996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I’ve had a couple of days to test out my car with the IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option for a couple of days now.

Day 1

The first day I had the flash loader set to the “stock” setting. I understood this to be the setting for 91 octane. The car drove flawlessly. Boost seemed to come on much more linear than the 640 kit. The car (programming?) runs so smooth. I would get a little stutter with the 640 at times below 2000 rmp coming up from a stop. The new setup is perfect.

Day 2

I emailed Stephen in the morning before going to work to confirm that “stock” button on the flash loader was the 91 octane program. When I got home from work, he had replied that “pump” was the 700 program for 91 octane and stock was simply that (plus a bit). I had to immediately go for a drive and test it out.

The car seemed to have considerably more throttle response – like a race horse chomping at the bit to get out of the gate. And believe me, it was enjoyable when you let her out. Boost climbed considerably faster on the “pump - 91” setting. I took her on a good rip out to the airport and back on the highway. This thing goes damn fast. I would see 1.3 bar and hold 1.1 - 1.2 bar. I was expecting to be holding 1.3 bar, but maybe this is reserved for the 100 octane setting. None the less, acceleration seemed almost instantaneous and definitely effortless. Low end torque was huge. The car pulls like a bastard in all gears to redline.

Conclusion

I feel secure in knowing the new and improved fuel system (injectors, filter, pump, and lines) is up to the task of feeding all that air being pumped by these awesome turbos and transported by the new big throttle body and new aluminum intake tubes. For good measure, I also had GT2 intercoolers installed. I feel this is an extremely well engineered kit. It drives smooth as silk and produces power in a very linear fashion. I think it’s safe to say that I am done with mods… except for getting the rods done. Ceramic coating the headers, aluminum intake tubes and the turbo turbines would be nice too. Maybe getting some bigger brakes would be a good idea also.

Thanks to Stephen @ Imagine Auto & Todd @ EVO. These guys are great to work with. The fact that I have done all these mods to my precious car is a testament to the confidence I have in these guys. They are extremely knowledgeable, very responsive and dedicated to their work

Old 08-09-2005, 09:40 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Good stuff Mike, glad to see you finally have her on the road and giving her some stick!!!!!!

So in a nut shell are you saying don't bother with the GT640 kit and go straight to the GT700...I trust your judgement here mate!

Are you going to the Whistler meet at the end of August?

Cheers,

Ben

Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by BigBadBen
Good stuff Mike, glad to see you finally have her on the road and giving her some stick!!!!!!

So in a nut shell are you saying don't bother with the GT640 kit and go straight to the GT700...I trust your judgement here mate!

Are you going to the Whistler meet at the end of August?

Cheers,

Ben
I would definately say go straight for the GT700. [edit: something about that sentence doesn't sound quite right]It seems very balanced. I always felt the 640 turbos were overworking the stock fuel delivery ability. I'm not sure why I thought this cause I know **** . I'm very satisfied with how the engine is set up now.

What are the dates for the Whistler trip Ben? That would be a Blast. I haven't driven to the west coat in a couple of years. Are you going?

Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Sounds like a wicked ride, just makes me salivate all the more to get my car back!

Have fun and be safe!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:42 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Mike,

Thanks for the update. ...you have sold me on this kit now. The meet is the Western Canada and Pacific Northwest Porsche club held in Whistler from Aug 26 to Aug 28th. My wife Cathy and I are going... We are taking the back road to Whistler through (Spences Bridge) to Duffy Lake road rather than going through Vancouver. That road is way more fun to drive than going through rush hour hell.

Here is the link. If you can make it that would be great, I am sure your car would be totally unique...not only that we can down a few cold ones!

http://www.whistlerweekend.org/

Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is on a distinguished road
Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Originally posted by Zippy

Well I’ve had a couple of days to test out my car with the IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option for a couple of days now.

Day 1

The first day I had the flash loader set to the “stock” setting. I understood this to be the setting for 91 octane. The car drove flawlessly. Boost seemed to come on much more linear than the 640 kit. The car (programming?) runs so smooth. I would get a little stutter with the 640 at times below 2000 rmp coming up from a stop. The new setup is perfect.

Day 2

I emailed Stephen in the morning before going to work to confirm that “stock” button on the flash loader was the 91 octane program. When I got home from work, he had replied that “pump” was the 700 program for 91 octane and stock was simply that (plus a bit). I had to immediately go for a drive and test it out.

The car seemed to have considerably more throttle response – like a race horse chomping at the bit to get out of the gate. And believe me, it was enjoyable when you let her out. Boost climbed considerably faster on the “pump - 91” setting. I took her on a good rip out to the airport and back on the highway. This thing goes damn fast. I would see 1.3 bar and hold 1.1 - 1.2 bar. I was expecting to be holding 1.3 bar, but maybe this is reserved for the 100 octane setting. None the less, acceleration seemed almost instantaneous and definitely effortless. Low end torque was huge. The car pulls like a bastard in all gears to redline.

Conclusion

I feel secure in knowing the new and improved fuel system (injectors, filter, pump, and lines) is up to the task of feeding all that air being pumped by these awesome turbos and transported by the new big throttle body and new aluminum intake tubes. For good measure, I also had GT2 intercoolers installed. I feel this is an extremely well engineered kit. It drives smooth as silk and produces power in a very linear fashion. I think it’s safe to say that I am done with mods… except for getting the rods done. Ceramic coating the headers, aluminum intake tubes and the turbo turbines would be nice too. Maybe getting some bigger brakes would be a good idea also.

Thanks to Stephen @ Imagine Auto & Todd @ EVO. These guys are great to work with. The fact that I have done all these mods to my precious car is a testament to the confidence I have in these guys. They are extremely knowledgeable, very responsive and dedicated to their work

People are probably getting tired of me saying it, but the GT700 kit is one of my favorite packages. The car is completely transformed. Congrats on the kit and enjoy safely!

Nate

Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

...I would see 1.3 bar and hold 1.1 - 1.2 bar. I was expecting to be holding 1.3 bar, but maybe this is reserved for the 100 octane setting....
I punched the gas in second this afternoon. The tires lit up, and when they grabbed, my head flew back and smacked off the head rest. Maybe 1.2 bar is enough!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
That is awesome! I think I will soon know that feeling, check this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=31504

Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by buddyg
That is awesome! I think I will soon know that feeling, check this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=31504
I can't Imagine another 100+ HP!. I hope you're getting PES to put a 'chute on that thing for you!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
cgmeredithjr will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

I punched the gas in second this afternoon. The tires lit up, and when they grabbed, my head flew back and smacked off the head rest. Maybe 1.2 bar is enough!
Man, this **** is getting me excited. I wonder how the tires will light up with only 2WD. Stephen, hurry up, I've got the shakes really bad!

Cleve

Old 08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Re: Re: Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Originally posted by cgmeredithjr
Man, this **** is getting me excited. I wonder how the tires will light up with only 2WD. Stephen, hurry up, I've got the shakes really bad!

Cleve
Cleve - that's some serous 2 wheel power. You better have Stephen tub the rear fenders and get some big baloons in there for traction!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Cleve - that's some serous 2 wheel power. You better have Stephen tub the rear fenders and get some big baloons in there for traction!
Yeah, some Mickey Thompson ET Streets should work, not sure if they make them in 18" diameter. Just got some Pirelli Radial Slicks for the track...should help it hook up.

Cleve

Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I can't Imagine another 100+ HP!. I hope you're getting PES to put a 'chute on that thing for you!
I can't wait it has been a long road!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Re: Re: Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Originally posted by cgmeredithjr

Cleve
Cleve,

Those babies will be toast!

Buy stock in your favorite tire company!

Old 08-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option

Originally posted by buddyg
Cleve,

Those babies will be toast!

Buy stock in your favorite tire company!

I just hope I don't end up going "*** backwards" down the road when those babies break loose!

My top program will be the same one Stephen used at the shootout. 109 Octane and 1.7+ BAR.....uh oh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IA 700 kit with larger throttle body option