Cobb stage 1 erratic boost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers

Old 01-01-2016, 12:46 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalnsx9434
As noted by sdg Sam was quick told me exactly what to do and now 24 hours later car is perfect. Sam is awesome and gives a whole new meaning to customer service which is hard to find anymore! Thanks so much Sam
Knew it. Sam is very very strong in his responsiveness to his clients. Glad it worked out. Enjoy the power. I predict you won't be on stage one for long LOL

Old 01-01-2016, 01:07 PM
jalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Knew it. Sam is very very strong in his responsiveness to his clients. Glad it worked out. Enjoy the power. I predict you won't be on stage one for long LOL
Your are correct I have been studying up on exhaust just cannot figure out which I want. I love the Kline and the Europipe but just have not pulled the trigger yet. I know you love the Europipe does it have the drone that the factory exhaust has? I have listened to a ton of sound bites from each exhaust and like the sound just curious which one has the least amount of drone or hopefully no drone!

Old 01-01-2016, 01:49 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Your are correct I have been studying up on exhaust just cannot figure out which I want. I love the Kline and the Europipe but just have not pulled the trigger yet. I know you love the Europipe does it have the drone that the factory exhaust has? I have listened to a ton of sound bites from each exhaust and like the sound just curious which one has the least amount of drone or hopefully no drone!
I do not have the Kline and have not driven a car with it so I can't tell you about whether it drones. I have never heard drone complaints however from those who do have the exhaust.

The Europipe has drone at all. It's a wonderful exhaust both in sound and just as importantly in build quality. It is one the only one of the aftermarket exhausts that insulates it's high flow cats against thermal shocks.

The best way to buy the Europipe is to email Stef (the owner) directly. He and EP are in Belgium. Stef@europipe.be is his email. He has kept lowering the price as the dollar has strengthened against the Euro rather than taking more profit.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:38 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Just call Sam again and get the Kline, it have ZERO drone and is a excellent system

Old 01-01-2016, 03:43 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I so hate my Fabspeed...sounds like a total POS

Old 01-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
I so hate my Fabspeed...sounds like a total POS
Definitely the worst sounding 991 Turbo S exhaust I have personally heard

Old 01-01-2016, 05:33 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Definitely the worst sounding 991 Turbo S exhaust I have personally heard
Hey Scott, I know this is subjective but what is the best sounding 991 race exhaust? It would have to be something that has a nice higher pitched sound at redline like the older GT2's but is tame at lower rpms. I'm considering Tubi and GMG so far but curious what the other options are. Seems like you have heard most if not all of them. On the 997.2 the BBI is bad *** so maybe I need to see if they have a Catless offering as well
Sorry to go OT.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Scott, I know this is subjective but what is the best sounding 991 race exhaust? It would have to be something that has a nice higher pitched sound at redline like the older GT2's but is tame at lower rpms. I'm considering Tubi and GMG so far but curious what the other options are. Seems like you have heard most if not all of them. On the 997.2 the BBI is bad *** so maybe I need to see if they have a Catless offering as well
Sorry to go OT.
I have not heard them all. Under load the Tubi's sound is higher pitched than the others and adds a little bit of Italian flavor. It is known for having the highest pitch sound.

I can't give an opinion on the GMG catless which as I understand it is just a GMG high flow cat race exhaust with a cat bypass.

GMG does not officially make a catless exhaust for the 991 Turbo/Turbo S. You should listen to it on Mark Blackwell's car.

I am assuming Nigel's car has the Kline catless. If so listen to his. If you want to hear mine come to Wannagofast in Ocala on Jan 23-24. You can even take it for a shot down the runway if you'd like.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:03 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Sorry to go OT.
Adam, I think I know your taste and while the Tubi is nice, it won't fit the bill for you. It isn't as exotic or sexy as the BBi for the 997.2. Honestly the Kline sounds the best and if/when I get a 991 if I didn't get something boutique from BBi I would get the Kline. Again the Tubi catless is nice but it's too tame and normal. Screams at higher rpm wot but other than that it's timid (which isn't a bad thing). The Kline sounds really nice in the 991 in basically all driving scenarios.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:07 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Adam, I think I know your taste and while the Tubi is nice, it won't fit the bill for you. It isn't as exotic or sexy as the BBi for the 997.2. Honestly the Kline sounds the best and if/when I get a 991 if I didn't get something boutique from BBi I would get the Kline. Again the Tubi catless is nice but it's too tame and normal. Screams at higher rpm wot but other than that it's timid (which isn't a bad thing). The Kline sounds really nice in the 991 in basically all driving scenarios.
Agreed 100%

Old 01-01-2016, 06:14 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Sorry to go OT.
The equal length headers from Kline will make the biggest difference in high rpm sound. For the turbo-back part the Kline or BBi would absolutely be my choice. I would give the nod to the Kline if for no other reason than it's so easy to drop the cats and put them back in. You can decat the Kline in a few minutes and then bolt the cats right back up if that's important to you or your local constabulary.

- Patrick

Old 01-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by ecpChris
The Tubi catless is very loud at cold start up and screams a beautiful high pitched notes under heavy load/high revs. At lower revs it is quite civilized which I value. Makes a massive bang and shoots flames when they headers are hot and you come off a heavy throttle.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I'm spending way too much time investigating exhausts for the 991TT/S and I've come to a conclusion or two.

No one can explain why an X-pipe or crossover is necessary or beneficial. Post-turbo and post-cat, pulses are just not discrete enough for flow to benefit.

As good and as drone-free as the Sharkwerks sounds, I also don't believe that mufflers are necessary to mitigate drone. Fabspeed has mufflers AND a cross-over, and we all know how those sound

If you have the money, the BBi is the cat-ed answer. If you don't want to spend $5k, the Sharkwerks functions with stock cats for $1800.

I plan on running cats regardless so I don't know how well exhausts shape the non-catted sound. I seems that Tubi and Akro both sound higher pitched and "exotic" with stock non-equal-length headers. Kline obviously makes a lot of people happy, so that would likely be a great answer for cat-less.

Equal length headers make a VERY large difference in sound, and I would *seriously* suggest a person hears them in person before they purchase them.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:38 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Great input everyone thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cobb stage 1 erratic boost