New TT order placed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
elliot748 is on a distinguished road
Zedo

I hear you!

I am a hard working professional, as you are!

I certainly realize some people here can delve into the pirate booty and money may not be much of a concern. I also realize that at prices like these, it's playing the smallest violin in the universe!

However, I do have a budget, & a price point where I feel comfortable at. I'm so very fortunate & lucky to even be able to actively converse with others on this board.

Hell, some of these folks, Vic55, Coldlist, etc, are ones I've been following for some time on the m5 boards, and their contributions are invaluable, as are others!

I agree, working within my "budget", trying to make the best decisions I can are quite difficult!

Has anyone even done the stock TT rims in "painted black"?

Elliot

Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Congrats, the color combo will be phenomenal!

Only thing I would change would be to sportdesign side mirrors, but that's personal preference if you're not going to track anyway.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks AJag!

You were actually one that was really helpful to me on here making this decision!

I LOVED seeing your car and you had great rational for going the TT route!

I wanted to choose the sport mirrors, but I figured I wanted the folding option more & it didn't seem I could get both.

I think your car looks brilliant & personally I love your wheels! Have you ever seen pics of them with the exclusive option of being black?

I ask because I have seen the c4s wheels in the satin finish & they were truly amazing! I don't know if I would have chosen them had I not seen them in person.

Elliot

Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
The stock turbo rims painted black only paints the inside parts of the wheel black and leaves the machined face silver. The wheels on my CL63 are optioned like this. I find that the gloss back insides tend to get dirty looking quickly and don't hide the brake dust as well as the standard colored wheels. They do look great when clean and give the car a different appearance.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Glad I could be of help!

I have seen the wheels in black, and as it was noted above, it's not the face of the wheel, and probably not worth the money IMHO. I'd just get the standard turbo wheels and powdercoat them aftermarket if you like or go w/ the sport classic and the black option, which would look great on rhodium, though that's adding almost $3k to the price. Honestly, I have found I like the stock rims way more than I expected to, only real drawback for them is how hard they are to clean lol. Though I had them opticoated, so that should help.

I'm keeping the stocks w/ the Sottos for winter, and have a set of HRE P101s in brushed tinted dark coming for my summer/track use.

Originally Posted by elliot748
Thanks AJag!

You were actually one that was really helpful to me on here making this decision!

I LOVED seeing your car and you had great rational for going the TT route!

I wanted to choose the sport mirrors, but I figured I wanted the folding option more & it didn't seem I could get both.

I think your car looks brilliant & personally I love your wheels! Have you ever seen pics of them with the exclusive option of being black?

I ask because I have seen the c4s wheels in the satin finish & they were truly amazing! I don't know if I would have chosen them had I not seen them in person.

Elliot

Old 01-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Badknees is on a distinguished road
Congrats, you are going to be very pleased! I would like to see pictures, as the configurator doesn't do justice.

One option I didn't see (that someone else is trying to convince me to get), is the Telephone Module. Does it come with the Burmester infotainment?

I noticed that in the last week or so, the price of the silver painted classic wheels went to zero. It used to have an upcharge. I wonder if that has something to do with the dealer not seeing it on their order screen.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:56 PM
TFSweet will become famous soon enoughTFSweet will become famous soon enough
I think your color choice is going to be awesome. Post pics when you get it please!

Old 01-25-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks for all the positive replies!

Badknees, I specifically asked my salesman about the module, he informed it simply is not needed. I believe it incorporates a SIM card slot so the external antenna is used on the car in lieu of the phones, however I could be wrong.

I was looking for a handsfree ability with my iPhone, this comes with the car without the need for the module.

I am debating about whether I need voice control or not.....

TFSweet I will def be posting pics, I just wish I didn't have to wait 3+ months to post them!

Elliot

Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 AM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
My build is similar to yours. I have adaptive cruise in my SL65 and never use it. I also got the center locks. I think the look is worth the potential downside.