SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:23 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj

SoCal 6speeders:

I apologize for the multiple threads...today is a very confusing day.

I would like to propose a vigil for Ben Keaton on Saturday, June 4 @ 7 AM. As you know, Ben's wonderful life was unexpectedly cut short in an accident today. He went by the username: ben, lj.

Ben was perhaps the most respected member of this board. His knowledge of Porsche and cars in general really helped to bring legitimacy to 6speedonline. He was a great person both on and off the board. In the time I knew him, he was always positive and happy.

As some of you may know, Ben was scheduled to be at Crystal Cove this weekend with his wife and baby. I propose that we meet at Crystal Cove on Saturday to grieve and reflect on the great contributions this man made to our lives. We are better for having known him in both a virtual and real sense.

I have been in phone contact with friends that are very close to Ben and they are overwhelmed by the outpouring of condolences on this board. I am keeping them apprised of our intentions on Saturday at CC. After the vigil, the crew will take a controlled drive down PCH in honor of Ben. We will have some form of distinguishing tag (i.e. commemorative sticker, etc) to place on the cars.

If you plan on attending, please reply to this post. I know his wife would be so happy to see a great turnout in honor of a great man.

Ben died doing what he loved. He spent many hours on this board with us. He will be deeply missed.

Meeting Place @ 6:30 AM on Saturday at Irvine Starbucks (we will drive to CC together after to ensure we park in the same area). If you can't make it to the Starbucks, just meet us at CC:

Alton Square - Irvine
5365-B Alton Parkway
Irvine CA, 92604
United States

Thomas

Last edited by TUUNER; 06-04-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Thomas,
Can you find out how we can send flowers, etc.. to his wife and daughter?

As many of us are not in SoCal.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
DancingBenzos is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill Definately try and make it.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:30 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
I hope you do the vigil. Though I am 3000 miles away, having it on my birthday will be in an odd way, comforting. I hope someone will take photos so those of us not in CA can be there in spirit and see it.

Cole -- I will post any information when I learn of it.

TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Cole_21
Thomas,
Can you find out how we can send flowers, etc.. to his wife and daughter?

As many of us are not in SoCal.
I will try my best to make this happen. I will be speaking with close family friends tomorrow.

Thomas

Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, guys.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by GT3Scott
I hope you do the vigil. Though I am 3000 miles away, having it on my birthday will be in an odd way, comforting. I hope someone will take photos so those of us not in CA can be there in spirit and see it.

GT3Scott:

He spoke often of you. We will take many pictures and share our positive thoughts with you. In the short time I knew him, he was always fond of you.

Even though you guys are not there in person, we will feel your presence.

By the way, getting a B-Day card from Ben was just his style.

Thomas

Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Thomas, I have never been to Crystal Cove, but I will come down for this.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
ben was a great guy, i remembered that he came looking for me in s.d. if i still wanted taht ride.. he even askedn me if i knew joe/barebones.. and i said taht was me... i was embarrased at first but he had teh car running and ready togo...

ben gave me one of the best experiences i had ..

RIP BEn

you were "teh" MAN!

yes T im there on sat..

Old 06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by GT3Scott

scott,

me and albert (bumble996 ) will try our best to take pics and capture the vigil....

in hopes that our friends from other parts of the country and the world would be able to share the vigil with us...

Old 06-03-2005, 11:46 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. This still isn't sinking in...

Old 06-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If i can contribute to this in any way possible, please let me know.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
rakjoe can only hope to improve
I will be there.

I made this little modest avatar to remember Ben, feel free to use it.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:36 AM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Thomas,

Perhaps you can find out what charities were Ben supporting. That's one way for some here to express their support in his name.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by collin996tt
Thomas,

Perhaps you can find out what charities were Ben supporting. That's one way for some here to express their support in his name.
Collin:

I will be speaking with close friends tomorrow and I will bring this up. As soon as I find out any information on this I will let you know.

It's going to be tough sleeping tonight.

Thomas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj