I hope the early 991TT adopters have gotten used to their cars, more power incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
I hope the early 991TT adopters have gotten used to their cars, more power incoming!

We've successfully flashed Champion Motorsport's 991 Turbo S DME with the world's first performance flash available for the 991 Turbo platform. Additionally, we've flashed the DME with our own custom flashing system so that Champion is able to reflash updates into their car on-site to expedite the testing process. We will be working directly with them to complete our 93 octane (98 RON) tuning.

For 91 octane (95 RON) users, we're taking delivery of a local Turbo S in order fine tune on our lower quality fuel to ensure safe and reliable drivability.

Stay tuned for updates and public release information as we turn the power up on an already impressive platform!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
For 91 octane (95 RON) users, we're taking delivery of a local Turbo S in order fine tune on our lower quality fuel to ensure safe and reliable drivability.

Stay tuned for updates and public release information as we turn the power up on an already impressive platform!
Local Turbo S ay? I wonder if its a certain Silver/Black Turbo S with a few TAG Goodies

Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Excited to see what kind of HP/Torque can be gained on the turbo s. Are you going to be releasing the hp/torque gains with just the remapping itself or along with other upgrades, i.e. exhaust/etc? Any time frame on when it maybe available? Thank you

Old 01-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Ok so will this tune bring a non S 991 to the same level as tuned 991S since its the same map?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ok so will this tune bring a non S 991 to the same level as tuned 991S since its the same map?
This will bring the 991 Turbo AND the Turbo S far beyond either of their stock power levels. It's not an OEM software upgrade...this is a complete GIAC performance program. As soon as we complete the Turbo S, we'll be flashing our Turbo as well.

Car's on the dyno now...stay tuned for more. So far results are looking pretty darn good!!

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 01-15-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Some before & after graphs/numbers on the same dyno/car would be very telling.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC

Awesome! Can you guys take the Turbo S "shop" car to our local track events?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
This will bring the 991 Turbo AND the Turbo S far beyond either of their stock power levels. It's not an OEM software upgrade...this is a complete GIAC performance program. As soon as we complete the Turbo S, we'll be flashing our Turbo as well.

Car's on the dyno now...stay tuned for more. So far results are looking pretty darn good!!

Oh i have no doubt Tom!!! I guess i wasnt super clear-- I was wondering if the GIAC tune will make the non S and the S then equal in hp and tq or will the S move further up since it starts higher? Im guessing since its a complete remap both cars would now be equal but I had to ask.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Really excited to see what GIAC's programing is going to be able to add the turbo s. I've always used GIAC flashes on all my past turbos and was thrilled with the results.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Vic55
Oh i have no doubt Tom!!! I guess i wasnt super clear-- I was wondering if the GIAC tune will make the non S and the S then equal in hp and tq or will the S move further up since it starts higher? Im guessing since its a complete remap both cars would now be equal but I had to ask.

If they both put down equal numbers after the flash, then what is the appeal of the S? Just the PCCB's??

Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kamran
Some before & after graphs/numbers on the same dyno/car would be very telling.
We'll definitely post them as soon as we're 100% ready with the software. Working on the dyno at the moment, then some road testing before we release the final numbers. Right now you can see the baseline dyno numbers of the car in completely stock form here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pment-car.html

Originally Posted by longboarder
Awesome! Can you guys take the Turbo S "shop" car to our local track events?
We'll definitely take it to the local track here in FL

Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by empunker
If they both put down equal numbers after the flash, then what is the appeal of the S? Just the PCCB's??

Great question... for those who will mod their cars the HP/TQ advantage will be nil. I guess the std items on the S will differentiate along with the price--- like LED's-PDCC-18 way seats etc....

Old 01-16-2014, 04:43 PM
I highly doubt GIAC would match the HP & torque of the turbo s and not do any flash for the turbo s. They would be losing out on a whole base of customers. IMO there will be a flash for the turbo s that will increase the HP/Torque. The gains may not be as much as the stock turbo( as there is more "room" to work with) but they'll be gains for the turbo s via flash. I could be wrong but I don't see them passing on a market that's likely to buy it. If they don't do it I'm sure another company will. That's just the way tuning works.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by BigRich
I highly doubt GIAC would match the HP & torque of the turbo s and not do any flash for the turbo s. They would be losing out on a whole base of customers. IMO there will be a flash for the turbo s that will increase the HP/Torque. The gains may not be as much as the stock turbo( as there is more "room" to work with) but they'll be gains for the turbo s via flash. I could be wrong but I don't see them passing on a market that's likely to buy it. If they don't do it I'm sure another company will. That's just the way tuning works.

Ill bet their flash is for both and raises both cars well above the factory numbers (diff maps getting to the same final numbers). But since the non s starts lower it will show the better gains on a dyno thats all. No different than tunes I had on my Benz M157 TT engines that had the performance packs--- the car had 550hp from the factory while the non perf pack had circa 518- but the tuners had one map that brought them both up to the same level. Both cars had gains but the non PP car of course climbed up higher because it started lower.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I too would think a new flash for the S would work on the Turbo and produce the same results. The Turbo S tune already has the 40 HP headstart so why not work with that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hope the early 991TT adopters have gotten used to their cars, more power incoming!