GT Silver or White TTS ?

Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb GT Silver or White TTS ?

What do you think ?
I made the order but was told i can change whatever i want in the coming couple of weeks .

I saw the rhodium and didn't like it , too Blue-ish for my liking !

Wanted black but i am fed up from the attention it requires !

or should i go with basalt black ?

The i interior is Black/Red btw.

Last edited by ACRman; 08-20-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Darth GF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ACRman
What do you think ?
I made the order but was told i can change whatever i want in the coming couple of weeks .

I saw the rhodium and didn't like it , too Blue-ish for my liking !

Wanted black but i am fed up from the attention it requires !

or should i go with basalt black ?

The i interior is Black/Red btw.
I like white. Classy. Easy to keep clean. And with the black accents and air ducts it looks very good. Not many cars look good in white, but the GT3/TT really pull it off, in my honest opinion.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
My same dilemma, have decided (for now) to go w/ white instead of gt silver. I like the contrast w/ the red taillights and interior better.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
but isn't there much love for GT Silver ?

I find it a very nice silver with a grey tint !

Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 AM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
White looks amazing but GT Silver is different and looks really good. The way the light hits it can almost see different shades at times depending the angle your looking at. Very classic and always looks good.

I might be a bit bias.. LOL

Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
While the silver is very classy, I think white is the best choice. Also very forgiving between washes.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
White is RIGHT mate.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with white as well. I think light silver colors look dated. BMW and Mercedes made titanium silver metallic very popular in the 90s and just about every car manufacturer copied it to some extent over the last 15 years. so you see tons of these bright silver cars on the road and they look old to my eye. White is the new "silver" and looks very modern

Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I agree with the above, I love GT Silver, but I'm going w/ white for a more "modern" look, I think the LEDs look better against white, as well as the red tails and reflectors. I was worried the width would be lost against the white, but w/ the huge black flank side scoops I don't think it's an issue.

Lots of pics here: http://911-turbo.blogspot.com/

Old 08-23-2013, 01:07 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
I almost pulled the trigger on a white TT but there is a reason GT Silver is a 2K option at least for a 997 TT...

Silver was the #1 color for a while but according to CAR and driver the new Brown has over taken it.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
GT Silver no question!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I always loved white and most of my past and current cars are white. However, when I was shopping for my turbo, I couldn't find my perfect white one... But did run into a Gt silver. I really didn't know what the big deal was bc it looked like any other silver but it really does look great in person. I parked my gt silver next to an artic silver and gt silver just looks way more "rich" in color.

This is the best pic I have that captures the color. With all that said... I do still love white

Best on your decision... It's a tough one!

Edwin

Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM
MJA
Good point and your car looks really good!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:46 PM
bigcountry61 is on a distinguished road
Id did mine in white...

Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
White for sporty GT3, GT silver for a classy Turbo.

Can't go wrong with either, both would look good. Upkeep same with both colors.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Silver or White TTS ?