White Guages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
White Guages

Before my car locks (next week) I wanted to ask if anyone has the white gauges and if you like them or regret getting them. Any drawbacks to white over black? What is the backlight color.

On my audi the back lit color is red which makes it very difficult to read the numbers at night. Could be my age has something to do with it too

Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 PM
991TT is on a distinguished road
they look good and love them .. but at night they will look dark almost black

i love them at day time

Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Do the #'s stand out at night? I do a lot of night driving. I wonder about the yellow, if they are difficult to read also at night?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 AM
991TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zedosix
Do the #'s stand out at night? I do a lot of night driving. I wonder about the yellow, if they are difficult to read also at night?

you should have no issue reading the #'s day or night time

with any colors ..

Old 01-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Ok, will stick with them. Better to ask first then make an expensive mistake.

Merci

Old 01-24-2014, 06:56 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
The black screen of the PCM display in the gauge cluster ruins the unified look with any color other than black. At night the white lit numbers and red lit dials read clearly on any color since the gauge faces appear dark. No one should get the red gauge option because it is really difficult to see the red dials in the daytime. Go to a showroom and look at any p-car with white gauges and then decide.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 AM
I think they have a 997 there with white guages, would it be the same. I don't remember seeing white guages there on a 991.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:14 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Your sales guy should be able to find them on some 2014 inventory car like a Cayenne or Panamera too.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
Your sales guy should be able to find them on some 2014 inventory car like a Cayenne or Panamera too.
Opted to go with black gauges. Saved a few bucks and put the rear camera.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
I have a new turbo that is white with Red interior. The white gauges look great. No problems at night