Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo models and headroom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Gallardo models and headroom

Does anyone know if the new Superleggera seats are lower for more headroom? I am thinking of picking up either Balboni or Superleggera but the choice has less to do with the more important differences and boils down to headroom for my 6'2" height.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
gemlender will become famous soon enoughgemlender will become famous soon enough
Should not have a problem. I'm 6'4" with a med build and fit fine. Personally I would go for the SL. Unless you really know how to drive. The rear wheel drive Balboni can be a lot of fun but can get out of hand. But looking at you avatar I'm sure you can handle it. :-).

Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
I neither own nor driven the car in my avatar and possess only average driving skills. I am however totally comfortable driving rear wheel drive only cars.

I did climb into a Gallardo a few years ago only to find my head pressed up against the roof. Hence my question if the SL version with the CF buckets would have a few inches more headroom. I guess I have a longer torso since some guys at 6'4" can fit... Didn't have any problems with headroom in any of the Porsche cars or the F430.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
gemlender will become famous soon enoughgemlender will become famous soon enough
Did the G have heated seats. I tend to find those sit higher. Also what shoes you wear does matter. With driving shoes your foot can fit higher on the pedal and you sit lower. Sounds weird but it does matter

Old 11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i think gallardos with power seats sit about 1.5 inch higher. the heated seats should have no effect on seat height.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Yes the SL seats will sit lower.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
No power seats or go with SL. Thanks!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM
phil_m is on a distinguished road
SL definitely is lower. As others have said the seat sits lower without the power seat, and I also think the padding may be slightly thinner as well. I would recommend sitting in them to see. I'm 6'4" have the SL and with my seat set just right I just fit. I've also heard that it may be possible to bolt the seat directly to the floor to gain another couple of inches which is the first mod Im going to look into.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
you can also look into CF seats from technocraft. fred had that setup. seats are pretty rock solid so it'd be for shorter drives.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:28 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
I'm 6'4 and weight 270#, I have an '06 Gallardo with electric and heated seats.

I have never had issues with headroom in my car and it has no mods referred to earlier in this thread to produce more headroom.

I have gone on extensive road trips and have never had an issue of headroom or even comfort in that car. My guess is if someone cannot find a comfortable seating position in these cars they have not spend enough time adjusting the seat and steering column and the problem does not reside in the car!!!

Her is my fat azz in my car going from Burlington VT to Montreal in about 40 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOB_JiY373U

Last edited by glh; 12-01-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM
euro_king is on a distinguished road
I'm about 6.2 and already try both non electric and electric seat. no problem at all

Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Someone 6'4" fit in these cars?? I can't see how anyone over 6 ft fit in these cars. I guess it also depends on how you like to sit. I sat in an '08 'regular' G and at 6'3" 220 my neck was sideways!! I would love to get a G but would like to be comfortable spending all that dough!. Guess people long in the torso have trouble. Now i race all my cars and you would have to cut a hole in the roof to fit a helmet.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
PowertechSelect is on a distinguished road
I am 6' 2 1/2" and about 235 pounds. In the past, I've driven a Gallardo coupe and spyder with power seats, and my head was touching the roofs. That basically ruled out Gallardo's from my shortlist.

A couple of weeks ago I looked at one with manual seats, and I was able to fit with some adjustment to the seat. I think having manual seats give an extra inch or so of headroom. That was a deciding factor on whether I bought it or not. Thankfully I'm was able to fit. Not as much room as a 430, but enough... It maybe tough for me to get a helmet on, but I'll definitely try to make it work.

If I was a little taller, I would not fit that well and for me, being reasonably comfortable in the car was a go/no-go for me...

Originally Posted by 07speed
Someone 6'4" fit in these cars?? I can't see how anyone over 6 ft fit in these cars. I guess it also depends on how you like to sit. I sat in an '08 'regular' G and at 6'3" 220 my neck was sideways!! I would love to get a G but would like to be comfortable spending all that dough!. Guess people long in the torso have trouble. Now i race all my cars and you would have to cut a hole in the roof to fit a helmet.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:59 PM
JesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the rough
I'm 6'3 and I felt the gallardo was a bit tight... But seeing that when I find the right one I'll just have to do some modifying to the seat. Because nothing it going to stand in the way of me and my gallardo.

But that being said... Has anyone out there done anything about the Seat in terms of modification?

Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by scudnik
I am 6' 2 1/2" and about 235 pounds. In the past, I've driven a Gallardo coupe and spyder with power seats, and my head was touching the roofs. That basically ruled out Gallardo's from my shortlist.

A couple of weeks ago I looked at one with manual seats, and I was able to fit with some adjustment to the seat. I think having manual seats give an extra inch or so of headroom. That was a deciding factor on whether I bought it or not. Thankfully I'm was able to fit. Not as much room as a 430, but enough... It maybe tough for me to get a helmet on, but I'll definitely try to make it work.

If I was a little taller, I would not fit that well and for me, being reasonably comfortable in the car was a go/no-go for me...
Scudnik, I did not realize there was a difference with the manual and power seats. Wonder if power seats were a popular option and that finding one with a manual seat will be difficult. Does the superleggera have manual seats??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo models and headroom