Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S e-hybrid battery question..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 PM
marcelekusa is on a distinguished road
S e-hybrid battery question..

Hi I have 2014 S e-hybrid and I bought the car on auction so I'm not a first owner. Car didn't come with charger so I bought temporary charger from Nissan leaf.
I'm charging the car on 110v cable and in the morning car shows full battery but only shows 12 Miles battery distance.Never more than 12miles.

I drove today in city and managed to get 13.4 miles just on battery,but I drove carefully with lot of coasting.
I'm getting original porsche universal charger in a week so I'll see if I get better charge.
My question to the fellow e-hybrid owners: do you think there is something wrong with my battery?
I'm considering taking care to the dealer to investigate.
I'm attaching pic I took.
Thank you!

Old 08-16-2016, 12:12 PM
pishter is an unknown quantity at this point
I also bought my 2015 "used" that was sitting in the dealer for 8 months with 133 miles. With a full charge (meter says 100%), I only get 12 estimated range. I thought there was something wrong with it so I took it to a dealer. They ran some tests and said everything was fine.

I'm interested in also hearing from other owners to see what they are getting.

A few other notes:

- I was told that the range is predictive based upon driving habits?
- I ran into one other owner on the street and asked him what he got and he said 12 miles (estimated range displayed) also.
- You'll notice that the car will turn off e-power at 25% and go into regular hybrid mode. Maybe they get the 20 miles of estimated range from just math calculations because we can never drive on pure e down to 0%

Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 PM
Johnrs is on a distinguished road
I have a '15 and in my experience ... that's not unusual.
After a full charge on my 220/2hrs, my typical miles showing is 12-17.
Again in my experience, it can depend greatly on outside temperature.
Mine is kept in a carport though.
To answer your question, I would say that's normal.

In addition, I have learned some driving practices that seem to work well for mileage. Driving up hill - keep it in combustion, freeways the same.
my record thus far is 425 miles on half a tank!

Enjoy!

Old 03-02-2017, 08:52 AM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Jumping in late

I see you said you had got 400+ miles on HALF a tank?

i have the 14 E-Hybrid and am starting to track mine now. I took it home from dealership (25 miles, mostly highway) and back and forth to work the following day (another 16 or so) and was NOT coasting... needle never moved from full tank much.

Your saying it is possible to achieve 800+ miles on a single tank? Damn = perhaps better investment than i thought.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:11 PM
badgums is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had my 2014 PsEH for only a couple of weeks. Cold winter this year in Vancouver and temps in 2-8' C range (mid to high 30s F). On full charge my e-range is 17-19km which is similar to your reading, marcelekusa.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
I got my 2014 PsEH from an auction 3 weeks ago with 17k miles. I live in Atlanta for weather reference. Average is about 12 to 14 miles on a full charge. My commute to work is 17 miles one way, so I did run about 3 miles on gas each way. So far, MPG overall average is 40+. If you ask me, it's the best investment yet.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Emerging Sponsor
I got a full charge today and would like to share a few screen shots, with 15 miles electric. This is the highest I have ever got:

Old 03-27-2017, 06:02 AM
Mpg

[QUOTE=atwong1;4620906]I got a full charge today and would like to share a few screen shots, with 15 miles electric. This is the highest I have ever got:

AtWong1 - Is that the App from Porsche that you need to subscribe too? I am curious anyones reaction to the "Porsche Connect" cost.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Emerging Sponsor
This is not from Porsche Connect, because it is not available on Panamera's until 2017 model. This is from the Porsche Car Connect. PCC Remote Services is available for free for 5 years for all Panamera S e-Hybrids. PCC Remote Services is available for all other Panameras at a cost of $119 per year or $215 for two years. The price for the bundles (including Safety and Security) is much more cost effective. See https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/assetList.do

If you have a PSeH, please go the the site above to print out the subscription form and bring it to a dealer to activate your 5 years free service immediately. The 5 years starts counting on the date of activiation.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by robkat
AtWong1 - Is that the App from Porsche that you need to subscribe too? I am curious anyones reaction to the "Porsche Connect" cost.
This is not from Porsche Connect, because it is not available on Panamera's until 2017 model. This is from the Porsche Car Connect. PCC Remote Services is available for free for 5 years for all Panamera S e-Hybrids. PCC Remote Services is available for all other Panameras at a cost of $119 per year or $215 for two years. The price for the bundles (including Safety and Security) is much more cost effective. See https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/assetList.do

If you have a PSeH, please go the the site above to print out the subscription form and bring it to a dealer to activate your 5 years free service immediately. The 5 years starts counting on the date of activiation.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the information. It's stunning that the dealerships provide literally none of this information, and the forums are super-helpful.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Awesome! Thanks for the information. It's stunning that the dealerships provide literally none of this information, and the forums are super-helpful.
No problem. I actually went to a dealership and asked before, and they did not know. So I told them that I would go home figure it out and go back to show them. I did do what I promised and a lot more. I showed them how to use Aha to the fullest, including get POIs from Google directly on a 2014 with a PCM 3.1. In return, I am a friend of the sales team now, and I am given 15% discount for all parts and services I get. This beats the PCA by another 5%. Of course, I will never need any services, but all authentic Porsche parts for 15%, I will prefer that than any off brand. Not too bad considered that I did not buy the car from them.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Emerging Sponsor
It gets crazier.I am seeing 17 miles tonight.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:30 AM
Wow, thats great! Side Note question about Aha: I am seeing it works in my car, but I dont think I am doing everything right. I have the App on my iPhone, but is there any information online about using it to it's potential? I'd hate another Sirius subscription for just radio, I am fine with streaming. PM me if needed so I dont clog up this feed!

Old 03-28-2017, 06:30 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Wow, thats great! Side Note question about Aha: I am seeing it works in my car, but I dont think I am doing everything right. I have the App on my iPhone, but is there any information online about using it to it's potential? I'd hate another Sirius subscription for just radio, I am fine with streaming. PM me if needed so I dont clog up this feed!
I think it's great to share with everyone.
So, Aha is an app on either iPhone or Android. It needs it's own account. You can tie it to your Facebook account, Slacker Radio, Twitter, Deezer, and 8tracks.

To start using Aha, you need the lightning cable if you use iPhone. If you use Android, you only need Bluetooth. Once connected to your PCM, press the Source button and play around.

You do need to set up your Favorites. These are your Internet streaming radio sources. Once stored on your phone, you will be able to choose from those stations if you choose Aha as your Source. In addition, you can use Nearby Places to find restaurants, Gas stations, and hotels, etc. You can even listen to weather forecast. I like the restaurants, because you can let the PCM to navigate you there once you choose the one you like.

One hidden function I have found is that after Aha is connected, (whether it is chosen as your radio source or not,) your PCM's Navigation POI now have two choices. First choice is like before, choose from the car's POI from the last update; and second is from the Internet. This Internet choice is actually using Google. You can type part of the name of the place you want to go to, and it will get the list of possible places via Aha. You can select the place and start navigation. Of course this will not work if your PCM has very old map due to address limitation, but I found my 2014 map not too bad. I think I will update the map next year. That's all for now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S e-hybrid battery question..