Ordered my Turbo S!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
aboodchy will become famous soon enoughaboodchy will become famous soon enough
Ordered my Turbo S!

I just paid a deposit on a 2014 Turbo S and I just wanted to share the options/color scheme that I chose. I went with the new Rhodium Silver although it is a very new color and the dealer has yet to see a car. I have a feeling it will be slightly brighter than GT Silver and might have a slight blueish tint.
For the interior I chose the red/black combination with an alcantara steering wheel and PDK selection.
The only options I chose are:
Rear wiper
Glass sunroof
Electric folding mirrors
Power steering
Seat ventilation
Light design package
Floor mats
I ended up not choosing the Burmeister sound system because I've read reports that they weren't satisfied and wasn't worth the price. Was also hesitant about adaptive cruise control because I don't use it that often.
It should be scheduled for an October production.
What do you guys think?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Congrats!!! Very NICE

Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM
991TT is on a distinguished road
congrats ......

i think alot of new turbos will be rhodium and red black interior

Old 05-25-2013, 12:46 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aboodchy
What do you guys think?
Don't like it at all Congrats.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:23 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
You need a rear wiper in Dubai? I hope that's a typo.

And since the Dubai configurator on the website is still not up, it's harder to give you any feedback on your selections.

I have heard more than once that turbos are not ideal in very hot climates?

Does any one have knowledge about this?

Old 05-25-2013, 03:00 PM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
Should not spec the foldable mirrors ..they are the turbo mirrors and totally different from what is shown on the car above which is a special sport design mirror but not foldable. Nearly made the same mistake myself on my car.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice

And since the Dubai configurator on the website is still not up, it's harder to give you any feedback on your selections.

The online configurator is now on.

Turbos have been running perfectly fine here. Ive had my previous 997TT run up to 323km/h on an open road in near 50c heat here with no issues (yes the oil temp hits just over the 100 mark on the run but once you slow down it quickly drops down to normal). My car had fabspeed exhaust, ECU tune and an intake system. Other 997tt, GT2 and 996tt have not complained from heat related issues. These cars are tested thoroughly in extreme temperatures to ensure they dont breakdown.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
The only issue I had was a cracked exhaust manifold which was easily rectified by a welder.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Congrats!!! Very NICE
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 991TT
congrats ......

Oh you have very good taste indeed Congrats on yours too!

Originally Posted by mdc
ah well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but thanks!

Originally Posted by aamersa

Well it does rain like a few days a year, but I've been rethinking this option myself. I don't think I've ever seen a 911 with a rear wiper?!
Regarding the turbos, they suit the temperature just fine. I've have a G55 the supercharger works just fine.

Originally Posted by TTS
Should not spec the foldable mirrors ..they are the turbo mirrors and totally different from what is shown on the car above which is a special sport design mirror but not foldable. Nearly made the same mistake myself on my car.
Really? Didn't know that! Do you have a picture of the difference between the two?

Last edited by aboodchy; 06-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
The only issue I had was a cracked exhaust manifold which was easily rectified by a welder.
Was that on a turbo or other car?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aboodchy
I was just kidding, it will be stunning!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Was that on a turbo or other car?
On a 997.1TT, was an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 PM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
If you check the configurator for the regular turbo you will see it.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
I was just kidding, it will be stunning!
Haha thanks!

On a 997.1TT, was an aftermarket exhaust manifold.
I've had a similar issue on my E63

Originally Posted by TTS
If you check the configurator for the regular turbo you will see it.
Ah I see it now. However, on the TTS it shows the electric folding mirrors having the same design as the sport design ones. So maybe the electric mirrors on the TTS are sport design?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Congrats!!! Very NICE
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 991TT
congrats ......

Oh you have very good taste indeed Congrats on yours too!

Originally Posted by mdc

Originally Posted by aamersa

Well it does rain like a few days a year, but I've been rethinking this option myself. I don't think I've ever seen a 911 with a rear wiper?!
Regarding the turbos, they suit the temperature just fine. I've had a G55 and a new E63 and both superchargers and turbos work just fine. I think the problem results with aftermarket turbo kits.

Originally Posted by TTS
Really? Didn't know that! Do you have a picture of the difference between the two?
Just spoke to the dealer and asked him to add the electric folding mirrors and he came back to me and said that Porsche have advised that the electric folding mirrors are only available on the turbo ones and if specced on a TTS it will entail the removal of the TTS sportdesign mirror (which looks like the GT3 mirror) and installation of the turbo one (which looks like the carrera's).

I personally dont care that much about the electric folding mirrors (didnt have it on my 997tt), so will forgo that and keep the TTS style mirror.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered my Turbo S!