Picked up a new Turbo... Pics inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous! Congrats!

Old 12-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Such a pretty car!! Congrats!

Old 12-30-2015, 02:46 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
If your Lambo can't take it...you have a problem! UGR Lambo running what...1400+ in AWD? Sounds like a slam dunk to me! LOL

Congrats on the sale and acquisition!

Hehehe.... I know the Lambo will take it....

And 1400.... That may be conservative

Mike

Old 12-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Banned
Gameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud of
Congrats on the car! What kind of mods do u reccommend for the 991 turbo s I literally just got mine a few weeks ago and never owned a p car before.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You know I'm just busting your chops Mike!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gameoverr323
Congrats on the car! What kind of mods do u reccommend for the 991 turbo s I literally just got mine a few weeks ago and never owned a p car before.
We are having a great sale on our Supersport X-Pipe's for the 991 Turbos LAST DAY is today!

Check it out! - Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System

Old 12-31-2015, 06:52 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gameoverr323
Your post will get a million responses. Many will be from tuners/makers of mods trying to sell you their product.

The most important and effective mods -- the one that really produce the big power gains are

1. ECU tune. A must. The top tuners are GIAC and Cobb. I went with GIAC.

2. Exhaust. You need an aftermarket exhaust with high flow cats for any sort of major power gain from a tune or even better in terms of power gain, catless exhaust. To me the best flow flow cat exhaust in terms of build quality and sound is Europipe. The best catless one to me Is Tubi catless race exhaust. I have had both on my car. If you go with the Cobb tune you will probably get One of the Kline exhausts. Their users sing their praises and I believe it. The only exhaust I hated was the Fabspeed catless -- way too much drone for me. Could not wait to get out of my friend's car when I drove it about 80 miles. My head was buzzing.

3. Intercoolers. You cannot reach 700 bhp without them. The stock ones are tiny and cannot handle the extra heat caused by turning up the turbo boost from a tune. There are at least three US manufacturers of aftermarket ICs: Champion, AWE and ByDesign. I have Champion which to me is the gold standard in 911 Turbo intercoolers but it is also the most expensive. If you end up with Cobb tune you will probably end up with ByDesign intercoolers as they work together and are often sold as per of a package. If you have GIAC you will end up with Champion or AWE intercoolers and GIAC works closely with both companies.

4. Upgraded turbos. You will need these if you want to reach 800 bhp. ByDesign has them out and they and upgraded VTGs that fit in the factory housing. I believe these are 65 mm turbos.

I have seen posts from Sam at ByDesign stating that they also have a 68 mm option available but I haven't seen that in the real world yet. The Bydesign upgraded turbos are paired with a Cobb Stage 4 tune. In their initial runs at a quarter mile speed event, this package to many people's surprise did not break into the nines. They apparently have traction issues at launch. I'm sure with more tuning they will easily be in the nines with their power. Trap speeds were quite strong and were in the upper 130s -- showing they are making power.

Champion is still working on their turbo upgrade which is expected to be released within the next several months. I can't give details on theirs as it is their prerogative to announce their deets. What I can say is that it will be worth waiting for and it has been in development for sometime for a good reason.

There are other mods available such as headers, intakes, plenums and y pipes. Frankly I i'm not convinced any of these make more power and you do not need them if you have the above Mods to reach the car's fueling limit of
somewhere between 650 and 700 whee HP which as much is you can do to the car power wise without fueling system upgrades which are not yet available. Simply stated, you do not need these mods to reach the power levels you want and it is questionable whether they actually add power or lose power.

I had an aftermarket Plenum in my car for months and then took it off and returned to the stock plenum after Dyno test results on another 991 TTS revealed that the stock plenum actually produced more power.

Similarly I purchased a pair of aftermarket headers put them on my car and had the car Dynoed. Despite the tuner's many attempts to gain power the car produced less horsepower and torque than the stock headers so I took them off and returned to stock headers.

I also known of fellow 6speed member who installed aftermarket intakes and Y pipes and removed them because they believed the car was not making more power or losing power.

In terms of other mods that do produce power there are water meth injection systems and NOS. I would never do either. Water meth is great in terms of power gain but you lose a lot of your frunk and have to keep filling it up. And if it fails it could take your $50k engine with it. And NOS is something I would put on a $30k mustang or camaro and not s $200k Porsche. The one 991 TTS I know of which had NOS and water meth had turbo failures as a result. Not for me.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:18 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
↑↑↑ Thank you!

Old 12-31-2015, 08:50 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotHonda
↑↑↑ Thank you!
Any time

Old 12-31-2015, 10:35 AM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Great write up. Should be a must read for all potential modders.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Your post will get a million responses. Many will be from tuners/makers of mods trying to sell you their product.

The most important and effective mods -- the one that really produce the big power gains are

1. ECU tune. A must. The top tuners are GIAC and Cobb. I went with GIAC.

2. Exhaust. You need an aftermarket exhaust with high flow cats for any sort of major power gain from a tune or even better in terms of power gain, catless exhaust. To me the best flow flow cat exhaust in terms of build quality and sound is Europipe. The best catless one to me Is Tubi catless race exhaust. I have had both on my car. If you go with the Cobb tune you will probably get One of the Kline exhausts. Their users sing their praises and I believe it. The only exhaust I hated was the Fabspeed catless -- way too much drone for me. Could not wait to get out of my friend's car when I drove it about 80 miles. My head was buzzing.

3. Intercoolers. You cannot reach 700 bhp without them. The stock ones are tiny and cannot handle the extra heat caused by turning up the turbo boost from a tune. There are at least three US manufacturers of aftermarket ICs: Champion, AWE and ByDesign. I have Champion which to me is the gold standard in 911 Turbo intercoolers but it is also the most expensive. If you end up with Cobb tune you will probably end up with ByDesign intercoolers as they work together and are often sold as per of a package. If you have GIAC you will end up with Champion or AWE intercoolers and GIAC works closely with both companies.

4. Upgraded turbos. You will need these if you want to reach 800 bhp. ByDesign has them out and they and upgraded VTGs that fit in the factory housing. I believe these are 65 mm turbos.

I have seen posts from Sam at ByDesign stating that they also have a 68 mm option available but I haven't seen that in the real world yet. The Bydesign upgraded turbos are paired with a Cobb Stage 4 tune. In their initial runs at a quarter mile speed event, this package to many people's surprise did not break into the nines. They apparently have traction issues at launch. I'm sure with more tuning they will easily be in the nines with their power. Trap speeds were quite strong and were in the upper 130s -- showing they are making power.

Champion is still working on their turbo upgrade which is expected to be released within the next several months. I can't give details on theirs as it is their prerogative to announce their deets. What I can say is that it will be worth waiting for and it has been in development for sometime for a good reason.

There are other mods available such as headers, intakes, plenums and y pipes. Frankly I i'm not convinced any of these make more power and you do not need them if you have the above Mods to reach the car's fueling limit of
somewhere between 650 and 700 whee HP which as much is you can do to the car power wise without fueling system upgrades which are not yet available. Simply stated, you do not need these mods to reach the power levels you want and it is questionable whether they actually add power or lose power.

I had an aftermarket Plenum in my car for months and then took it off and returned to the stock plenum after Dyno test results on another 991 TTS revealed that the stock plenum actually produced more power.

Similarly I purchased a pair of aftermarket headers put them on my car and had the car Dynoed. Despite the tuner's many attempts to gain power the car produced less horsepower and torque than the stock headers so I took them off and returned to stock headers.

I also known of fellow 6speed member who installed aftermarket intakes and Y pipes and removed them because they believed the car was not making more power or losing power.

In terms of other mods that do produce power there are water meth injection systems and NOS. I would never do either. Water meth is great in terms of power gain but you lose a lot of your frunk and have to keep filling it up. And if it fails it could take your $50k engine with it. And NOS is something I would put on a $30k mustang or camaro and not s $200k Porsche. The one 991 TTS I know of which had NOS and water meth had turbo failures as a result. Not for me.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Nfall
Thanks. I could write pages on the merits of GIAC versus Cobb but didn't have the time. Both produce plenty of power. They both have their assets and non-assets.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nfall
Yes, great write up Scott, cheers to 2016