SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
I'll be at CC tomorrow, passenger of a red GT3, maybe we can join the drive afterwards....

Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
zealot is on a distinguished road
I've not been a member here for long but I've been an avid browser of the forums and been reading threads on 6spd for a long time now. Ben was always a great guy to talk to and was nice when we met, I will most definately be there tomorrow morning. I'll see you guys at Starbucks. Very sad news indeed.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:02 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Update

Tomorrow we will be handing out dark silver (seal grey) ribbons for those who are morning Ben's tragic passing. Seal grey is the appropriate color in this case.

Similarly, we will also be handing out commemorative stickers based on the design Albert (bumble996) developed. Please be sure to visit with me to make sure you get these items (we may very well run out). Not to worry, Albert and I will have more made soon if we run out of them.

We need big numbers here. I can't get over this.

Let's have a strong showing for our man, Ben.

Thomas

Last edited by TUUNER; 06-04-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:37 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Thomas, thanks for doing this. Two guys are coming up from down here in SD to video tape the morning for Charlotte and Parker. I asked Albert to shoot some pics for them too and he will. I'll be down here helping out how I can. Saw Charlotte and the baby today, held the baby and cried, and she had a big smile for me, like Ben. She looked at me with Ben's eyes. I never realized before how much of him is a part of her, and I realize now some of him lives on and it feels a little better. I have some thoughts to share, but can't put it together yet. I was Ben's friend for a short time...too short. But like I said in the PM, my friendship was no more precious than anyone's; Ben loved all of us car guys like brothers. We had some fun together this year. Fond memories. Live in the moment guys.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Verone24 will become famous soon enoughVerone24 will become famous soon enough
I'll be there.........RIP Ben

Old 06-05-2005, 01:36 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Thanks for the support. I just had breakfast with him last week at the SD meet. He took me for a ride in the GT. I got in the car and thanked him. He told me that he would do this all day if he could...just take his friends for a ride in the GT.

I think he was happier than I was at that moment.

I'll be at Starbucks early. I always look forward to our meets but this one is tough.

By the way, we will be taking a drive in honor of Ben between 9 AM and 10 AM tomorrow. I will distribute the route at the vigil.

Thomas

Old 06-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
I just got back.

Pete, Anthony, Dave, Thomas, and whoever else helped put the memorial together; what you guys did today was truly touching and heart warming. Ben was lucky to have such loving friends and we were all lucky to have Ben as our friend.

The aura of love and respect for Ben was greatly felt this morning.

-Pete, your so caring, thanks for taking the time to record the messages and gathering among other things.

Anthony, I know it didnt look like I enjoyed going in your car with you but beleive me, it made all the difference. it just wouldnt have been the same if I went with somebody that didnt know Ben like you. After talking with you I felt a little more at peace.

Dave, you were an integral part of todays experience, thank you so much.

Thomas, your voice was heard loud and clear and we apreciate your leader ship in todays gathering.

Your hearts are made of gold.

hope i didnt leave anyone out, im running off of ZERO sleep.

Thanks to everyone that showed.

Nice seeing you again Mark and Justin

Oh and special thanks to Matt for giving my friend a ride.