Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refresh my 2010 p4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
pannysport is on a distinguished road
Refresh my 2010 p4s

I am getting the sport design package to refresh the look of my p4s... Feel kinda waste of money to get face lifted panny which feels like the same car...

Anyway, apart from sport package, just wonder if u guys think the sport exhaust is worthwhile to add... I hear from some garage people sport exhaust is not that different ... What do u users think?

Old 11-29-2014, 05:49 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Early this year a rock broke my front bumper and I took the opportunity to add the sport design package while it was in the shop. My car already had a ducktail wing and the AWE exhaust which I love the sound of. If the bumper was not damaged I doubt I would have ever put of the package. I have found over the years that changing things that are cosmetic only give (I don't even notice the difference anymore) you a brief feeling of newness and you never recoup that money. The only upgrades I have ever found that continue to excite are those that giver better performance. You have to ask yourself whether you are just bored with your car and is it time to move on. If the answer is yes or even maybe, you will not change that with a body kit.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by MrPrice
Early this year a rock broke my front bumper and I took the opportunity to add the sport design package while it was in the shop. My car already had a ducktail wing and the AWE exhaust which I love the sound of. If the bumper was not damaged I doubt I would have ever put of the package. I have found over the years that changing things that are cosmetic only give (I don't even notice the difference anymore) you a brief feeling of newness and you never recoup that money. The only upgrades I have ever found that continue to excite are those that giver better performance. You have to ask yourself whether you are just bored with your car and is it time to move on. If the answer is yes or even maybe, you will not change that with a body kit.
Yea little bored with my car but can't find other car that I want... Except maybe the new 991 gts but I need the rear seats... Actually I upgraded my wheels like a year ago and I am still very happy with them... Very much worth the money...

In your logic, does sport exhaust improve the performance?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:18 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pannysport
I am getting the sport design package to refresh the look of my p4s... Feel kinda waste of money to get face lifted panny which feels like the same car...

FWIW, I went from a 2010 P4S to a 2013 P-GTS. That was before the facelift, so the two cars were the same. Except that they were entirely different. The GTS feels so much more like a sports car. It handles better, sounds waaay better (PSE and sound symposer will do that), has bigger brakes (the 18" snow wheels from the P4S would no longer fit) and generally feels more buttoned down in every respect. So if you moved from the P4S to the P-GTS, it will not feel like the same car.

The new 14/15 P-GTS is essentially my car, with a few minor body changes like the shape of the headlights, front grille, and back end. That, and 10 extra horsepower, which your butt dyno may or may not be able to feel. But you will feel the power, sound, and suspension.

Just another thought to throw into the mix.

DMoore
'13 P-GTS
'13 991S (with '15 991GTS set for delivery in January)

Old 12-01-2014, 04:33 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Since I have pretty good idea what the body kit costs and what the exhaust costs, you are not going to feel any gains (they are too small to notice) with it and it is just not worth the cost, my car came with it. I also have a set of HRE wheels I have yet to mount I will likely never put them on since I plan of saying goodbye to the Panamera at the end of next year. I now need a car that can fit five people. I do not know you and you not mean to be insulting but you said you thought the wheels were worth the money and you still are happy with them so you might be more inclined to cosmetic changes than I am. You could do what I did and have a new thick sport steering wheel done that allows the multifunction and put on the Techart paddle shifters. Makes the car more fun.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by MrPrice
Since I have pretty good idea what the body kit costs and what the exhaust costs, you are not going to feel any gains (they are too small to notice) with it and it is just not worth the cost, my car came with it. I also have a set of HRE wheels I have yet to mount I will likely never put them on since I plan of saying goodbye to the Panamera at the end of next year. I now need a car that can fit five people. I do not know you and you not mean to be insulting but you said you thought the wheels were worth the money and you still are happy with them so you might be more inclined to cosmetic changes than I am. You could do what I did and have a new thick sport steering wheel done that allows the multifunction and put on the Techart paddle shifters. Makes the car more fun.
U getting cayenne?

Old 12-02-2014, 04:02 AM
No, already have 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. Either an awd B7, or the new S Class. I am getting older and I like my luxury sedans to be more like luxury sedans. Besides I have sports cars that serve the other purpose.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
I agree - if you want to refresh your Panny, simple things like an AWE Exhaust, some larger wheels, and TechArt Aero goodies might be the way to go!

This Charcoal Grey one pictured below has the complete TechArt Aerokit, but you can do something like the GT Silver car pictured below which has the TechArt Headlight/Taillight Surrounds, TechArt Exhaust, and 21" HRE P47SC's

Send us an email for more information! We would be more than happy to help you out!

Old 12-03-2014, 04:33 AM
It is my car in AWE's video

Old 12-04-2014, 05:46 AM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
[CENTER]I agree - if you want to refresh your Panny, simple things like an AWE Exhaust, some larger wheels, and TechArt Aero goodies might be the way to go!
What are the rear wings on the Panameras in the photos?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NewTurboMan
What are the rear wings on the Panameras in the photos?
That one is the TechArt Type I rear spoiler - We have it IN STOCK ready to rock & roll. Give us a call or shoot me an email for more information!