I hope the early 991TT adopters have gotten used to their cars, more power incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ill bet their flash is for both and raises both cars well above the factory numbers (diff maps getting to the same final numbers). But since the non s starts lower it will show the better gains on a dyno thats all. No different than tunes I had on my Benz M157 TT engines that had the performance packs--- the car had 550hp from the factory while the non perf pack had circa 518- but the tuners had one map that brought them both up to the same level. Both cars had gains but the non PP car of course climbed up higher because it started lower.
We will 100% be offering flash options for Turbo and Turbo S models.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:20 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Any chance for some kind of bluetooth capable smartphone app to switch programs?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:07 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BigRich
I highly doubt GIAC would match the HP & torque of the turbo s and not do any flash for the turbo s. They would be losing out on a whole base of customers. IMO there will be a flash for the turbo s that will increase the HP/Torque. The gains may not be as much as the stock turbo( as there is more "room" to work with) but they'll be gains for the turbo s via flash. I could be wrong but I don't see them passing on a market that's likely to buy it. If they don't do it I'm sure another company will. That's just the way tuning works.
I agree that there will be flash options for both models.

But if the flashes for the 'base' and the S both produce the same overall numbers and make the cars equal in HP/TQ, then why even bother with buying the S over the 'base' if you can flash both cars and get the same results? In my opinion the premium in MSRP for the S wouldn't be justified if you can simply flash a 'base' Turbo and get the same HP/TQ numbers anyways.

Just like Vic55 was saying, with the AMG's you can buy the non-performance pack cars and flash to the same HP/TQ output as a flashed performance pack car...

Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Turbo Kyle will become famous soon enough
Cool stuff, I'm excited to see what they put out with a tune!

Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by empunker
In my opinion the premium in MSRP for the S wouldn't be justified if you can simply flash a 'base' Turbo and get the same HP/TQ numbers anyways.
Porsche is trying to justify the premium by encrypting the ECU to prevent tuner access. GIAC might be the first to offer a flash for the car.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I would guess that less than 5% of primary market turbos are going to be flashed, no reason for Porsche to be concerned about cannibalizing sales. That percentage will likely be much higher in the secondary market, though.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:46 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
there is other differences between the TT and TTS than engine calibration, the TTS has different pistons and conrods !

http://fortyonesix.com/news/1320/por...ers-turbo-s-fo

Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 PM
maxboost will become famous soon enoughmaxboost will become famous soon enough
Update please..

Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxboost
Update please..
Hang in there just a little bit longer. We're on the home stretch.

I can tell you..the results we're seeing so far are awesome!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Hang in there just a little bit longer. We're on the home stretch. I can tell you..the results we're seeing so far are awesome!
Barely hanging in there lol Any updates on tubi/headers/chip(ecu)? Any early hp/torque numbers? Really looking forward to seeing what Champion has done on the turbo s!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:57 PM
TFSweet will become famous soon enoughTFSweet will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to see the results!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !

Vorsteiner was kind enough to loan us their shiny new 991 Turbo S for some development work, in exchange for a nice bump in power on it.

With their vehicle in-house we've been able to create a version of our proprietary GIAC Rapid-Scan, high speed data logger for use with the 991 Turbo platform. This logging tool gives us incredibly high sample rates and the ability to concurrently log a myriad of data channels to ensure that our calibration is as precise as can be. Here are some of the items we look at during the calibration process with Rapid Scan:
  • RPM
  • Intake Air Temperature
  • Engine Temp
  • Oil Temp
  • Ambient Air Temperature
  • DME Voltage Supply
  • Veh. Speed
  • High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • Fuel Injector Duty Cycle
  • Low Press Fuel Pump
  • Engine Load
  • Boost Pressure Request
  • Boost Pressure Actual
  • Pedal Value
  • Exhaust Gas Temp Turbocharger
  • Boost Pressure Vein Control
  • Timing Angle
  • Timing Retardation by Cylinder
  • Cam Angle

Our 997.2 Turbo version had a higher sample rate than any other scan tool on the market, which has allowed us to push that platform to fantastic power levels. We have no doubt that, with the tools we're creating on this platform, the power gains will be equally impressive.

I will post some OEM baseline numbers from our Mustang MD-500 AWD dyno very soon!

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 01-28-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
Vorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud of
Thank you guys for the post.

So far power gains are very impressive and car feels very smooth with even more explosive accelerations.

Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC

Vorsteiner was kind enough to loan us their shiny new 991 Turbo S for some development work, in exchange for a nice bump in power on it.

With their vehicle in-house we've been able to create a version of our proprietary GIAC Rapid-Scan, high speed data logger for use with the 991 Turbo platform. This logging tool gives us incredibly high sample rates and the ability to concurrently log a myriad of data channels to ensure that our calibration is as precise as can be. Here are some of the items we look at during the calibration process with Rapid Scan:
  • RPM
  • Intake Air Temperature
  • Engine Temp
  • Oil Temp
  • Ambient Air Temperature
  • DME Voltage Supply
  • Veh. Speed
  • High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • Fuel Injector Duty Cycle
  • Low Press Fuel Pump
  • Engine Load
  • Boost Pressure Request
  • Boost Pressure Actual
  • Pedal Value
  • Exhaust Gas Temp Turbocharger
  • Boost Pressure Vein Control
  • Timing Angle
  • Timing Retardation by Cylinder
  • Cam Angle

Our 997.2 Turbo version had a higher sample rate than any other scan tool on the market, which has allowed us to push that platform to fantastic power levels. We have no doubt that, with the tools we're creating on this platform, the power gains will be equally impressive.

I will post some OEM baseline numbers from our Mustang MD-500 AWD dyno very soon!