The One Thing I Don't Like About The New Turbo.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 01:21 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
The One Thing I Don't Like About The New Turbo.

Sucky engine view:

Old 11-28-2013, 01:30 PM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
LOL. Did you buy from Hennessy? I've bought numerous P cars from them.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Badknees is on a distinguished road
Do you have more pictures? Exterior and interior? Thanks

Old 11-28-2013, 01:44 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Badknees
Do you have more pictures? Exterior and interior? Thanks
Here is an exterior shot I just posted in another thread.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
LOL. Did you buy from Hennessy? I've bought numerous P cars from them.
Yup....got it from Hennesy.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:28 PM
singlespeed is on a distinguished road
Beautiful. I got the same color but with a steel sunroof but still waiting for delivery.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991TurboS

Beautiful car! Can't believe I missed your thread...where's it posted??

Old 11-29-2013, 04:01 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
Personally, when I saw the 991 Turbo front the first thought was "Volkswagen".
Somehow I just like the 997 front, side, and rear looks more.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:44 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
That is a stunning car! Beautiful.
A lot is being made of the ride height....are you noticing it or are concerned about it?

Old 11-29-2013, 09:13 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, Rhodium Silver?

Old 11-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by DJ
Congrats, Rhodium Silver?
GT Silver.

Originally Posted by Peskarik
Personally, when I saw the 991 Turbo front the first thought was "Volkswagen".
Somehow I just like the 997 front, side, and rear looks more.
No problem.......to each their own. I didn't see Volkswagen anywhere in the design, personally, except for the "upside down bathtub" profile all 911s share with the VW.

Originally Posted by Haku
That is a stunning car! Beautiful.
A lot is being made of the ride height....are you noticing it or are concerned about it?
Thank you. This car rides pretty low, IMO. Any lower and you'd be rubbing all over town if you used it for any daily driver type duties, which I do.

Originally Posted by singlespeed
Beautiful. I got the same color but with a steel sunroof but still waiting for delivery.
You'll love the GT Silver color. My favorite. The Rhodium Silver is nice, but just a bit too blue for me to own long term.

I don't have a thread. I just took that pic.

Last edited by 991TurboS; 11-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Beautiful ride! Menacing look for sure.
What do you think of the front DRLs?
When I first saw it, I wasn't sure if it really fit the Turbo.
I was thinking the Turbo would have 'blades' for DRL, like the Mecan

Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
On a more serious note, the lack of a manual trans is most likely a serious dislike for many once considering the '14 turbo.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnww
On a more serious note, the lack of a manual trans is most likely a serious dislike for many once considering the '14 turbo.
After all the press on the 14' I doubt that many people would walk because its a pdk. The pro's of the pdk far outweigh the cons of not having a stick. But love it or hate it, this car is wild.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:51 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by zedosix
After all the press on the 14' I doubt that many people would walk because its a pdk. The pro's of the pdk far outweigh the cons of not having a stick. But love it or hate it, this car is wild.
Agree car is wild. Lets look at these pros outweighing cons. Auto trans have been offered for decades. Auto-box pros/cons are the same for these pdks except in one aspect, pdks shift faster with no slippage. But, there is an equally bad con......if you use sport mode with PDK and hit rev-limiter, engine dies and all lost. With manual and rev-limiter is hit, shifting into next gear gives instant recovery. All else same between auto oil driven and auto dual clutch boxes??
Letting a computer do the driving sounds boring, but wives and kids love it because manual trans are just tough to drive. Race car drivers love pdk too.....cannot get mechanical overrevs and there is that $needed millisecond gain in shift time.
Got nothing against auto-boxes, but as R&T stated recently, why not at least offer the manual box as an expensive option for those wanting to stay connected with their porsche turbo, and are not so lazy, clueless and still want use of their left leg.
I guess another reason for Pdk is left foot braking....BMW tests show one can gains 1-2 milliseconds there too in stopping power. Maybe so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The One Thing I Don't Like About The New Turbo.