6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Music won't play through iPod or iPhone 5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 06:10 AM
opmope is an unknown quantity at this point
Music won't play through iPod or iPhone 5?

Hello all. New to the Porsche world. I have searched and searched all forums and read bits an piece but nothing really to my problem. I have tried different things and nothing seems to work.
I have a 2012 Cayman S with Nav and PCM 3. In my arm rest is the Aux, USB, and iPod port. I have the OEM Porsche interface Y cable that plugs into the 8 pin iPod and USB ports. I plug the cord into both the USB and iPod and then the 30 pin connector into my iPod. The iPod itself says connected and charging. I have the music playing on iPod but when I go into source it only shows Am Fm Sat and disc. No Aux or iPod and no music playing through car stereo.
I go to Disc with disc in or no disc and still no Aux or iPod. I have even gone to disc, options to see if there is and enable disable Aux, iPod.
No music playing. I read somewhere to go into PCM's sub setting to enable or disable iPod??? Don't know how to do this.
When I hook up my iPhone 5 with the same cord and adapt the 30 pin to the Apple OEM lightening adaptor for the iPhone 5, same results. Connected but no music playing through stereo.
Phone works as it should with Bluetooth to send and receive calls but no music. I know it won't play music through BT. That I understand but why can't I get either phone or iPod to play music with the OEM Porsche Y cable. This cable has never been used so I can't see it being faulty.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:18 AM
opmope is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATE:
Took the Cayman into Porsche and all that needed to be done was set up on comp to ENABLE centre console interface. What a difference in the Bose system listening to music through iPod / iPhone rather the SAT or radio.