Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011/2012 Cayenne V6 in Crazy Demand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:03 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
2011/2012 Cayenne V6 in Crazy Demand

Just a FYI for something I got from my dealership a little while back before picking up my car... something he emailed to me:

"I am excited about your new Cayenne arriving shortly, however, I have to make you aware of some recent developments with Porsche USA. The newly designed 2011 Porsche Cayenne V6 happens to be the #1 most "exported" car to China in the world from United States dealers. Due to various economic factors such as the Euro compared to the Dollar compared to the Yuan and the fact that the Porsche Cayenne price is actually subsidized to sell lower in the US than any other part of the world...this has created a huge demand for these cars to be exported out of the country to China and possibly other countries as well. This demand has led to the very limited supply of available cars to the U.S. customers nationwide and thus most dealers are either sold out of the Cayenne V6 model and/or are charging premiums over MSRP when they do have a car available for sale. And by us selling you the Cayenne that you ordered has potentially prevented any of our "local customers" the ability to buy a car from us since we are also now sold out for the year at least through October 2011. So good news for you but bad news for any of our local customers who want to buy a Cayenne V6 and have no hesitation to pay MSRP.

Porsche USA has a strict non export policy for all of its US dealers and are penalizing dealers tens of thousands of dollars for any dealer caught to knowingly export any of their cars outside of the U.S. even to customers in California who pay the normal tax and license due on any retail transaction. So what does all of this mean for you? It means that we have to be extra careful in who we are selling these cars to and have to go "the extra mile" to protect not only Porsche USA anti export policies but also the dealership itself. So my dealership's management team has created new policies and procedures for EVERY Cayenne V6 sold from this day forward. If I cannot get my customer to follow these new policies then I am NOT ALLOWED to sell you your Cayenne and the car will immediately be offered to someone else in our "local market" within a 15 mile radius of the dealership."

It then just goes on to say that you have to do a credit check, driver license, proof of insurance etc even if you pay off the car in full.

Great news for us that already have a Cayenne! Mine starts today.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2011PorscheCaye
Just a FYI for something I got from my dealership a little while back before picking up my car... something he emailed to me:

"I am excited about your new Cayenne arriving shortly, however, I have to make you aware of some recent developments with Porsche USA. The newly designed 2011 Porsche Cayenne V6 happens to be the #1 most "exported" car to China in the world from United States dealers. Due to various economic factors such as the Euro compared to the Dollar compared to the Yuan and the fact that the Porsche Cayenne price is actually subsidized to sell lower in the US than any other part of the world...this has created a huge demand for these cars to be exported out of the country to China and possibly other countries as well. This demand has led to the very limited supply of available cars to the U.S. customers nationwide and thus most dealers are either sold out of the Cayenne V6 model and/or are charging premiums over MSRP when they do have a car available for sale. And by us selling you the Cayenne that you ordered has potentially prevented any of our "local customers" the ability to buy a car from us since we are also now sold out for the year at least through October 2011. So good news for you but bad news for any of our local customers who want to buy a Cayenne V6 and have no hesitation to pay MSRP.

Porsche USA has a strict non export policy for all of its US dealers and are penalizing dealers tens of thousands of dollars for any dealer caught to knowingly export any of their cars outside of the U.S. even to customers in California who pay the normal tax and license due on any retail transaction. So what does all of this mean for you? It means that we have to be extra careful in who we are selling these cars to and have to go "the extra mile" to protect not only Porsche USA anti export policies but also the dealership itself. So my dealership's management team has created new policies and procedures for EVERY Cayenne V6 sold from this day forward. If I cannot get my customer to follow these new policies then I am NOT ALLOWED to sell you your Cayenne and the car will immediately be offered to someone else in our "local market" within a 15 mile radius of the dealership."

It then just goes on to say that you have to do a credit check, driver license, proof of insurance etc even if you pay off the car in full.

Great news for us that already have a Cayenne! Mine starts today.
Doesn't indicate so in the following slightly dated article, but maybe the V6 is the sweet spot in China, where the new owners get to flaunt the Porsche status they want to flaunt, but can reduce the tax hit to something more reasonable. It that is true, it could mean the problem with China wanting Cayennes is mostly limited to the V6 and China does not want the US allocations for the CS and the CTT nearly as much.

http://chinaluxculturebiz.wordpress....owth-in-china/

I don't see how the credit check and driver's license and so on is going to prove anything. Could be a bluff.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
the Cayennes in China are the Audi sourced V6 3 liter with Supercharger.........and rated to be 330 plus HP, Porsche only lists it at 300 hp for some reason..........they would sell like mad here too..

Not the same model engine etc here..so their logic does not apply, in their reasoning to ask for more info.

Sounds like a crap way to sniff out ways to flip cars off the lot faster.......or to get you to use Porsche USA finance.

Last edited by cordsig79; 05-31-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cordsig79
the Cayennes in China are the Audi sourced V6 3 liter with Supercharger.........and rated to be 330 plus HP, Porsche only lists it at 300 hp for some reason..........they would sell like mad here too..

Not the same model engine etc here...
There could be a lot of grey market V6 buyers in China who would be very unhappy to find out they are not driving the same V6 their local Porsche dealers are selling.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by hrd
There could be a lot of grey market V6 buyers in China who would be very unhappy to find out they are not driving the same V6 their local Porsche dealers are selling.
Very correct......they do use leaded gas and paint still so they may not care.....

Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cordsig79
Very correct......they do use leaded gas and paint still so they may not care.....
haha i think they'll just be happy they got a deal.

also don't think they care for us to use porsche financing... i actually wanted to but they defered me to a normal bank because it was giving me a better rate.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Taiwanese is on a distinguished road
When I purchased a MB C230 in 2003, the dealer make us sign a paper stating we will not be exporting it within 1 year or the penalty is $10,000.

I guess this is how the manufacturer protect gray market products.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Looks like the admins took this down....thank you .

thats great Auto Shield, now go f yourself.

Assessing a value via some abstract algorithim..........selling blackmagic. Go work on something more enterprise level if you want to make real money.

PCNA has announced that it will be strictly enforcing it's new car non-export dealership policy. Imposing charge-backs and allocation reductions for every vehicle exported. They have endorsed AutoExportShield to their dealers as the best tool to safe guard against unauthorized exports. We are a proprietary software that takes dealer supplied information and nation wide car purchase history to create a risk score to alert dealers of the threat of export in real-time. While using the system dealers can safely sell outside their AOI.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:26 PM
jay911 is on a distinguished road
It's a global economy, like the internet. Their resistance is futile! Get over it.