Just back from the memorial...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Just back from the memorial...

...it was done really nicely, with several people telling great stories of a great guy. I was planning to speak some but had to take our son out for a bit and missed my turn, but it's OK because the stories told really were telling of just how good of a man Ben is and how much of an impact he had.

I met a few of the guys on the board and we're going to get together on Saturday again. Tonight we're heading to Ben and Char's house, Char was really stoic throughout, though you know on the inside she was still struggling with this whole thing. Parker is certainly a source of her strength.

It was fitting that they had ribbins to put on the were seal gray in color -- Ben's preferred car color...

Last edited by GT3Scott; 06-09-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear Scott- I have the UM Football foundation set up for him - we need to talk further when you get home ...all the best

Old 06-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks Darren. Email me some more of the details if you dont mind, I can tell Char about it tonight -- she'll be touched.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:26 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
May Ben rest in peace and his survivors find peace and love in their hearts.

Any pics to share? A lot of us on the board are trying to cope with this tragic loss. Personally, it is impacting me emotionally more than any recent tragic event, more so than 9/11.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:21 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Very nice ceremony and I was happy that I could attend. We did not take any pictures out of respect.

Scott, let's talk tomorrow about what we are going to do on Saturday.

T

Old 06-09-2005, 08:30 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it was actually a relief to be there, that was maybe the main reason to go. instead of sadness there was joy i felt knowing ben is in a better place now & get to see him one last time in person. of course heard many other great stories about Ben as usual.

good bye my friend

Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
rss997 is on a distinguished road
I am glad I made it as well...Closure is a good thing and Char and Parker will be fine, she is a strong woman.

Let me know what you guys are doing on Sat...

Tunner, nice to meet you today and it was awesome of you all to come down from L.A.

Robert

Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 PM
No pics sorry. We just spent the evening with Char and Parker, her mother and some of Ben's family. It's hard on all of them but time will heal them all, though there is certainly a void there and always will be. Char really appreciates the outpouring of support from this board and looks forward to having so much to show Parker as she grows up.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:40 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Hey everyone that attended... Thank you so much for sharing with us that could not make the ceremony... Just like Ben, we lived through your thoughts and words..

God Bless you all and 6speed Safe..

Regards, Kenny

Old 06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
DancingBenzos is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anyone else just feel like it was a movie? As if you werent really there but watching from a different angle?

You guys should of seen the speaker, i think most of us thought he was bens brother he looked so much like him.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
After having such an emotional last few days, I couldn't help but smile during the stories that were being told. Ben would've wanted everyone smiling and chuckling. He was a real character, a very funny guy. I needed that humor that he brought today through his friends' stories of him. I had a bunch with me, but was afraid to get up and talk. Besides, my stories are so long and drawn out, everyone would've had to leave for a nap break.

It was nice to see that everyone enjoyed Ben in their lives everywhere he went.

When I got home, my 4yr old son asked me if we could send a superhero up to heaven to ****** up Ben and bring him back down to us...

Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
It was done very well, and the stories very wonderful to listen to. It was also very nice meeting and talking to everyone but I didn't want it to be under these circumstances.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
A very touching service, for a wonderful human being. The more I learn about Ben through his family and friends, the more humble I become as he was truly an amazing person - I'm truly blessed to have had an opportunity to meet him, talk with him and go for a spin in his CGT.

You're off to a better place Ben.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Steve L. is on a distinguished road
I am very glad I went as well. It hopefully will put some closure on this for me. I thought all of the stories told were really amazing. My wife who came with me was crying and she never even met Ben. She said that she missed out on meeting a great guy...

Steve

Old 06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Avatar Scott

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just back from the memorial...