Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

LA daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
MamoVaka is an unknown quantity at this point
LA daily driver

Guys,

I spend 70% of year in LA now.. I have ferrari and maserati here.. its clear I don't really NEED both

I Am considering getting a
lamborghini Gallardo
or
Aston Martin Vantage

in 6 speed

as my only car in LA
I work from home when here and I use the car for fun and errands only.. I also am getting a 911 turbo for my other location

What do you recommend? aston martin or lambo? I adore the looks of both and I think they will be better for DD duties than the Ferrari modena I have.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
i had a egear g spyder and drove it as a DD. now i have a stick which i dont mind in LA either. id say go with the lambo. and it can handle DD

Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
John Galt is on a distinguished road
I have driven both which are in the stable of the Houston Motor Club of which I am a member. The Aston does have superior looks (the Lambo gets noticed more though).

I much more prefer the experience of driving the Lambo but on anything other than the freeway it is a pain. Try going through a long 20 mph school zone.

Sadly, if I had to drive just one and use it as a DD, it would probably be the Aston, especially if you have a 911 in your other location.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:34 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
This is a tough one. The AM V8 Vantage is a wonderful DD of a car and with the 6speed config it can driven easily at low and high speeds + it makes the most wonderful of sounds.

The Lambo on the other hand also looks and sounds wonderful but will be slightly (only slightly) less DD than the Aston.

A tough call in the end, but let us know what you went ahead with. My vote goes for the Aston.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
MamoVaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys,

I may keep my 2 cars for awhile here unless I get good offers to sell.. as I love them both

if I want to splurge and keep 2 cars I will just sell the mas and ferrari, then get a aston for a DD and a murceilago or the other DD..

if that is the case I would likely ge the aston first

Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
obrienkp is on a distinguished road
Many owners of the Vantage over on LP have been complaining about what total hunks of **** there Astons are. Webster132 is talking about pursuing a lemon law and another member or two chimed in with similar problems. With tht said, id go for the gallardo.