My 2016 TTS with mods...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 11:21 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
My 2016 TTS with mods...

ADV1 5.0 Trac Spec CS 20" (Michelin PS2 335/30/20 - 255/35/20)
Techart 30mm lowering kit
Fabspeed exhaust
Fabspeed headers
BMC Intake filter
IPD Plenum
Cobb AP3 on the way!

I'm not 100% satisfied with the way the wheel/ tire combo came out. I think the side profile is a bit too high for those wheels on that car, but the (huge) upside is the ride comfort, despite the 30mm drop. It's exactly as if I had never touched the suspension at all. If I can't live with the look, I may change tires to go to 345/ 25's and do the fronts as well, but I'd be sacrificing the ride comfort.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:24 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Looks great and get some clear corners and you will be all set. Looking good.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:10 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
Any chance at a sound clip of the fabspeed exhaust?

Looks great btw, agree tire profile size a little high, why go so wide at 335? You thought about doing Pilot Sport Cup 2s at sock sizes?

Old 08-15-2015, 01:27 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I wanted more width, more beef. Issue here is that the actual height is taller than what the numbers work out to, while the stock P Zero's are actually shorter than the numbers suggest. The overall difference is over an inch, which shows more than I thought.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:57 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
My 2016 TTS with mods...

Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
ADV1 5.0 Trac Spec CS 20" (Michelin PS2 335/30/20 - 255/35/20)
Techart 30mm lowering kit
Fabspeed exhaust
Fabspeed headers
BMC Intake filter
IPD Plenum
Cobb AP3 on the way!

I'm not 100% satisfied with the way the wheel/ tire combo came out. I think the side profile is a bit too high for those wheels on that car, but the (huge) upside is the ride comfort, despite the 30mm drop. It's exactly as if I had never touched the suspension at all. If I can't live with the look, I may change tires to go to 345/ 25's and do the fronts as well, but I'd be sacrificing the ride comfort.

Nice man! Yeah the profile is a bit high but I love the beef! Clear corner lights and tweak your tires and you are golden. Great build.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Was thinking about either clear or smoke tint rears with clear fronts...still debating that one. Really looking forward to getting the Cobb AP3 this week!

Old 08-15-2015, 04:03 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
Remember you can order factory tinted GT3 RS tailights from Sun Coast Parts, I think it would look great!

Old 08-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I think it looks awesome and sexy like it is! I love it!

Old 08-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2015, 09:51 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
I like the rims but I think you're right, the tires a bit high making it appear its ready for off-road

Old 08-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Congrats awesome car. I ve got the same exhaust and u love it. I went with 21's and 255 front and 325 rear, hoping to get some R rated tires when they are available.

Let us know how you like the Cobb tune when you get it

Old 08-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
The meats look good--- I think the step lip style profile makes the wheel look smaller since you kept the oem diameter.

Your car probably will perform better vs a 25 series set up and as you stated, the comfort is better.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:43 AM
bandi is on a distinguished road
If you hadn't pointed it out, the higher profile tires aren't that obvious, blending in with your black wheels. If the wheel wells aren't perfectly filled, that would stick out--but they are. More ride comfort is a plus and depending on your roads, the higher profile will help protect against bubbles and rim damage. Bet you'll be fine with the setup in a couple months!

Old 08-17-2015, 05:40 AM
So , I've put on a few hundred miles with the new wheel/ tire combo, and I should have figured this out already, since I have the same tires (almost the same size too) on my Ford GT, but they are driving me insane. The slightest cracks and bumps produce a very pronounced noise, as if I'm driving over an expansion joint. I always wondered if that was my Ford GT suspension, but now I see it's the Michelin PSS tires. (last time I buy them)

Pro's:

1) The ride is actually perfect, comfort wise. No roughness or harshness associated with this setup.

2) Wheels are definitely better protected against our "beyond horrible" roads here in Quebec. (I have bent a few sets of wheels in the past few years, all due to road obstacles and potholes)

3) Wheel wells are filled out perfectly with no gap, and no rub.

4) It's a good look, just not what I was banking on - may take some getting used to!

Cons:

1) The rears are so much higher than stock that with the Techart lowering kit, the front end comes down too much. I will have to think about where I can drive with the spoiler retracted, whereas with the stock setup, I didn't have to worry about it. My front sizing came up .3-5mm overall, whereas the rears came up about 12-15 mm. It's not the spoiler that is so close to the ground, but the bladder.

2) Road noise is quite annoying! (Michelin PSS issue)

3) Not exactly the look I was hoping for, especially with that stepped lip reducing the inside diameter by a good 1.75" - which is likely a big part of the esthetics problem, in my eyes anyway.

I have a few cars with Nitto 345's and 275 fronts, with a lower profile, which I may pull tires off to see if I get a better look on the 991, with less noise.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Looking good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2016 TTS with mods...