Guards Red 991 Turbo S (slightly pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Mig7410 will become famous soon enough
amazing car, thanks for posting the pics

Old 03-02-2014, 06:55 PM
ColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to behold
Oooohhhh I LOVE Guards Red! That is gorgeous! Congrats!

Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by UAE991
Not sure about other places but the manual I got specified 3000KMs break-in period for "optimum peformance"

I'll come back to you guys with results if I try out against the shelby.

Little out of topic question, when I removed the stickers/covers off the car, it produced some swirl marks/scratches on the body, I'm gonna go wrap it with Xpel Ultimate on the 9th, but any idea how can I get rid of those swirls/scratches first? Will polishing/waxing get the job done? I heard it'll just make it worse.

-Hamad
Very stunning car! Congrats!

Who is the dealer for Xpel in Dubai / UAE?

Haven't exactly seen them advertise anywhere

Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
gelkad will become famous soon enoughgelkad will become famous soon enough
Stunning,
Alf Mabrouk,
Enjoy in good Health

Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 PM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Not sure about other places but the manual I got specified 3000KMs break-in period for "optimum peformance"

I'll come back to you guys with results if I try out against the shelby.

Little out of topic question, when I removed the stickers/covers off the car, it produced some swirl marks/scratches on the body, I'm gonna go wrap it with Xpel Ultimate on the 9th, but any idea how can I get rid of those swirls/scratches first? Will polishing/waxing get the job done? I heard it'll just make it worse.

-Hamad
Hamad, have one of the better detailing shops in dubai detail the car for you and they will be gone... my experience with the dealer here isnt the best when they deliver cars.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:08 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 03LX470
Very stunning car! Congrats!

Who is the dealer for Xpel in Dubai / UAE?

Haven't exactly seen them advertise anywhere
If you go to Xpel's website and go to the UAE installer locator ( http://locator.xpel.com/clearbra_ins..._Arab_Emirates ) it comes up with this:

Trade X Middle East LLC Distributor - GCC
PO Box 28587, Dubai Investment Park View Map
Dubai,

I already phoned them and set up an appointment on the 9th. You'll need to call atleast 1-2 weeks beforehand cause the appointment they gave me was 2 weeks later from the call.

Originally Posted by sayegh87
Hamad, have one of the better detailing shops in dubai detail the car for you and they will be gone... my experience with the dealer here isnt the best when they deliver cars.
I'll look into one, I guess I'll have to go before applying the protection. Does anyone here know a good detailing shop in the UAE? I don't really have much experience in that side haha..

Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
If you go to Xpel's website and go to the UAE installer locator ( http://locator.xpel.com/clearbra_ins..._Arab_Emirates ) it comes up with this: Trade X Middle East LLC Distributor - GCC PO Box 28587, Dubai Investment Park View Map Dubai, I already phoned them and set up an appointment on the 9th. You'll need to call atleast 1-2 weeks beforehand cause the appointment they gave me was 2 weeks later from the call. I'll look into one, I guess I'll have to go before applying the protection. Does anyone here know a good detailing shop in the UAE? I don't really have much experience in that side haha..
I got Xpel fitted to my car at Tradex a couple of weeks ago. I didnt detail my car beforehand because it was basically brand new and they do wash and apply a sealant before and after I believe.

A friend had his 997tt done there too and they arranged for it to be detailed beforehand. Perhaps speak to them of you want to get it detailed before fitting xpel.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:34 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Not sure about other places but the manual I got specified 3000KMs break-in period for "optimum peformance" I'll come back to you guys with results if I try out against the shelby. Little out of topic question, when I removed the stickers/covers off the car, it produced some swirl marks/scratches on the body, I'm gonna go wrap it with Xpel Ultimate on the 9th, but any idea how can I get rid of those swirls/scratches first? Will polishing/waxing get the job done? I heard it'll just make it worse. -Hamad
Firstly, mabrook on your new car.

My friend had pretty bad sand paper scratches on his car from when the dealer fixed a dent on his front bumper (pretty bad job by the dealer). Speak to Wayne at Tradex and ask him to get your car polished before applying, thats what we did with his car and it seems to have removes the scratches. Im guessing your scratches would be less evident.

I asked the dealer not to wash my car before delivery. Couldn't trust them to do it properly as I would like it to be done. When i got delivery of my car it was filthy, dust all over the car and thank god they hadnt washed it, coz the guy was washing another car right next to mine with a dirty cloth and a bucket (not even a power wash).

Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
Firstly, mabrook on your new car.

My friend had pretty bad sand paper scratches on his car from when the dealer fixed a dent on his front bumper (pretty bad job by the dealer). Speak to Wayne at Tradex and ask him to get your car polished before applying, thats what we did with his car and it seems to have removes the scratches. Im guessing your scratches would be less evident.

I asked the dealer not to wash my car before delivery. Couldn't trust them to do it properly as I would like it to be done. When i got delivery of my car it was filthy, dust all over the car and thank god they hadnt washed it, coz the guy was washing another car right next to mine with a dirty cloth and a bucket (not even a power wash).
Man.. I thought I was the only maniac, I did the exact same thing, told the dealer not to wash the car or wipe/clean it or do anything to it, that I wanted to receive it with its stickers. The car arrived filthy as you said but I'd rather receive it that way and wash it myself than have the dealer wash it with towels they wiped another car's tyres with 20mins beforehand.

I've spoken to Wayne about the appointment already, I'll have to speak with him again regarding the detailing, it's only a little area behind both car doors. Hopefully it clears up. Thanks for your input!

And thanks alot everyone for your awesome comments!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations! That surely is a beauty

Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 AM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Man.. I thought I was the only maniac, I did the exact same thing, told the dealer not to wash the car or wipe/clean it or do anything to it, that I wanted to receive it with its stickers. The car arrived filthy as you said but I'd rather receive it that way and wash it myself than have the dealer wash it with towels they wiped another car's tyres with 20mins beforehand.

I've spoken to Wayne about the appointment already, I'll have to speak with him again regarding the detailing, it's only a little area behind both car doors. Hopefully it clears up. Thanks for your input!

And thanks alot everyone for your awesome comments!

I did the same as well because of the scene I saw at the dealer! Dirty T shirt and a bucket of water...

Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Man.. I thought I was the only maniac, I did the exact same thing, told the dealer not to wash the car or wipe/clean it or do anything to it, that I wanted to receive it with its stickers. The car arrived filthy as you said but I'd rather receive it that way and wash it myself than have the dealer wash it with towels they wiped another car's tyres with 20mins beforehand. I've spoken to Wayne about the appointment already, I'll have to speak with him again regarding the detailing, it's only a little area behind both car doors. Hopefully it clears up. Thanks for your input! And thanks alot everyone for your awesome comments!
You really have such little confidence in you're dealer bring able to clean and prep the car without screwing it up? And I thought I was OCD. Lol

Old 03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
The day I pick up my car I will expect it to be clean, there is no way I'm driving home a brand new 215k dirty car.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought I was complete with a C2S. I guess I have more to aspire towards. That thing looks incredible!

PS: I wonder how much that Chevy Silverado costs in the UAE, $125K?

Old 03-07-2014, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by Money2536
I thought I was complete with a C2S. I guess I have more to aspire towards. That thing looks incredible!

PS: I wonder how much that Chevy Silverado costs in the UAE, $125K?
This one cost us $31.5k from the dealership, it's a 2013 model and is one of the less optioned Silverados.
That is 115,000AED.

-Hamad