New TT order placed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:25 PM
elliot748 is on a distinguished road
New TT order placed

Hello to everyone here. I'd like to give thanks for the great discussions and valuable information that helped me finalize my order.

S2 Rhodium Silver
EZ Yachting Blue

342 Seat Heating
352 PDCC
446 Painted Center Caps
456 Adaptive Cruise with PAS
541 Seat Ventilation

583 Smoking Package
602 LED headlights
625 Porsche Entry & Drive
630 Light Design
638 ParkAssist (F&R) with camera

640 Sport Chrono
653 Sunroof in Glass
658 Power Steering Plus
748 Power folding side mirrors
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats (18way)
P3M Burmester

I'm over the moon excited! I realize the question will come up, why not a TTS? To be honest, I don't want the PCCB for daily use, & for me, I just could not justify the additional cost. I understand some will disagree, but I think it will be a perfect car for me!

I still have about 3 weeks before freeze date, so if anyone has any advice or thoughts please let me know!

My biggest dilemma was color choice. It was between this or White/Espresso.

I think both would look great, but the Rhodium Silver is a really beautiful color.

Elliot

Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
OK Gum ball - don't let anyone talk you out of that colour combo...it is beautiful and I wish I could show up in a showroom somewhere and see it because I would buy it. That is option for option (except I didn't want the 658 PSP) - what I would do except specify the Sport Classic wheel Vs. the Regular turbo wheel if you don't want the Center Lock. I am on the fence on my car so the dealer ended up ordering in my second choice which is a Basalt Black on black with CL and same equipment that he thinks will move quicker than Rhodium if I go soft on him. I have attached a nice picture of the RS choice - much like the polar silver of old - beautiful on this car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991tt Rhodium Silver.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	324322  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks -

Believe it or not the dealer I initially went to had a 2013 c4s in Rhodium Silver with the Yachting Blue interior. It was gorgeous!

I seriously thought of getting that car, but I was indecisive, & I kept thinking, I know I will love that car, and then after a couple of years think, damn, I should have gotten the turbo. I'm coming from a 2013 M5, and felt I could possibly miss some of that torque feel. Hopefully, I won't miss it that much!

lol - yeah I've had that gumball image for some years - finally figured out what to do with it!

On a separate note, I was out in San Francisco for the "rally" a few years ago (not as a participant). I remember, without question the loudest cars there were the Carrera GT's, just incredible. There was also someone with a Corvette dressed up as NYC taxicab! What a great day that was....

Elliot

Old 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like an amazing build, Elliot! I also agree that the Rhodium Silver / Yachting Blue is a gorgeous combination. I'm partial to white 911s, but I would recommend sticking with your color combo.

Congrats!

Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by elliot748
I'm over the moon excited! I realize the question will come up, why not a TTS? To be honest, I don't want the PCCB for daily use, & for me, I just could not justify the additional cost. I understand some will disagree, but I think it will be a perfect car for me!

Elliot
Congrats, I have a similar optioned build, except w/o Burmeister and in a White w/Expresso/Cognac Cabriolet.

Totally agree on the TTS vs TT dilemma, and for the $30k difference, with not wanting PCCB, I couldn't persuade myself it was that big a step up.

Originally Posted by Overdraft
OK Gum ball - don't let anyone talk you out of that colour combo...it is beautiful and I wish I could show up in a showroom somewhere and see it because I would buy it. That is option for option (except I didn't want the 658 PSP) - what I would do except specify the Sport Classic wheel Vs. the Regular turbo wheel if you don't want the Center Lock. I am on the fence on my car so the dealer ended up ordering in my second choice which is a Basalt Black on black with CL and same equipment that he thinks will move quicker than Rhodium if I go soft on him. I have attached a nice picture of the RS choice - much like the polar silver of old - beautiful on this car.
OD, curious my (our) dealer claims the Sport Classic is not available on either TT or TTS... as I would really prefer them in black, on my white Cab.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks Gunner -

I can only imagine how beautiful your car will be with those colors!

I believe we have about the same amount of time to wait. Mine is due in around the last week of April. I've only finalized the order today & already I'm waiting too long!

Elliot

Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Congrats, I have a similar optioned build, except w/o Burmeister and in a White w/Expresso/Cognac Cabriolet.

Totally agree on the TTS vs TT dilemma, and for the $30k difference, with not wanting PCCB, I couldn't persuade myself it was that big a step up.

OD, curious my (our) dealer claims the Sport Classic is not available on either TT or TTS... as I would really prefer them in black, on my white Cab.

I think your dealer is mistaken. They are on the web-site (in Canada anyway) and there is a thread I started on Rennlist where one of the guys posted a picture of his TT with a set of Classics on it...and you can get them in black because my dealer ordered a set (in black) for a neighbour of mine. I would re-ask the question - darn nice wheel.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Overdraft
I think your dealer is mistaken. They are on the web-site (in Canada anyway) and there is a thread I started on Rennlist where one of the guys posted a picture of his TT with a set of Classics on it...and you can get them in black because my dealer ordered a set (in black) for a neighbour of mine. I would re-ask the question - darn nice wheel.
Oh I know... Just yesterday I actually emailed him the blue TT from your Rennlist link and also a link to a Porsche site custom build with Sport Classic being used.

Ironically on Monday sitting in his office, he showed me "his computer build screen" and the wheels were not available.... on either TT or TTS. But here at home online I can see them....

He never replied to my email..

:cheers:

Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks Gunner -

I can only imagine how beautiful your car will be with those colors!

I believe we have about the same amount of time to wait. Mine is due in around the last week of April. I've only finalized the order today & already I'm waiting too long!

Elliot
Congrats!!! let the waiting begin!!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:57 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Nice build, but if you are into detailing and keeping your car perfect, then ceramic brakes will give you way less headache keeping your rims clean. But there is a 10k difference so that does buy a lot of cleaning supplies.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
All that...PLUS those Fugly yellow calipers clash with everything visually!!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone!

I thought about the PCCB, but I've really no plans on tracking the car, I will just be using it as a typical daily driver!

I don't mind a bit of brake dust, & the cost involved of replacement, well it does make me pause....

I was actually liking the standard option TT wheel, maybe I should think of the CL?

I still have until the first week of Feb to make changes!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
I did like you, and tried to order a TT, in the end I was so damn close to the TTS I just bit the bullet and went for it.

I remember on my ZO6's I had regular brakes (which in due respect stopped the car very well) I cursed everytime I cleaned that damn car, couldn't get the bristle brush all the way thru and the black just stood out like grease on the rim. It was a chore that I no longer wished to do. My last vette was a ZR1 and it had ceramic brakes, they were so easy to clean, all I ever did was spray wheel cleaner and rinse. Even after a days driving you could wipe your hand on the rim and no visible dirt other than dust was on the rims. In all honesty I couldn't tell the difference on braking power between the two but for cleaning its a no brainer.

I also find that the pccb fills the wheel so much better than standard brakes.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Maybe this, perhaps order the standards painted black, that may solve my visible brake dust problem!!??

My issue would be this, my car as is, stickers to @172, a wad of money, if you start looking at S models, it easily adds another 20-30k.

I do realize some may not have an issue or concern about this, but I do think about these things.....

Elliot

Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Maybe this, perhaps order the standards painted black, that may solve my visible brake dust problem!!??

My issue would be this, my car as is, stickers to @172, a wad of money, if you start looking at S models, it easily adds another 20-30k.

I do realize some may not have an issue or concern about this, but I do think about these things.....

Elliot
I'm glad I'm done with ordering. It was the most difficult part of buying this car. Would be so much easier if the car just came one damn way.

Money doesn't come that easy for me, I work very hard for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New TT order placed