Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

The Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 PM
mws444 is on a distinguished road
The Shop

Hi guys! HIRISC posted a link on a thread on another forum which led me here. Thought you might enjoy seeing my place go up. It all started back in late July of '11, and we are now pretty close to being finished.
The building measures 85 x 125 with 16 foot endwalls, and is split into three sections. Two sections are 4,000 sq. feet each with one at 2,000.

Attached Images      

Last edited by mws444; 01-07-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Continued...
Here you can see the progress overall along with a couple of shots of the center section It is the main area upstairs there is a one bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment. Down stairs under the apartment there is an office, soda shop, and wash bay.

Attached Images      

Last edited by mws444; 01-07-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
More progress with the drywall going up and the porcelain tile going down. Mohawk two post lift installed and you can just see the basketball goal in the last pic.

Attached Images      

Last edited by mws444; 01-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Here you can see the moduline cabinets and lift all in, the flooring in that area is racedeck. Also some shots of the building in a building. I also included a current shot of the soda shop.
Sorry for the crappy camera phone pictures, I got a new Nikon D7000 for Christmas and hope to be able to figure it out soon.
I will post up some better pictures with it as soon as we get things finished and cleaned up.

Attached Images     

Last edited by mws444; 01-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Here is a shot of some of the equipment that will go in the other 4,000 foot parking area. I am also including a picture of the Renegade and stacker trailer. I havent even started to work on this part yet, part of the deal is a new kitchen, bathrooms and an addition onto the house for the Mrs. Like my Father always said "if the wife is'nt happy no one is happy".
So I will pull the contractors over to the house when we finish the center section here. The plan is to live at the shop during the house remodel.

Attached Images     
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
This is some project. Congrats in advance. By "shop" do you mean this is a commercial enterprise...or is this just your garage/personal man cave? :O

Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by evil panda
This is some project. Congrats in advance. By "shop" do you mean this is a commercial enterprise...or is this just your garage/personal man cave? :O
Well I am in the food manufacturing business, agriculture as well as a land developer, and it is built onsite adjacent to the main plant. The last section is used as dry storage for packaging materials, we will also use the place for client meetings, and entertaining as well as equipment fabrication. However there is only one set of keys to the place, mine.
I am a avid car nut, love both the 1/4 mile and road racing. I have spent years dreaming of building a place that was clean and comfortable to work on my cars. I also have a 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old son both play basketball and wanted it to be a place they could enjoy as well. I had to devote the last 30 years building my businesses and getting ahead, now I want to enjoy things a little more. I am now pushing 50 and figure it is now or never.
Also plan to use the place for some charity fundraisers, as I love to combine cars and giving back to the community.

My wife and I work together there at the plant and average about 12 hours a day it is also nice to have a place to be able to escape for a little while. Turning a wrench on a car is kinda like thearapy for me.

Last edited by mws444; 01-08-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice

Old 01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Great looking project, congrats!! Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
holy!! that place is HUGE, those cabinets are looking tiny...

Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys! The whole building is 10,000 square feet with 18 foot endwalls.
Here are some pics of where we are with the soda shop. Still waiting on the mirrors to be mounted behind the back counter, it will end up being the whole wall from the back splash to the ceiling. The lights over the booths will be in this next week, and the dishwsher to fill the void in the back should be installed later this week. I am also including a picture of the old fashioned glassware we found for the place. There is a restroom in there as well, well at least a MENS ROOM....sorry ladies have to go upstairs.

Attached Images      
Old 01-17-2012, 07:23 PM
The rest of the Soda Shop pics. I will post up some more pics once we get it wrapped up. We should also finish the upstairs apartment this week. As soon as I can get a wide angle lens for the Nikon D7000 I got for Christmas I will post up some nice shots of it all.

Attached Images   

Last edited by mws444; 01-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Wow.

Very nicely done. I love the malt shop!

I keep threatening to get a tire mount/balance setup.. can't seem to find a competent shop around here.

Nice cabinets!

Great job.. jealous of that much space.

Enjoy it in the best of health.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
rivermobster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Wow.

Very nicely done. I love the malt shop!

I keep threatening to get a tire mount/balance setup.. can't seem to find a competent shop around here.

Nice cabinets!

Great job.. jealous of that much space.

Enjoy it in the best of health.
Wow. Another unreal garage!

Go with the Hunter machines. Their road force ballencer is cant be beat for ease of use. There are more Fancy tire machines out there, but for ease of use (read: not screwing up your wheels if you make a mistake!) the Hunters cant be beat.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks!
I got a great deal on the Ranger machines as a package. I need a machine that can handle sizes all the way up to 26" for the motorhome and company semis, these units will. It is a tilt back tire machine, makes it a lot easier to get the tires on and off. It also has every feature to protect the high dollar aluminum rims as well as seat the bead on the low profile tires. Ranger is made by Bend Pack.

Last edited by mws444; 01-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Shop