Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is PDCC important to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 AM
andrewket is on a distinguished road
Is PDCC important to you?

For those of you who are ordering Turbos, did you order it with PDCC? The reason I ask is I have found a few cars available that have almost all the options I would order except for PDCC. I'm trying to decide how important the option is to me, and also what it might do in the future on resale.

Andrew

Last edited by andrewket; 12-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:41 PM
screename996 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't buy one without it, it's in my Turbo S Cayenne and my Pan T. Keeps the car flat in the corners and I believe that to be a good thing.

Here's what Porsche has to say about it:

The two options come together on the Panamera

Adaptive Air Suspension in Conjunction with PDCC: Fully load-bearing air-spring struts with integral dampers in front and separate dampers and air springs in the rear. "Sport Plus" mode lowers vehicle 0.98 inches and stiffens spring characteristics. Manual lift function raises chassis 0.78 inches up to a speed of 18 mph for driving over high curbs and steep ramps.

PDCC: Active anti-roll system offering reduced body movement when cornering and thus increased agility and performance. Also provides more comfort on uneven surfaces. Includes active anti-roll bars on front and electronically controlled rear axle differential lock for enhanced performance.

This is what Edmunds Inside line had to say:

Then there's Porsche's PDCC (Porsche dynamic chassis control), a system of active stabilizer bars that we praised when it was introduced by the Porsche Cayenne. Here it de-couples the stabilizer bars while you're driving straight down the road, improving ride comfort over the bumps. In the corners, the bars come into play again, reducing body roll to a level determined by the suspension calibration that you select with the "****pit-mounted switch". This option is worth every penny you pay for it.

Link to Article:

http://www.insideline.com/porsche/pa...irst-look.html

Here's a little more about it on the Cayenne:
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Two major objectives of Porsche chassis design are optimal roadholding and precision handling. Both of these can be further enhanced with Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC). This optional aid is available for all new Cayenne models in conjunction with the optional air suspension featuring PASM.

PDCC uses active anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles to significantly reduce lateral body movement during cornering maneuvers. PDCC reads the current steering angle and lateral acceleration forces, and responds by producing a stabilizing counterforce that precisely negates any swaying force acting on the body. The result is optimal traction and occupant comfort in both onand off-road use.

PDCC automatically switches to Off-road mode when the Low-range gearing is selected. Essentially, this allows the two halves of each anti-roll bar to rotate further in opposition to each other, lengthening wheel articulation and improving traction on uneven surfaces. Since each individual wheel has greater contact with the ground, a greater proportion of drive torque is transmitted.

Cayennes equipped with PDCC can be identified by the silvercolored chassis controls on the center console.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
it is pretty neat how it flattens the car - going from pdcc in my turbo cayenne to w/o in my GTS - not a deal maker imo but personal.

these cars corner pretty d@m flat as it is -

if you test it make sure you do some aggressive lane changes as it really does show the feature in those manouvers.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
for fun factor in these cars though, i would put the sport exhaust as a must have over pdcc given how flat they already run - pretty personal though

Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I dont know how it handles without PDCC but I can say it works very well and I would certainly opt for it again. I love how this feature combines with the adjustable damping and ride height, not to mention the locking diff. It is a MUST in my opinion. I have really enjoyed railing around in sport plus and then hitting comfort and the high ride height for milling through the parking lot. It is also fun to see the car rise up and down.

Based on your prior cars I would assume (I am also assuming you did not mod your suspension on your prior cars) that performance is not your ultimate goal, so it may not be that important, but I think the Turbo should come standard with this option.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 PM
It is standard on CTT 09+
Should be standard on Pan.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by falb
I dont know how it handles without PDCC but I can say it works very well and I would certainly opt for it again. I love how this feature combines with the adjustable damping and ride height, not to mention the locking diff. It is a MUST in my opinion. I have really enjoyed railing around in sport plus and then hitting comfort and the high ride height for milling through the parking lot. It is also fun to see the car rise up and down.

Based on your prior cars I would assume (I am also assuming you did not mod your suspension on your prior cars) that performance is not your ultimate goal, so it may not be that important, but I think the Turbo should come standard with this option.

you can get air without pdcc and get all the height and comfort adjustment stuff

i did like the way in the turbo that even on the soft setting for bad roads it was still flat - w/o pdcc they wallow a bit more on that setting

anyway - the 4S i stuffed an offer in on has the PDCC and it was flat - the turbo i tested did not have pdcc and frankly i was really surprised how flat it was as well.

at the end of the day here though - maybe 10% of the cayennes made even had the option so perhaps that says a lot?

Old 12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
all performance options are important to me, except for the sport exhaust... i prefer aftermarket

Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
i had to get mine with pdcc

Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by screename996
It is standard on CTT 09+
Should be standard on Pan.
it was not standard on 09 CTT it only came standard on the 09 CTTS

Old 12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by LosAngeles
it was not standard on 09 CTT it only came standard on the 09 CTTS
You are correct sir...it was standard on my CTTS. My Bad. Damn CTTS was expensive...

Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
I have driven a 4S with and a turbo without. There is a noticeable difference in how flat the car is in hard cornering with PDDC. If I order one, it will have PDDC.