Why are the list of standard features so different

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Why are the list of standard features so different

When I pulled up the list of standard features in the configurator for the Turbo and Turbo S so different - and I don't mean the list of goodies that you get in the S?

Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The Turbo "S" offers all of the higher priced performance options in one package as standard . Often times Porsche owners wrestle with choosing them individually because they are expensive enough to get someone to think . The perk is it also comes with exta Hp so if one adds up all the options PLUS the extra 40Hp it really is a nice combination price for what one gets .

In short .. in terms of a street specific 911 -- One might just call it King Turbo .

Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. I get that. But that was not what I meant. In the configurator, when I pulled up the list of standard equipment, there was differences in the details that don't make sense. I don't have access just now, but i think direct injection is listed for one, but not the other engine. That can't be. From memory, the description of the standard features of the Turbo S was shorter than that for the Turbo. As to standard equipment, that can't be either.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
On the Turbo S you get all the standard equipment of the Turbo plus the listed standard equipment items, some of which are optional on the Turbo. Shorthand.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks, I get that as well. I just must not be asking the quesion correctly. Direct injection is mentioned in the list of standard features of the Turbo, BUT NOT the Turbo S. And that is not the only such instance. It seems like the list of standard features on the Turbo is more complete on the configurator than the list for the Turbo S as I can't imagine it's engine does not have direct injection.

What is up with that?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by AG991
Thanks, I get that as well. I just must not be asking the quesion correctly. Direct injection is mentioned in the list of standard features of the Turbo, BUT NOT the Turbo S. And that is not the only such instance. It seems like the list of standard features on the Turbo is more complete on the configurator than the list for the Turbo S as I can't imagine it's engine does not have direct injection.

What is up with that?
I think he just explained that in the previous post. They didn't rehash the list of standard options of the Turbo, but you just assume that everything you get in the Turbo you get in the Turbo S + the extras.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by No.92
I think he just explained that in the previous post. They didn't rehash the list of standard options of the Turbo, but you just assume that everything you get in the Turbo you get in the Turbo S + the extras.
got it. thanks all - a bit slow on the uptake this time - must need a turbo!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
I just want to be able to delete the sunroof