Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very pleased with Interim Service results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Very pleased with Interim Service results

I just had the interim service completed on my `11 P4S with just under 18K on the odometer and it's like I'm driving a different car. I usually drive in the "Sport" setting and the car is so quick and responsive that I found myself checking that I didn't accidentily have the car in "Sport +". The service just entailed oil and filter and inspections; no flash or software. My SA says that they now are using Mobil 1 5W40. If the difference I am perceiving is as a result of the type of oil, then that stuff needs to be better marketed.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Doubt it but are brains can trick us into believing in all sorts of things. But if it feels like a different car thats always a good thing.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I realize that the mind can play funny tricks, but it definitely feels like a different car.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:17 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Leslierc
I realize that the mind can play funny tricks, but it definitely feels like a different car.
My advice? Check where your header section touches your cats section and see if there is something that looks like a snail in the middle of these two? Maybe they made a mistake and added couple spoolers.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:18 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Don't know how Mobil1 alone can make a noticeable difference. The only plausible explanation is what Mia suggested. I am actually more surprised that you have so very few miles on your car. I can't stop driving my p4s, lol.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by nick.kapoor
Don't know how Mobil1 alone can make a noticeable difference. The only plausible explanation is what Mia suggested. I am actually more surprised that you have so very few miles on your car. I can't stop driving my p4s, lol.
Perhaps because it stays in the garage on the weekends when I'm driving my 991 C4.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:16 PM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
Any chance they reset the ECU and PDK by disconnecting the battery?

Old 05-15-2014, 04:25 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I do a checkup on my cars every year and I always find something a loose hose, clamp not tight enough etc. If they did not find anything on your car that needed something, in my opinion they did not look that hard.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Perhaps because it stays in the garage on the weekends when I'm driving my 991 C4.
I gotta try the 991. Been watching a lot of good reviews on the cayman gts '14/'15. Think I am heading out this weekend to try it out at the silver spring dealer. Are you going to the panny get-together in Rockville on June 1?

Old 05-16-2014, 04:49 AM
I gotta try the 991. Been watching a lot of good reviews on the cayman gts '14/'15. Think I am heading out this weekend to try it out at the silver spring dealer. Are you going to the panny get-together in Rockville on June 1?
That sounds like fun. Do you know where it's being held in Rockville? It was my 981 Boxster S that got me to consider the 991. Porsche really knows how to engineer a sports car! Tell me what you think after you've tried the 991.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:26 AM
That sounds like fun. Do you know where it's being held in Rockville? It was my 981 Boxster S that got me to consider the 991. Porsche really knows how to engineer a sports car! Tell me what you think after you've tried the 991.
Got this from the other blog engine that sounds like rennlist:
Get our your calendars: The next "Meet and Drive" will be on Sunday, 6/1/14 at 930 am at Bagel City 12119 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852. It's the same shopping center with TGI Fridays. We apologize in advance if that date doesn't work for some of you - it's tough to pick one that everyone can make.

What is a "Meet and Drive"? We meet and chat in the large parking lot starting at 930 am till 11am (show up whenever is good for you - it's totally casual), then we take a circuitous, spirited 50 minute drive to a lunch spot somewhere in the area. The lunch spot this time will be at the Clydes Tower Oaks Lodge in Rockville at 2 Preserve Pkwy, Rockville, MD. 20852 at 11:50 am.

You can order a burger, veggie burger or other sandwich from $10-13 and an entire meal could be had for less than $20. [B]We will have a reservation for 20 people so if you can make the brunch part of the day PLEASE RSVP AND LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE as it's tough to get a seat here at this time of day.

If you haven't been to this place, it's the most beautiful spot to eat in the area and fairly reasonable for brunch.

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Lovegts is on a distinguished road
Hi I just got the boxster s recently in addition to my panny gts. How does the 991 compare.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lovegts
Hi I just got the boxster s recently in addition to my panny gts. How does the 991 compare.
Congratulations on your Boxster S! In my opinion, the 981 is the best looking convertible in Porsche's stable of cars. In addition, it is probably the most well-balanced and agile car I have driven. My 981 was an MT, which also is the case with my 991. The torque seems to always be there in the 991. One difference I've noticed between the cars is in the handling aspect. You must learn how to use the right pedal in the 991, particularly in tight turns...never take your foot off the accelerator. Also, the 991 seems a lot quicker than the 981. I would say as well that the 991 C4, because of the intelligent all wheel drive feature of that car, returns some of the agility that is natural to the 981.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Leslierc

Where did you get the service done? in ss? been busy haven't gotten around to test driving the 991. My concern is I will go to test drive the 991 and end up with some turbo. Damn they make good cars.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Leslierc

Where did you get the service done? in ss? been busy haven't gotten around to test driving the 991. My concern is I will go to test drive the 991 and end up with some turbo. Damn they make good cars.
Tysons Corner did the service for $570 (incl tax). I first shopped for this service with S.S., but they were quoting me around $800. However, funny you should mention being enticed by a turbo because I had some time to kill on Saturday morning and I stopped by S.S. to look at the Macan. The SAs weren't very chatty, but while there I noticed that they had two new 991 Turbo Ss, one red the other black, for sale. Beautiful, pricey, and way too much car for my needs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very pleased with Interim Service results