Love my new 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 03:48 PM
ioman is on a distinguished road
Love my new 911 Turbo

I have been on these forums for a while. Back when I had my 2010 C4S (switched to an RS5 for a while) and now back with my 2014 911 Turbo. Finally had a chance to wash the car and post some pics. The weather in Oregon hasn't been the best, but I got a sunny day.

Love the car, but have a couple complaints (no car is perfect).

- The Bose sound system is horrendous, I should have upgraded to the Burmeister. No matter how much you try to tune the Bose, it sounds like utter crap.

- The build quality is better on the 991 than the previous models, but the Porsche fit and finish is not as great as it should be in my opinion. The aluminum trim around the windows doesn't line up 100% for example which is just sloppy.

- The Keyfob is a joke. Feels super cheap compared to my Audi RS5 or even the Mercedes (which itself is outdated).

Otherwise, it feels good to come back to Porsche. I really loved the RS5 and the dealership I bought it from is amazing. The Porsche dealer here in Portland is a joke. Rude salespeople and Enterprise rent a car for a loaner car 50% of the time (wound up with a Toyota Corolla last time for a loaner). I purchased this one from San Diego and had them ship it up.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9537-1.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	437043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9541.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	437044   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9550.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	437045  
Old 01-10-2016, 03:58 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah after hearing the Bose I had to have the Burmeister.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM
ioman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shifter_
Yeah after hearing the Bose I had to have the Burmeister.
I want to just rip out the Bose so bad. Dumb that I didn't listen to the Burmeister first. Dumb dumb dumb.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congratulations on the car. Haven't seen any aftermarket integrations on this car yet but I'm sure there are some guys that can help you.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:09 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ioman
I have been on these forums for a while. Back when I had my 2010 C4S (switched to an RS5 for a while) and now back with my 2014 911 Turbo. Finally had a chance to wash the car and post some pics. The weather in Oregon hasn't been the best, but I got a sunny day.

Love the car, but have a couple complaints (no car is perfect).

- The Bose sound system is horrendous, I should have upgraded to the Burmeister. No matter how much you try to tune the Bose, it sounds like utter crap.

- The build quality is better on the 991 than the previous models, but the Porsche fit and finish is not as great as it should be in my opinion. The aluminum trim around the windows doesn't line up 100% for example which is just sloppy.

- The Keyfob is a joke. Feels super cheap compared to my Audi RS5 or even the Mercedes (which itself is outdated).

Otherwise, it feels good to come back to Porsche. I really loved the RS5 and the dealership I bought it from is amazing. The Porsche dealer here in Portland is a joke. Rude salespeople and Enterprise rent a car for a loaner car 50% of the time (wound up with a Toyota Corolla last time for a loaner). I purchased this one from San Diego and had them ship it up.
Congrats. She looks great!

Old 01-10-2016, 05:26 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new Turbo. I agree that B&O in the Audi is much better. Tough break on the dealer in Oregon. As for theS5/RS5 it's possibly the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever owned. I had one for a DD. Massively underpowered and a pig, handled terrible and was in shop 57 days in 12 months. Car was awful.

Not sure if you came from a5oc.com but was there for a little while before I dumped my car after 16 months.

Also if interested in modding check out SDG's thread.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 01-10-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:50 PM
gelkad will become famous soon enoughgelkad will become famous soon enough
Congrats, she looks great, agree with the Alu window trim,
enjoy in good health

Old 01-10-2016, 08:14 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Burmeister is a complete waste of money, for a piece of crap.

There are some great alternatives for the same money that will make you cry...with way more power, much better, deeper and tighter bass, highs etc...no comparison to the Turdmeister.

What's available in the aftermarket today will blow you away - and they use the stock head unit, so you see nothing more than the stock setup, but that's where it ends.

When I ordered my '16 TTS, I removed that from the build. This spring, I'm going in for an audio upgrade...which will cost me about the same as the Turdmeister would have been, but with far better results.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:26 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nice color

Old 01-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Another PDX car. Welcome!

Old 01-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
After 14,000 miles this past year, I remain completely impressed with mine. I love the Burmester sound system, and it was because I listened to the Bose that I sprung for it. I also love the sunroof in glass and the ride quality of the 991 compared to the 997.

Any mods planned?

Old 01-10-2016, 10:40 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
Burmeister is a complete waste of money, for a piece of crap.

There are some great alternatives for the same money that will make you cry...with way more power, much better, deeper and tighter bass, highs etc...no comparison to the Turdmeister.

What's available in the aftermarket today will blow you away - and they use the stock head unit, so you see nothing more than the stock setup, but that's where it ends.

When I ordered my '16 TTS, I removed that from the build. This spring, I'm going in for an audio upgrade...which will cost me about the same as the Turdmeister would have been, but with far better results.
any suggestions on what the alternatives are? Im stuck with Bose in my car too :/

Old 01-11-2016, 06:33 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Sweet car.
My last 2 Pcars were black and love love black!!... but it's a vocation keeping it shiny like your pics!

Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
This spring, I'm going in for an audio upgrade...which will cost me about the same as the Turdmeister would have been, but with far better results.
Interested to hear more!

Old 01-11-2016, 06:40 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carjunky1
After 14,000 miles this past year, I remain completely impressed with mine. I love the Burmester sound system, and it was because I listened to the Bose that I sprung for it. I also love the sunroof in glass and the ride quality of the 991 compared to the 997.

Any mods planned?
I actually like the Burmeister. I think it's outstanding for a factory system. Far superior to the Bose in the 991 and the Harmon Kardon and the B&O systems in the E63 S AMG sedan

It is certainly not equivalent to the best aftermarket systems like the $20,000 Focal system Detailing Dynamics put in an orange Aventador in the NYC area which sounded otherworldly

Old 01-11-2016, 06:45 AM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
I have the BOSE system and it's truly a POS. Not going to complain since I got a smoking deal on my 2014 with 25 miles on it.

OP- If you play around with the settings, there is some improvement to be had, not much though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Love my new 911 Turbo