Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > GT3/GT2/GT
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GT3/GT2/GT Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3, GT2, and the Carrera GT
Sponsored By ECS Tuning

ECU Settings and how to change them

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2004, 01:24 AM
Grand Pumba
Garage is empty, add now

Mr. RS
Question ECU Settings and how to change them

Gentlemen,

I read somewhere on this forum about the differant ECU settings for various areas of the globe.

As is usual when I look for anything I cannot find it.

Therefore my question is thus:

Can anyone tell me what the settings are i.e OO row, 01 USA etc.

Can anyone tell me how these can be changed?

It would be most useful if I could get an answer to this by Tuesday evening as I am going back to the Dyno on Wednesday and if possible would like see what differance the country settings make, if any.

I have been told numerous times that the US setting gives another 12HP over stock so want to see if it is true or just FUD.

Many thanks,

P.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Porsche Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hamann7
If anything, U.S. setting should be -12hp not +12.
Jaguar E-Type 4.2
Old 07-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Garage is empty, add now

SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
why would the GT3RS have a US setting? We don't even get the car in the US...
Old 07-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Grand Pumba
Garage is empty, add now

Mr. RS
Gents,

The engine in the RS and GT3 are basically the same.

The ECU is the same across all regions, there are however 4 basic settings that are adjusted dependant on your location in the globe.

I have been told, on good authority by the guys that run the Cup cars, that by changing the ECU setting to USA that the cars pick up 12HP.

The reason for my post was to see if anyone knew how easy it was to change this setting as I have a dyno day booked on Wednesday (it is Tuesday today) and wanted to see if there was any truth in the above statement.

Its a big old world Gentlemen, remember to look out as well as in.

P.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:41 AM
2007 Porsche 911
My Garage

03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I have also heard that you can add some horsepower by changing over to a US ecu. I can't recall where exactly, maybe in a magazine article. Try GT Purely Porsche or Porsche and 911 world..
Old 07-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Got Revs ???
Garage is empty, add now

rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Strange how ROW cars are programmed w/12 less hp when compared to US...What's that all about?

"It is the head and not the foot that is instrumental in any one driver's achievement. Few consider that..."
~Peter Sauber

Director of Installation, HWFMR
2004 GT3 Seal Grey
Mods: RS Flywheel/Clutch, Europipe Mufflers/Race Cats, BMC Air Filter, GT3 seats, TE roll/harness bar, Schroth Profi-lll 6pt. harnesses, Kinesis K58's, CF GT3RS Wing, console delete, EVO shiftlink
2004 Cayenne Turbo Basalt Black

Rockitman's Rockit Gallery
Rockitman's Install Gallery
Old 07-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Garage is empty, add now

spr
Send a message via AIM to spr Send a message via Yahoo to spr
usually it is the other way around ala with 996na's if you change to the row it has a better torque curve-
Old 07-07-2004, 07:35 PM
2007 Porsche 911
My Garage

03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I think that the GT3 is the only exception to that rule for some odd reason. The rest of the ROW line-up is usually more then the US versions..
Old 07-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Got Revs ???
Garage is empty, add now

rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
I think that the GT3 is the only exception to that rule for some odd reason. The rest of the ROW line-up is usually more then the US versions..
I guess Porsche must of felt bad for us Americans since they did not give us a GT3 RS, hence we get the higher horsepowered GT3.

"It is the head and not the foot that is instrumental in any one driver's achievement. Few consider that..."
~Peter Sauber

2004 GT3 Seal Grey
Mods: RS Flywheel/Clutch, Europipe Mufflers/Race Cats, BMC Air Filter, GT3 seats, TE roll/harness bar, Schroth Profi-lll 6pt. harnesses, Kinesis K58's, CF GT3RS Wing, console delete, EVO shiftlink

Old 07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
2007 Porsche 911
My Garage

Must be because you guys didn't get the original GT3 as well.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Grand Pumba
Garage is empty, add now

Mr. RS
Think I am going to leave well alone.

Car pulled 402.5HP on the dyno yesterday.

Maybe the engines are a bit special in the RS after all....

P.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Got Revs ???
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. RS
Think I am going to leave well alone.

Car pulled 402.5HP on the dyno yesterday.

Maybe the engines are a bit special in the RS after all....

P.
was that estimated crank hp or RWHP????

That is inline with the US GT3's for est crank hp...

~Peter Sauber

2004 GT3 Seal Grey

Old 07-08-2004, 09:40 PM

Tags
911, car, change, computer, ecm, ecu, engine, modify, parameters, porsche, setting, settings, setup, speed, switch