6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Battery reset now windows won't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Matt Narciso is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery reset now windows won't work

I live overseas in Asia and bought a 2001 porsche Boxter s as a Sunday cruiser. Porsche mechanics are available here, but there's a few week wait so I thought I'd try my luck here, as I usually cruise through this forum when I have questions.

I've never had a problem with this car, and yesterday took it to get it detailed. Battery was fully charged and everything was working well.

I parked it at the car detailer and went next door to get lunch. I came back 30 minutes later and the car washers and detailer was asking me to pop the frunk. I slid into the car and hit the release button and nothing happened. I soon realized, although the radio worked and the accessory lights on the dashboard lit up, the ignition wouldn't turn and the windows wouldn't roll down, in addition to the trunk and boot buttons not being responsive.

I frantically watched every youtube video I could and finally got the trunk to pop, a nearby mechanic who knows nothing about porsche unhooked the battery, messed with it and reconnected it. This did not help. He then started charging the battery and suddenly the windows could roll down, and the car started.

The radio wouldn't work now and was asking for a code. I entered the code three times, apparently it was wrong and now the radio won't work.

Now, the top works and the car turns on just fine, but the windows will not roll up or down and the radio won't work.

I checked every fuse before he disconnected and reconnected the battery, and they were all fine.

Any idea on what type of trouble I've gotten myself into and how to resolve?