Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo goodness at Rennsport|One

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Gallardo goodness at Rennsport|One

So a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a thread by 997SilverTurbo where he mentioned that he wasn't happy with the current sound of his 2006 Gallardo. See this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-gallardo.html
The car was currently equipped with a Tubi exhaust system and the owner just wasn't happy with the sound. He mentioned that he was going to be buying an entirely new exhaust system for and ditching the Tubi. I thought to myself..."wait a minute!!"...we've got Tubi with cat bypass pipes on our shop 2005 Gallardo and it sounds amazing! "How could anyone not like that sound?". Luckily the owner lived just a few miles away from the shop so I suggested that before he throw away thousands of dollars on a new system he should take a ride up here and listen to our car. So he came by, listened to the car, and fell in love right away! So rather then buy an entirely new system which costs up to $5000, we hooked him up with a set of Fabspeed cat bypass pipes (about $1000) and totally woke up the sound of this G. He left with a smile from ear to ear!

Here's some pics and a video clip (at the bottom). For anyone with a Gallardo looking for the perfect exotic sound, Tubi with Fabspeed cat bypass pipes is a winner!!

All cooled down and ready for the operation:

Look at the size of these OEM cats! Talk about restrictive!

All buttoned up and ready to hit the street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ejhp9omiQ

Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM
davidTT is on a distinguished road
I have the same setup!!the sound is truly amazing

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
It does sound outstanding. But I assume to not be throwing codes all over the place, that you need an ECU tune as well right?
What's the whole package cost for an 08 G? (PM me or whatever if that is better) Thanks!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
wicked 7 is on a distinguished road
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new exhaust as well on my 07 G and I'm curious about CEL problems with this setup. It sounds great.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wicked 7
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new exhaust as well on my 07 G and I'm curious about CEL problems with this setup. It sounds great.
I believe the fabspeed exhaust itself doesnt cause CELs in the 07-08, but guaranteed the straight pipes will. Rennsport1 runs the Evoms code, so I assume you have to chip it to be able to run that setup.
But I figure the Kreissieg sounds insane, but it costs 8k...If you can score a package deal on the catback (~3k) straight pipes (1k) ECU (~3k), I would bet you could run that setup for the same price if not less and have prolly 40-50hp (taking us to a nice 560-570) vs. ~20 or so with the KS alone.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow that sounds sick!! what did you guys do to it? just cats? thats sounds sick and it looks sick!!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
wow that sounds sick!! what did you guys do to it? just cats? thats sounds sick and it looks sick!!
It's fabspeed straight pipes and Tubi cat back...then all Lambo :-)

Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We did NOT run the EVOMSit software in this car, and no CEL's.

I'll put some pricing together and send it over via PM for you guys shorty.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah, but its an 06...and while that is still kinda shocking that the car wouldnt tweak on not seeing any cats there and such, the 07-08s are substantially more sensitive to that stuff.
Are you saying you have run straight pipes on an 07 or 08 without a change in ecu software (regardless of what cat-back is on) and not seen any codes being thrown?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 AM
No Name will become famous soon enoughNo Name will become famous soon enough
Those bypass pipes are $1000?!?!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by No Name
http://www.fabspeed.com/lamborghini.html

Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by No Name
$995 to be exact..lol

Old 02-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, i mean you can hardly fart at a Gallardo for less than a grand, so I don't find it too shocking that a couple little pieces of stainless steel tubing with a couple little bungs in it for sensors costs what it does.
Straight pipes on the porscheTT are about the same arent they?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM
No Name will become famous soon enoughNo Name will become famous soon enough

Wow, I'm in the wrong business!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Straight pipes on the porscheTT are about the same arent they?
Just about the same. But I wouldn't run them on a Porsche TT....we've done it and the droning and loudness is just unbearable. The Lambo is loud in a good make you giggle when you hit the throttle kind of way. The straight piped Porsche Turbo is loud in a holy crap I wanna stab my ears sort of way.

The best part of the Lambo setup is that when you're just cruising it's totally bearable and very civil, but once you hit the gas....it's music!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo goodness at Rennsport|One