Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car completely dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Toadkillerdog is on a distinguished road
Car completely dead

Started immediately this AM, but after work not a sign of power. No dash lights, no pings, nothing. Lights not left on... It was as if there was no battery connected at all. Jumper cables applied, no power... quoted 4 hours by Porsche roadside assistance for tow. The tow people still have not called me. I had to leave car in lot.
Any ideas other than suddenly completely dead battery with an inadequate jump?

Discouraged... This car was perfect up to now

Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
That's very odd behavior for any car. Did you check in the back to ensure the battery terminals were still connected (assuming it may have come off the terminal from hitting a bump or something).

Just a thought.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:06 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Ok so you had no power at all. Ive seen them die that fast but usually a jump starts it s.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Trucked to dealer overnight started right up immediately. So there was absolutely no sign of power when I tried, no lights at all no chirps nothing. Jump didn't work. I think bumpy truck ride fixed whatever short there was temporarily. Dealer said they could not reproduce problem but didn't comment anymore. Car returned to me and working fine on trip interstate so far
Puzzled

Old 07-31-2016, 09:03 AM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Just curious. The first time this happened how did you unlock the car ? The hidden key inside the fob? Sounds almost like the car did not recognize the fob once you inserted it into the ignition switch. You would think the dealer would have a procedure to reprogram the key fob to the car. That would worry the cr*p out of me if the issue just went away with no idea of what caused it.... Good luck with that.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:13 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
almost like the cars system was not awakened by the key????

Old 07-31-2016, 01:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I had that happen to my Panny turbo a couple times...then "fixed itself" and never recurred.
I would also get an occasional headlight fault when I started the car- that went away too.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
I had that happen to my Panny turbo a couple times...then "fixed itself" and never recurred.
I would also get an occasional headlight fault when I started the car- that went away too.
I also had the headlight fault warning once and not again.
I just remembered I had a Mercedes SUV many years ago that had this issue and could not find the cause. Didn t keep it long after that and traded it in. (Couldn t trust it). Once had a 200 mile tow and when I got it home it started, LOL. It seemed to happen more in rain and snow conditions.

Last edited by cerbomark; 07-31-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:07 PM
also had a 98 E430 MB sedan and had the cam shaft position sensor go bad causing similar various NO START issues. I m sure it could be 100 other things so let us know what they find. Good luck.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:31 PM
The door, I believe, was not locked in a secured parking lot (i know, I know) and i just opened the door. That was when I noticed no lights, no nothing. When I first got the car, one of the fobs had an almost dead battery and the car would tell me it didnt recognize the fob. Since then of course the batteries are new. in the Panny, you don't have to insert the fob into any receptacle. It just has to be in your pocket and you then turn a key like **** to start the car. No problems on an interstate trip this weekend....
Hurts my confidence in the vehicle.
Also, noticed that the radar detector installed above the mirror in a leather cover is dead since they returned the car and for the life of me I cannot see how to turn it on. Controls on dash near shift level dont have power switch. Hmmm... Gonna have to call the original dealer and see what model and make the detector is. Missed using it on the trip.