Most people just have no clue what these cars can do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:26 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Most people just have no clue what these cars can do

We are busy sharing numbers on this forum and feel that if we aren't breaking 1.5s 60ft or 10.2s quarter mile that we are slow. However, I took my tennis partner to our USTA match today in my car. He was pumped that we were going to take my car, he is always asking about it. Anway, it's about a 30 mile trip with several good toll roads on the way. I used sport and floored it to about 100 on the entrance to the toll road on the way there and back, he was extremely impressed. However, when we got to the road back to our club I got to the front of a light where there is a nice straight afterwards and I did a LC take off up to 85, I actually got to do one more at the next light. He said he had never been in anything that fast and it had pinned him to the seat and blurred his vision. Now to me, it's no big deal, I am used to it but I have had this reaction from a couple other people that got to ride in the car when launched. So we should really appreciate just how fast we have made these cars. I really like mine and I know that there typically won't be anyone beating me at the dragstrip that is a street legal machine. Even the cars that are street legal that can beat me don't have the lux appointments and styling of this car. It's just the best all around IMO. I have lost all interest in a Ferrari, they will never be as fast or as well engineered.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:31 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Gotta agree WRS pound for pound there is no close second...

Old 01-31-2016, 07:34 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Gotta agree WRS pound for pound there is no close second...
Agreed. To take me down at the dragstrip you need A full build GTR or some other crazy drag car. Even at wannagofast my car was crushing eight and 900 hp GTR's to the quarter-mile. After that they pulled away obviously

Old 01-31-2016, 07:43 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Agreed 100%

Old 01-31-2016, 08:44 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Yeah it's pretty amazing to see. Whether it's GIAC/COBB/Whoever it's exciting to see Porsche Turbos doing great things! Congrats to all and it is sure NICE to see a THREAD that's positive for all owners!

Old 01-31-2016, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome post and...Amen! ^

Old 01-31-2016, 09:09 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
My hats off to you guys for constantly posting all the "tweaks" you've done on your cars, & the real world driving experience with them, along with sharing info with the developers of the technology in these upgrades.

I've owned a few turbos over the years & this 991TTS is just so incredible, & you guys still take it up a notch further! Mine has a GMG exhaust along with Sam's little magic Cobb box & it's fickin' crazy fast, I can't imagine how fast your guys cars are. My car easily looses traction at high speeds with hard accelerating on snow tires in winter roads. Don't need any more power for the time being.

Anyhow, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have a car this awesome & enjoy driving it when I can.

Now I wonder what Porsche will do with the next generation. I've driven some quick Tesla's, however they were nothing like the 991TTS, & didn't seem to have the soul. Adding electricity & more weight isn't appealing IMHO.

Porsche has changed a few things on the car with the 991.2 gen, however the car is already amazing. Some of you guys already put on larger turbochargers & beat them to it!

Porsche has "over-built" this car & their marketing of the latest Turbo is nothing new actually. Their marketing dept failed to notice the 991.1TT car was "tested" by Road & Track, remember this guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DR...ature=youtu.be
50 launch controls one after another The car is "un-breakable" & blazing fast even before the new generation.
The runs were anywhere between 2.6 - 2.9 seconds
Now they're pitching the cars can go 0 - 60 in under 3 seconds with the 991.2

Very happy with the 991.1 TTS & the real world driving you guys do week to week testing your new "bits"!!!

Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
My hats off to you guys for constantly posting all the "tweaks" you've done on your cars, & the real world driving experience with them, along with sharing info with the developers of the technology in these upgrades.

I've owned a few turbos over the years & this 991TTS is just so incredible, & you guys still take it up a notch further! Mine has a GMG exhaust along with Sam's little magic Cobb box & it's fickin' crazy fast, I can't imagine how fast your guys cars are. My car easily looses traction at high speeds with hard accelerating on snow tires in winter roads. Don't need any more power for the time being.

Anyhow, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have a car this awesome & enjoy driving it when I can.

Now I wonder what Porsche will do with the next generation. I've driven some quick Tesla's, however they were nothing like the 991TTS, & didn't seem to have the soul. Adding electricity & more weight isn't appealing IMHO.

Porsche has changed a few things on the car with the 991.2 gen, however the car is already amazing. Some of you guys already put on larger turbochargers & beat them to it!

Porsche has "over-built" this car & their marketing of the latest Turbo is nothing new actually. Their marketing dept failed to notice the 991.1TT car was "tested" by Road & Track, remember this guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DR...ature=youtu.be
50 launch controls one after another The car is "un-breakable" & blazing fast even before the new generation.

Very happy with the 991.1 TTS & the real world driving you guys do week to week testing your new "bits"!!!
Awesome post and yes gotta love Volkswagen Auto Group / Porsche Marketing. Agreed quality is evolutionary and engineering of the platform top notch. Good point on the Tesla and I'd even add anyone even remotely comparing the TT to the Tesla "deserves" the Tesla.

Long live the King!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:21 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S

There is no question that Porsche consciously has decided to overestimate the car's 0 to 60 time. One car mag tested the 991.1 TTS at 2.5 seconds from 0 to 60.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:28 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
Similar experience happened with me today. Let my buddy drive, now he is rethinking that m5 purchase.. Lol

Old 02-01-2016, 05:32 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dds007
Similar experience happened with me today. Let my buddy drive, now he is rethinking that m5 purchase.. Lol
Had an M5, nice car but don't want another and it's a long way moneywise from a decked out M5 performance package to a Turbo S.

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2016, 06:55 AM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Agreed, from another tennis player!

Old 02-01-2016, 11:52 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Most people also don't have a clue how expensive these turbos have gotten!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
I couldn't believe it myself. :O

Old 02-01-2016, 12:39 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Holy crap you aren't kidding. 991.2 turbo S starts at $188k!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most people just have no clue what these cars can do