Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS First Drive - AutoCar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
GTS First Drive - AutoCar

Edited to include full article:

Attached Images    

Last edited by umwolverine; 01-26-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsc...t-2802477.html

How good is your german?

Porsche Panamera GTS: Fahrbericht

— 24.01.2012 Sportlich, straff und sauschnell

Google Anzeige
Trabant mieten
Oldtimer Trabant selber fahren. Berlin-Touren, Ausflüge, Events.
www.trabantberlin.de

Zur Bildergalerie
Ist der Porsche Panamera GTS ein echter Kandidat für die Rennstrecke oder nur eine aufgemotzte Variante des 4S? Erste Fahrt im 430 PS starken Gran Turismo.

Von Andreas Borchmann GTS – diese Abkürzung steht bei Porsche für "Gran Turismo Sport". Was das beim Panamera bedeutet? Hinter den drei Buchstaben stecken im Vergleich zum Panamera 4S 30 zusätzliche PS – also insgesamt 430. Dazu kommt ein breiterer Bug und der Heckflügel des Panamera Turbo sowie schwarzer Karosserie-Zierrat. Außerdem ist der GTS einen Zentimeter tiefergelegt. Innen sitzt es sich sehr bequem auf 18-Wege-Sportsitzen, die – ebenso wie Dachhimmel und Armauflagen – serienmäßig mit Alcantara bezogen sind. Das alles lässt sich Porsche mit 116.716 Euro (13.566 Euro mehr als ein 4S) allerdings auch fürstlich entlohnen. Überblick: News und Tests zum Porsche Panamera

Wie er sich fährt? Sportlich, straff, sauschnell – und mit tollem V8-Sound. Der Motor hängt gierig am Gas, die Automatik (PDK) schaltet blitzschnell. Dazu kommen die stramme Lenkung und ein deutlich agileres Fahrverhalten: Dieser Panamera ist mehr Sportwagen als Limousine. Wenn auch ein zu groß geratener. Doch auch als GTS bietet der Panamera einen Schuss Wellness für Verwöhnte, punktet mit viel Platz im Innenraum, gesunder Fahrwerkshärte bei gleichzeitig gutem Federungskomfort für weite Wege auf schlechten Straßen.

Fazit: Wem der Panamera 4S zu wenig sportlich ist und der Turbo zu dick aufträgt, liegt beim GTS genau richtig.

Technische Daten Porsche Panamera GTS • V8, vorn längs • 4806 cm3 • 316 kW (430 PS) bei 6700/min • max. Drehmoment 520 Nm bei 3500/min • Siebenstufen-PDK • Allradantrieb • 0–100 km/h 4,5 s • Spitze 288 km/h • EU-Mix 10,9 l Super/100 km • CO2 258 g/km • Preis 116.716 Euro.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM
cay-man-ess23 is on a distinguished road
The GTS looks pretty amazing. I'm sure it will drive even better than it looks!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kip
My wife is German - so here's an quick improvement on the Google translation:

Is the Porsche Panamera GTS is a real candidate for the race track or just a souped-up version of the 4S? First ride on the 430-hp Gran Turismo.
By Andreas Borchmann GTS - this abbreviation stands for Porsche for "Gran Turismo sports." What does the GTS on the Panamera mean? Behind the three letters in comparison to the Panamera 4S - 30 additional horsepower - for a total of 430hp In addition, a wider front and the rear wing of the Panamera Turbo, as well as black-body adornments. In addition, the GTS is lowered an inch. Inside you sits very comfortably on 18-way sports seats - are upholstered in Alcantara as standard - as well as headliner and armrests. All this Porsche can be had for 116 716 € (13 566 € more than a 4S) but you also pay handsomely.

Overview: News and tests the Porsche Panamera

How does it operate? Athletic, toned, fast-driving - and with a great V8 sound. The engine is eager on the throttle, the automatic (PDK) switches instantaneously. Then there are the tight steering and a significantly more agile driving behavior: The Panamera is more sports car than sedan, even if it is oversized. But even as the Panamera GTS offers a shot of goodness for the spoiled, it scores with a lot of interior space, a healthy suspension hardness and good ride comfort for long distances on bad roads.

Conclusion: If the Panamera 4S isn't sporty enough and the turbo is too heavy feeling, the GTS is just right.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
sounds great!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
"by far the most engaging in what is now a significant seven strong line-up of Panamera models offered here in the UK"

WoW!!! I've driven a Turbo S and can tell the difference in power from my Turbo.

I'd love to see this thing with some mods!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
What I'd really love to see is a head-to-head comparison between the GTS and Turbo/S. I'd expect the Turbo/S to produce better acceleration numbers (duh) but from a driving/engagement standpoint, it would be interesting to see how they compare. Considering that the 911 GTS was considered a better driver's car than the Turbo (most of the reviews I've read, anyway), I wonder if the same disparity will show itself with the Panamera, or if it's just too big a car to yield much of a difference.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan
What I'd really love to see is a head-to-head comparison between the GTS and Turbo/S. I'd expect the Turbo/S to produce better acceleration numbers (duh) but from a driving/engagement standpoint, it would be interesting to see how they compare. Considering that the 911 GTS was considered a better driver's car than the Turbo (most of the reviews I've read, anyway), I wonder if the same disparity will show itself with the Panamera, or if it's just too big a car to yield much of a difference.
Big and slow like the turbo s on track?

Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by kip

Track times really don't tell you anything about how well a car responds to your inputs, how the car feels when you drive it, or what kind of a driver's car it is. Horsepower can make up for a lot of shortcomings on the track.

The Boss 302 mustang had a quicker track time than the Cayman R. I know what car I'd rather drive.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
I've taken my Panny to VIR & Road Atlanta, hp has nothing to with getting around those tracks fast. Before I got acclimated to RA & VIR in the 1st session a Miata was eating my lunch. It's all about hitting your points but everybody knows that. If your going to take a your GTS/PTT/PTTS to the track like I do from time to time then a GTS is probably the better choice. If your not then get the big boy Turbo S and be done with it that way the only people that pass you on the road are the ones you allow too.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kip

I guess my ultimate point is to see the real world differences in performance between the GTS and Turbo. Either car is fast, there's no doubt. And there are simply very few places in the real world to "use" the "extra" HP of the Turbo/s. The question for me is whether or not the GTS is more engaging or sportier and thus the "better" real world car for those seeking such things. Can't possibly compare to the sheer thrust of the Turbo/s, and clearly that isn't the goal. I would just enjoy a direct comparo to really highlight the differences ... is the GTS a "competitor" to the Turbo/s or is it simply a better 4S? Several articles posted today do a good job of highlighting some of the changes ... sure looks promising. And while I would choose the GTS over the new M5 without hesitation (for a variety of reasons) it certainly is hard to justify the extra cost with such a huge disparity in power.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 PM
kip
These reviews have been excellent. The GTS has been called the best Panamera yet, I think all of you waiting for it will love it.

But what I dont understan,d if you really compare a turbo/turbo s and the GTS, is the following. If you take a turbo/S with PDCC incl PTV, sport chrono, sport optic package, servotoronic and sport exhaust and press the sport plus button, I believe there is no mechanical difference in the two cars, except the turbochargers, even the engine is the same, PCCB is allways an option. Does this mean adding a turbocharger in a car makes it less sporty? Am I missing something?

After driving the Cayenne GTS vs turbo I understod the philosopihical difference of these cars. When in comfort modes the the turbos are soft limos, whereas even the Cayenne felt very sportive, hard ride, good sounds, instant throttle, but when the sport/sport plus buttons are pushed, the turbo becomes the GTS.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by kip
These reviews have been excellent. The GTS has been called the best Panamera yet, I think all of you waiting for it will love it.

But what I dont understan,d if you really compare a turbo/turbo s and the GTS, is the following. If you take a turbo/S with PDCC incl PTV, sport chrono, sport optic package, servotoronic and sport exhaust and press the sport plus button, I believe there is no mechanical difference in the two cars, except the turbochargers, even the engine is the same, PCCB is allways an option. Does this mean adding a turbocharger in a car makes it less sporty? Am I missing something?

After driving the Cayenne GTS vs turbo I understod the philosopihical difference of these cars. When in comfort modes the the turbos are soft limos, whereas even the Cayenne felt very sportive, hard ride, good sounds, instant throttle, but when the sport/sport plus buttons are pushed, the turbo becomes the GTS.
The turbo s in 'sport plus' mode certainly becomes 'a lot like' the GTS, but depending on your level of skill and experience, the driving experience should be very different. First of all, The turbo s has over 100 HP more. The GTS has everything else the turbo s has, but is lower (in sport mode), lighter, and should have a more responsive and better sounding engine. If the trade off of better response, sound and handling is worth 100+ HP, then it's the car to choose. If you love the rush of blasting by anything on the straightaway, then it's the turbo s.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
wow, great reviews! I am looking forward to placing the order in about 6 months!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS First Drive - AutoCar