Laguna Seca Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Laguna Seca Today

Well just got home from an awesome day at the track. These cars are amazing from 1/2 mile airstrip racing to the track 991 Turbos dominate period. I passed everything that was in front of me. Ferraris, lambos, R-8"s, Zo6"s , GT3"s, Vipors and a P-1 ( I haven't seen an owner of one of these cars that could drive one yet. Next event 1/4 mile can't wait. Here is a shot of my G meter at the track today

Old 11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Well just got home from an awesome day at the track. These cars are amazing from 1/2 mile airstrip racing to the track 991 Turbos dominate period. I passed everything that was in front of me. Ferraris, lambos, R-8"s, Zo6"s , GT3"s, Vipors and a P-1 ( I haven't seen an owner of one of these cars that could drive one yet. Next event 1/4 mile can't wait. Here is a shot of my G meter at the track today
I have had the same experience. The car especially modded is a track killer. Love the G meter

Old 11-01-2015, 08:46 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
The g meter was once a gadget on Gtr. On a Porsche, it is now seen as a great tool. I find it funny

P1 should be so easy to drive that anyone car drive it like a super hero.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 PM
RMDZidane is on a distinguished road
What were your lap times? My friends and I checked out your 991 while we were walking back from lunch today. Exact combination that I'm looking for, minus the CCB's

Old 11-02-2015, 05:54 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
1.62 is impressive. What tires are you running and have you made any modifications to suspension or engine? Most lateral G's , I have pulled is 1.46 on stock P Zeros, but my driving skills have a long way to go.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:04 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Those are indeed great numbers.

As you can see from the bottom number on mine you know where my priorities are LOL

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo677.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	431701  
Old 11-02-2015, 07:16 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Nice Mark! Did you Video your laps?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Really cool Mark One of the best track experiences we have in this country. What an awesome versatile car! One of my guys who ran in Texas said the same thing. There was McLarens and that story as well ha ha!

Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RMDZidane
What were your lap times? My friends and I checked out your 991 while we were walking back from lunch today. Exact combination that I'm looking for, minus the CCB's
RMDZidane lap times were in the 1:42 to 43 then when I got a couple clean runs I was in low 1:40 Ive been on a track 5 times I keep improving every time and i love it. Ya I found out about the PCCB's after I bought my car. So I am waiting for someone to come out with a Steel big brake kit, before my rotors need replacing.

Originally Posted by AndrewP
1.62 is impressive. What tires are you running and have you made any modifications to suspension or engine? Most lateral G's , I have pulled is 1.46 on stock P Zeros, but my driving skills have a long way to go.
Andrew thanks Im still working up to the limits of the car, which is still far above me. Im running Dunlop Maxx Race tires, Ive probably got 2 track days left on them. Ive got a set of Trefeo R's in the Garage ready to go. Techart Springs for suspension mods. Giac tune, with GMG exhaust and intercoolers. the intercooler really work great on the track, keeps the heat soak to a minimum.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Those are indeed great numbers.

As you can see from the bottom number on mine you know where my priorities are LOL
Scott, I don't think ive ever seen an acceleration number that high before thats crazy. I reset mine before the event so I could get accurate numbers from the track, the almost 1G of acceleration probably comes from turn 11 which you come out of at about 25-28mph

Originally Posted by longboarder
Nice Mark! Did you Video your laps?
Adam I did not, and that day would have been a good one too, as it was a unlimited sound day so there were some amazing cars out there.

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Really cool Mark One of the best track experiences we have in this country. What an awesome versatile car! One of my guys who ran in Texas said the same thing. There was McLarens and that story as well ha ha!
Sam, Ive been on the track with 2 of them now, and both times they were a hazard. FYI Im waiting on my Vbox I ordered I didnt know you sold them otherwise I would have picked one up from you.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 AM

Scott, I don't think ive ever seen an acceleration number that high before thats crazy. I reset mine before the event so I could get accurate numbers from the track, the almost 1G of acceleration probably comes from turn 11 which you come out of at about 25-28mph

Adam I did not, and that day would have been a good one too, as it was a unlimited sound day so there were some amazing cars out there.

Sam, Ive been on the track with 2 of them now, and both times they were a hazard. FYI Im waiting on my Vbox I ordered I didnt know you sold them otherwise I would have picked one up from you.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers bud. I hear they're tough to find and track down so I always have them for convenience to my customers. Very impressive times man. There's a steep learning and fearlessness curve at that track. I bet you would be in the 30s with one more day.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Scott, I don't think ive ever seen an acceleration number that high before thats crazy. I reset mine before the event so I could get accurate numbers from the track, the almost 1G of acceleration probably comes from turn 11 which you come out of at about 25-28mphAdam I did not, and that day would have been a good one too, as it was a unlimited sound day so there were some amazing cars out there.Sam, Ive been on the track with 2 of them now, and both times they were a hazard. FYI Im waiting on my Vbox I ordered I didnt know you sold them otherwise I would have picked one up from you.
Mark, just a great launch from a dig with all the right go fast settings. At Atco I had the chance to launch all day without waits -- the beauty of a private track rental with 20 cars.

When it launches correctly it is a thing of beauty. But it is now so powerful from a dig that launching without wheel spin on street tires is very rare. When it happened for me at Atco the temps has risen to the pint where the track was warm but the DA was about 1509 feet which blows for Atco. Honestly I am not sure what to do in terms of right tires for the best launch at a speed event. R compound would be grippier but the stiff sidewalls of track oriented tires are not ideal for a launch from a dig. Probably need to throw some drag radials on the rears for quarter mile events. Must have changed tire pressures 4 times at Atco looking for the best pressure for the best launch.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Mark, just a great launch from a dig with all the right go fast settings. At Atco I had the chance to launch all day without waits -- the beauty of a private track rental with 20 cars.

When it launches correctly it is a thing of beauty. But it is now so powerful from a dig that launching without wheel spin on street tires is very rare. When it happened for me at Atco the temps has risen to the pint where the track was warm but the DA was about 1509 feet which blows for Atco. Honestly I am not sure what to do in terms of right tires for the best launch at a speed event. R compound would be grippier but the stiff sidewalls of track oriented tires are not ideal for a launch from a dig. Probably need to throw some drag radials on the rears for quarter mile events. Must have changed tire pressures 4 times at Atco looking for the best pressure for the best launch.
The only advice I have to offer is back from drag racing Syclones. Our experience back then was that the flexible sidewall of the drag radials only did a lot of good on the rear. The truck was at its base an S10, and driving a 700hp S10 at 130mph was really hair raising. Putting flexible sidewalls on the front was just a little furhter than most of us wanted to go.

The reason this might apply to our cars is that with the PCCBs, you might be able to buy a set of rear 19s (or even 18s? I have no idea) with drag radials. There is already a pretty serious rear-tire weight bias, and the shock of the launch only further unloads the front. Its at that exact same time that a taller sidewall would help. Just a thought.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:07 PM
RMDZidane is on a distinguished road
RMDZidane lap times were in the 1:42 to 43 then when I got a couple clean runs I was in low 1:40 Ive been on a track 5 times I keep improving every time and i love it. Ya I found out about the PCCB's after I bought my car. So I am waiting for someone to come out with a Steel big brake kit, before my rotors need replacing.

Andrew thanks Im still working up to the limits of the car, which is still far above me. Im running Dunlop Maxx Race tires, Ive probably got 2 track days left on them. Ive got a set of Trefeo R's in the Garage ready to go. Techart Springs for suspension mods. Giac tune, with GMG exhaust and intercoolers. the intercooler really work great on the track, keeps the heat soak to a minimum.
Mr. Blackwell, did you notice that there were some bona fided HOOPTIES out there just because there was no sound limit that day? I was with TMR and there were instances where I had to come into the hot pits in order to get some open track because of some erratic driving in front of me.
There was a Viper ACR out there that was down to 1:33....STOCK!! Easily the fastest production car I've ever seen on a track not driven by a pro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Today