Love my new 911 Turbo

Old 01-11-2016, 06:47 AM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
[

It is certainly not equivalent to the best aftermarket systems like the $20,000 Focal system Detailing Dynamics put in an orange Aventador in the NYC area which sounded otherworldly[/QUOTE]

Agreed, good speakers+ good amplification and placement of speakers are all that are needed for good sound.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:29 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Based on my experience, Bose is not crap - had it for 2 and half years in my 991 cab. and not used to sound Burmester in my Turbo yet, perhaps it requires further fine tuning, but sometimes I prefer the Bose sound over the Burmester. That's just me.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Trimmer is on a distinguished road
I did sit 991's back to back with the Bose and Burmeister and to me, the Burmeister was HANDS DOWN better. The high end detail was no comparison. Now, my B&O in my GL63 sounds yet again better than the Burmeister in my Cab but, I'm attributing that to acoustics and space differences between the two. Typically, I build my cars bespoke and always check the highest end audio box each time and never regretted.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:50 PM
jalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant future
I must be the odd man out but to me the radio is really not that bad nor important (I have Bose). I do listen to it but I have the Bose and it seems fine to me. The car itself is loud anyway so I am not sure a crystal clear radio is worth 3500 in the 911 or any sports car. Now on the flip side I do like the higher end radios in the suv or luxury cars but heck running 70-90 on roads around my area you cant enjoy the radio in the 911 no matter Burm. or Bose! I do agree that fit and finish could be better and I have had to fix a minor rattle or two which was surprising. Overall I love my turbo and at this point have no regrets.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, I feel the exact opposite. I love the Bose, even though more bass and power could never hurt. (compare to the 458, it's incredible) I find the build quality outstanding, and the find the key fob perfect.

It's really hard for me to find a single criticism. I'd say the one thing I could pick on is how the car sounded stock. An after market system was a must, at least for me.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:06 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I don't know what model the Porsche Mercedes Benz salespeople follow. I have owned 10 Porsches and 3 MBZ along with a bunch of other stuff. I am a middle-aged, professional, white male - I am thinking that may be their target group. When I walk into a dealership I am always clean and shaved.

I went to the MBZ dealership in San Carlos right on the 101 about 3 weeks ago to look at the CLA45 as I was considering a new DD. I had kind of decided on the '16 Audi S3 Prestige, but the CLA45 came highly recommended so I thought I should go check it out.

I walked around in the showroom for about 15 minutes, in a suit sans tie, and no one approached me or acknowledged my presence. I finally asked for a salesperson and some guy walked up to me and said, "Can I help you?" like I was at the grocery store. I explained what I was looking for and he said, "We don't have any of those. They are kind of pricey, can I show you the CLA250?" Seriously? I said, "Thanks for your time, but no." I left the dealership. and ordered the S3 the next day.

I might be understanding if I was filthy dirty, got off the bus in front of the dealership, and was unable to communicate in English. That is not the case, I talk for a living. These asshats just lost a possible sale and certainly any future business.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Ian Bell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Trimmer
I did sit 991's back to back with the Bose and Burmeister and to me, the Burmeister was HANDS DOWN better. The high end detail was no comparison. Now, my B&O in my GL63 sounds yet again better than the Burmeister in my Cab but, I'm attributing that to acoustics and space differences between the two. Typically, I build my cars bespoke and always check the highest end audio box each time and never regretted.
Agreed. The B&O in my Audi RS5 was amazing. Tight and deep bass, crisp highs and forward/warm mid range. The bose sounds like a HAM radio depending on the music you are listening to. Tons of sloppy bass and that's about it.

I can see why some people like it, but I promise you, that coming from a high-end sound system to the Bose will reveal it's flaws.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Ian Bell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Congrats on the new Turbo. I agree that B&O in the Audi is much better. Tough break on the dealer in Oregon. As for theS5/RS5 it's possibly the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever owned. I had one for a DD. Massively underpowered and a pig, handled terrible and was in shop 57 days in 12 months. Car was awful.

Not sure if you came from a5oc.com but was there for a little while before I dumped my car after 16 months.

Also if interested in modding check out SDG's thread.
Funny how these cars are. I didn't have a single issue with my RS5 - It worked great every day. Definitely felt heavy compared to the 991 and the power steering was pretty sloppy (way too loose at slow speeds), but the car kept out road noise and has a great interior. Complete night and day to the 991 and certainly not a drivers car like our Porsches are.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cairo94507
When I walk into a dealership I am always clean and shaved.
All the wealthy guys have beards now. Clean shaven is SO 2015.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:46 PM
ioman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Visceral
All the wealthy guys have beards now. Clean shaven is SO 2015.
Truth in Portland.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Interested to hear more!
Its the best Porsche offers, but I guess to some its just not good enough. Everyone has an opinion.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zedosix
Its the best Porsche offers, but I guess to some its just not good enough. Everyone has an opinion.
LOl so true, you know that ol saying....