Springs. Hardest decision so far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stage7
Which lowering springs have the least amount of drop for the 991? They all seem to advertise 30mm. Are there any available with under an inch drop?
Anyone??

Old 03-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I've asked around if the GTS/SPASM springs pit our cars (because I want a small drop, not a big one).

So far no answer, so right now the TechArts appear to have the smallest specified drop from among the aftermarket springs (and that's not an insignificant drop).

Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Visceral
I've asked around if the GTS/SPASM springs pit our cars (because I want a small drop, not a big one).

So far no answer, so right now the TechArts appear to have the smallest specified drop from among the aftermarket springs (and that's not an insignificant drop).
That's a good question. The gts has the ideal stance imo.

I wonder if it will work with the factory lift kit or are we stuck with stock Springs if we ordered with the lift kit?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 PM
dphouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tpup
I have the Techart, same ride quality as stock imo. I am careful and have only scrapped a few times.
can you post photos of your car please? thank you.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:20 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
I also have the techart springs and love/hate them! I love the way the car looks, however, with what I'm trying to achieve, I need taller tires which I can't do unless I go back to the OEM springs...

Jeff

Old 03-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
My .02 cents = don't go with H&R or GMG. I'm running GMG so i know first hand. The car rides pretty harsh compared to stock but more importantly it rubs A LOT. I

I'm ordering a euro spec Eibach springs that have a 10mm-20mm drop. Much less aggressive and keeps the car looking classy while closing the wheel gaps. If you'd like however, i can sell you my GMG's that are less aggressive than H&R by 2mm for $350.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
My .02 cents = don't go with H&R or GMG. I'm running GMG so i know first hand. The car rides pretty harsh compared to stock but more importantly it rubs A LOT. I

I'm ordering a euro spec Eibach springs that have a 10mm-20mm drop. Much less aggressive and keeps the car looking classy while closing the wheel gaps. If you'd like however, i can sell you my GMG's that are less aggressive than H&R by 2mm for $350.

This is what I have on my 997.2 and love it. Please post a link or part # for the 991 turbo. Thanks!!

Old 03-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
where can I find some information on the euro spec springs ?

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade