Stage 3 By Design all in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 04:54 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Visceral

C'mon, you're among friends. We have the same disease. None of us believe that statement for a second.
Well, I have built quite a few (current) cars and trucks with huge power. But I eventually stop the build when it gets to past bolt-on, most of the time...LOL

Fact is, this 991 is so fast and so good at putting the power to the ground, that my 1050 HP HP FGT can't keep up, and my 1280 HP Z06 can't put down the power down, so it hasn't got a hope in hell of keeping up with my 991...

My Blown GC SRT is about the only vehicle I have that can 0-60 in the low 3's...

I could go for the next step, bigger turbo's...but I love the drivability of the car just the way it is now...

Besides which, the next 100 HP will end up being exponentially more money - and it's just not worth the trouble and sacrifice in reliability...because like I said, I won't race it anyway.

If I wanna go quicker, I can always hop on my ZX14 and go!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:56 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Visceral

C'mon, you're among friends. We have the same disease. None of us believe that statement for a second.
Indeed LOL

Old 11-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
Fact is, this 991 is so fast and so good at putting the power to the ground, that my 1050 HP HP FGT can't keep up, and my 1280 HP Z06 can't put down the power down, so it hasn't got a hope in hell of keeping up with my 991...
My experience (as a mental Z06 mod'er myself) has been that we feel the culture of scarcity (there's always someone faster, especially on-line and in the middle east) and pursue the adrenalin and the perceived happiness that always lives around the next 100hp corner.

Then we build the car to a point that we make a mistake (no thread lock on a wastegate hose, 2psi too much in one rear tire, etc. etc.) and the car either cracks a piston (been there), drops a crank (been there), swaps ends at 85mph (been there), or whatever. If it needs a rebuild, we get bored and sell it. If it needs stains removed from the seat where we shat ourselves, we park it where it can't kill us and then sell it. The we buy something else, find a new forum, and start all over again.

I agree that this new "FBO" Stage 3 is incredibly fast and seems reliable, but once slightly larger turbos become commonplace and solutions exist for the PDK slipping and fuel limits (and a few people have found that the rods wont let go), our history says we'll want that too. Its OK.

Unfortunately I need to solve the sound of this car first, then I have no doubt I'll start in with the power. I'm too hung up on the sound of the manual GTS and I want my car to get closer to that... so I'll be working on the intake and exhaust. I positively hate the fuel dumping on decel (and all the pops) and I've been questioning tuners about how to remove that while making the car much louder and raw. Then I'll turn up the boost

Old 11-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
So true. And put forth in a very entertaining way! There's always a balance. As long as you don't look around the corner too far.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Another great build story! Congratz on the specs!

As for Kline, you can be sure there will be ZERO drone even with DECAT pipes. Sam knows

Patrick here will share his decat experience very soon also

Old 11-02-2015, 06:56 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Felix_Kline
Another great build story! Congratz on the specs!

As for Kline, you can be sure there will be ZERO drone even with DECAT pipes. Sam knows

Patrick here will share his decat experience very soon also
Indeed

- Patrick