GIAC tuning on 991TS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 09:16 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
I ripped ADV1 on a post and just got crucified. I have heard nothing but bad things for years with these wheels and not on forums, friends experiences. Plenty came on and said I was crazy. They try to be high end with their pricing but they just aren't HRE or BBS quality.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate issues.

MHT had been making there wheels for sometime now. One of the sponsors weighed in and mentioned they took manufacturing in house recently. Thats disappointing to hear the wheels aren't what you paid for.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:01 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I bought a set of iForged for a previous C6 Z06 and not only were they almost impossible to balance, but they actually retained water in the barrel in wet conditions and would have insane vibrations that would stop if I just went slowly enough to allow the water to fall out. (Why I was driving a modded Z in the rain anyways is a valid question, but it's Portland; you either drive in the rain or don't drive much.) I ended up selling them for 1/4 what I paid... I had to let any seller know the wheels had issues. I'm not going to kill anyone by selling them used wheels.

It seems these days that any idiot with a large CNC mill can ask $6k+ for a set of wheels.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:04 AM
georgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant future
Is it safe to say that Cobb's only advantage is the ease of installation? Is GIAC strictly a bench flash?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:00 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by georgefu
Is it safe to say that Cobb's only advantage is the ease of installation? Is GIAC strictly a bench flash?
No not safe to say. Yes that is one advantage.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:24 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
That is a big feature, you can take the tune on and off in about a minute or two. The Cobb AP is also a data logging device that operates at 44hz which gives you the ability to measure a number of important data points during performance testing or racing the car. This allows the tune to be tailored to your configuration since you can send the data to Cobb or analyze it yourself to determine what you can do other than changing the tune itself. There are also multiple maps that can be run and there are custom tuners out there that can modify your tune. I chart my data in Excel from the data logs provided from the AP. Here is a typical one.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 01-25-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
No, the GIAC flash is an OBDII flash.

There are a few differences between the two, but that is the main one. As far as performance results or other advantages...well, you can search and find 1000 different threads on that one lol.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 PM
sapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I'm sure what you have in your car is great. But once they get the bigger housing it's going to be A lot more powerful. I expect you will get the improved turbos in your car.

I am glad to hear that they fixed the roughness problem. The John Morgan file stage two didn't have that problem. That was an awesome cobb tune file

May I ask you pay for GIAC tune? (You can PM me the price if you don't mind.)

Thank you

Old 03-03-2016, 06:46 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sapce
May I ask you pay for GIAC tune? (You can PM me the price if you don't mind.)

Thank you
Now you can also have the FVD tune with a do it yourself adapter like Cobb has and it's only $1950. I paid $2450 for their piggyback which I still have if anyone wants to make me an offer.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-release.html

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
My Cobb AP is also for sale, please feel free to PM me.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:47 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Wow this thread return from the dead lol

That's one big advantage from COBB, you can sell it if you want

Old 03-03-2016, 02:21 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
If you want the latest and greatest, go Cobb and go thru Robtuned. If you go elsewhere, you will be behind the power curve waiting to catch up. That's my opinion...

Jeff

Old 03-03-2016, 09:03 PM
sapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant futuresapce has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wrs
Now you can also have the FVD tune with a do it yourself adapter like Cobb has and it's only $1950. I paid $2450 for their piggyback which I still have if anyone wants to make me an offer.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-release.html
But the big issue is Im in China. LOL. I mean I might need to buy a brand new to get dealership support

Old 03-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
If you want the latest and greatest, go Cobb and go thru Robtuned. If you go elsewhere, you will be behind the power curve waiting to catch up. That's my opinion...

Jeff
May I ask what's Robtuned?

Thanks

Old 03-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Wow this thread return from the dead lol

That's one big advantage from COBB, you can sell it if you want
Yes, I agree.
GIAC vs COBB, which one is more durable and reliable for 991TT? How do you think?

Thank you

Old 03-04-2016, 05:08 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sapce
Yes, I agree.
GIAC vs COBB, which one is more durable and reliable for 991TT? How do you think?

Thank you
Oh boy. Here we go...

- Patrick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC tuning on 991TS?