Cannot Decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 06:07 PM
jatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the rough
Cannot Decide

I am thinking of ordering a 991tts but i cannot decide on the exterior paint color. i am torn between: 1) Guards Red, looks amazing but i am not sure if it is too loud, 2) Rhodium Silver, or 3) Black. my 2012 tts is black and it looks great but it is a royal pain to keep clean. any thoughts???

Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Think you will be disappointed with Rhodium Silver. I would pay the extra and get GT Silver. As far as Red I agree it way too loud for a TTS. Black is great but will show dust dust 2 minutes after you wash it.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Think you will be disappointed with Rhodium Silver. I would pay the extra and get GT Silver. As far as Red I agree it way too loud for a TTS. Black is great but will show dust dust 2 minutes after you wash it.
I would diasgree. Whilst GT Silver is a great and timeless color, I decided to go with Rhodium silver and am loving it. Different shade of silver, has a very slight blueish tinge to it. To each their own.

Agree with your points re red and black (I had a Mclaren in black before the TT and it was a paaain to keep clean and I every time I come to clean it, I would discover another small surface scratch here and there).

I would also consider the blue on the TTS, a friend of mine has it and it looks awesome. Have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:54 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jatus24
I am thinking of ordering a 991tts but i cannot decide on the exterior paint color. i am torn between: 1) Guards Red, looks amazing but i am not sure if it is too loud, 2) Rhodium Silver, or 3) Black. my 2012 tts is black and it looks great but it is a royal pain to keep clean. any thoughts???
Looks like you already have your plus/minus on each color, and I'm assuming you have seen all in person and have seen the Rhodium next to a GT Silver. If that's the case, there isn't much anyone is going to tell you that you don't already know. Guards is awesome, but definitely attracts more attention, maybe more suited for a GT3, but still looks great on a turbo. Rhodium is nice, a "cool" color w/ blueish tint to it, definitely make sure you see it next to a GT silver before you choose though.

Go with your gut, otherwise you will regret it at some point.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
I have a guards red c2s, sports cars were meant to be red. And the 991 body shape loves it too.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Havok
I have a guards red c2s, sports cars were meant to be red. And the 991 body shape loves it too.
This

Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Go with Red! Porsche's are meant to attract attention.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:18 AM
singlespeed is on a distinguished road
Red is a bit loud, but has that beautiful mirror reflection you don't get with lighter colors.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Badknees is on a distinguished road
I'm toying with Rhodium because I think it goes better with the silver classic wheels than GT silver. I want the classic wheels because I don't want to have to deal with centerlocks.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
They go pretty good with Gt silver as well

Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks for posting that - any more pictures?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
singlespeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Badknees
I'm toying with Rhodium because I think it goes better with the silver classic wheels than GT silver. I want the classic wheels because I don't want to have to deal with centerlocks.
GT silver with black classic wheels looks pretty awesome.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by singlespeed
GT silver with black classic wheels looks pretty awesome.
Wish I could see pictures of that combination - configurator is not good with colours.

I wonder if jatus is getting closer to a decision?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 PM
jatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the roughjatus24 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys for all of the advice. So i ordered the car today and decided to go with the build as follows:

Basalt Black
Two tone black& carrera red interior with red deviated stitching
Seat heating
Smoking package
Sunroof in glass
Power steering plus
Burmester
Porsche crest on headrests
Headlight cleaning system painted exterior color
Extended interior package sport seats plus backrests in black leather with deviated red stitching

Car will go into production in mid march and be delivered in may.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a nice one - May is just around the corner, but will feel like an eternity. Can't wait for pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cannot Decide