Kline Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM
White Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Kline Exhaust Review

Hello there! I just wanted to give a quick review on my opinion of the Kline Exhaust, as well as Sam @ By Design. First off, I have been reading several posts for quite some time, prior to making a decision on my exhaust purchase. I thank each and everyone of you for your posts on this subject, and can certainly see why Sam, as well as Mitch, have such a great reputation.

I contacted Sam, and he was very patient with all of my questions and concerns. We must have chatted 3 or 4 times, prior to me pulling the trigger, and he was more than willing to respond, in great detail, to my emails and calls. His customer service, and knowledge, is truly second to none!

I received the box, and everything was packaged perfectly, which definitely removed all fears of opening the box. Nothing is worse than receiving a package, and the box is torn, or punctured, damaging the contents My background is in machining, so I know a few things about tolerancing and fabrication. With that being said, the first thing I noticed was how meticulousy the headers were fabricated and welded. What a piece of art!
(The mufflers were equally impressive)

I almost always do my own installs, and this time was no different. I removed the bumper, and got after it! The fit and finish was excellent, and I never had any "surprises" during the installation. Total install time is in the 7 to 8 hour range, with a couple of beer breaks in between Your mileage may vary.

We've had some crappy weather down here in Houston, so my first time to take it out for a spin was this evening. All I can say is.... WOW! The sound, while cruising, is definitely different, although in a very tamed manner. It submits a nice deep tone, with no BS, and most of all--no drone. However, when you switch to Sport Plus, and mash the skinny pedal, it's a whole different animal! I have had several high horsepower cars throughout my years, but believe me--this thing pulls extremely hard!! The sound is simply stunning, and I have absolutely zero regrets with my decision to choose Sam / Kline. In my opinion, it's very hard to get a turbo car to sound impressive, but Kline has nailed it! This is the way a Porsche should sound from the factory.

Hopefully, I can get it to the track within the next few weeks, and I'll report back with some 1/4 mile times.

Thanks again Sam, for your recommendation, and outstanding feedback and support. We'll be in touch when I'm ready for Stage IV!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:05 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Great review and agreed 1000%. A Kline exhaust is harmony for your ears Or in sport plus a rabid beast in disguise. Enjoy in good health!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:12 AM
VEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond repute
Just ordered a Kline Exhaust from Sam for my Huracan! Love it on the Porsches so had to put one on the Lambo. Enjoy!

Old 03-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome review D I really appreciate all the kind words! I say this often but I appreciate having a new friend who is a true car enthusiast and we have a lot in common with the machining. I think will be talking more in the future. Thanks for your faith as I know it's difficult to choose an exhaust system especially if you've been through drama in the past with other cars or systems.

Vegas, I promise she will sing to your liking! If not I'll sit shotgun and yell in your ear!

If we knock this out of the park I will also work on a painless something to make your 991 sing too.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:02 PM
cliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant future
Sam and Kline

I had a similar experience to White Dog. Sam provide almost instantaneous response to my 9000 questions and concerns. First of all I have never ordered anything from Romania, very good experience with Felix at Kline, no issues other than my impatience. Got hear the day they said it would. Installation went perfect, a little more than 3 hours, Porsche did the install.

Was a little disappointed when they fired it up, but once they placed it in Sport or Sport + i was greatly relieved. Now cruising hearing the exhaust and the turbos spooling life is good.

Attached Images          
Old 03-15-2016, 02:59 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Welcome to Kline club guys!

Thank you thank you for the kind words! We are very happy to deliver these beauties to Porsche world. Every week around the world there is at least a stunning 991 Turbo having it's Kline exhaust installed!

Old 03-15-2016, 06:12 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cliffd
I had a similar experience to White Dog. Sam provide almost instantaneous response to my 9000 questions and concerns. First of all I have never ordered anything from Romania, very good experience with Felix at Kline, no issues other than my impatience. Got hear the day they said it would. Installation went perfect, a little more than 3 hours, Porsche did the install.

Was a little disappointed when they fired it up, but once they placed it in Sport or Sport + i was greatly relieved. Now cruising hearing the exhaust and the turbos spooling life is good.
They really stripped your car down to the short hairs. I don't understand why I see shops doing this. It's completely unnecessary.

- Patrick

Old 03-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The club is growing! Lot's of cool new and of'course Innovative stuff coming up too!

Old 04-03-2016, 01:31 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Anybody have any videos of this system for the 991.2turbo? Any flybys? Thank you in advance for those who can and will post them!

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 04-03-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Hi 1
Google "Porsche 991 Turbo Kline SamboTT By Design"
There's a few Catted as well as decat. I also have more so feel free to contact me and I can help you with options and questions.

We have several variations in stock as well as equal length manifolds!

Cheers

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 04-03-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:46 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi 1
Google "Porsche 991 Turbo Kline SamboTT By Design"
There's a few Catted as well as decat. I also have more so feel free to contact me and I can help you with options and questions.

We have several variations in stock as well as equal length manifolds!

Cheers
Thank you for those referrals, sir. For me, I'll be interested in some sort of catted version for the street as I'm in CA. I'll check these out. Thanks again.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Awesome! I would love to take care of you. I'm in Los Angeles. We have HJS 100, 200cel cats as well as EEC. Whatever fits your bill. The gray car without the bumper has 100's on it and it's a 70mm. Check those out and if you'd like you can even text me. I can send you more stuff to help you narrow down but the best thing is usually a nice conversation. And I'll stand behind you with support to switch out whatever you need if we need to go in any direction from the first try. There's so much flexibility! Usually after a good discussion I've been able to get guys right where you need to be. Videos help but it's hard to base a decision off of them alone.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome! I would love to take care of you. I'm in Los Angeles. We have HJS 100, 200cel cats as well as EEC. Whatever fits your bill. The gray car without the bumper has 100's on it and it's a 70mm. Check those out and if you'd like you can even text me. I can send you more stuff to help you narrow down but the best thing is usually a nice conversation. And I'll stand behind you with support to switch out whatever you need if we need to go in any direction from the first try. There's so much flexibility! Usually after a good discussion I've been able to get guys right where you need to be. Videos help but it's hard to base a decision off of them alone.
Thanks again. And yes, nothing like hearing the real deal with one's ears vs whatever was captured by a camera mic...I'm not ready to move fwd yet but will reach out accordingly. Thanks, SamboTT.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor
Never a rush mate, and my line's always open to help out and answer any questions. The SamboTT Guarantee is there to give you confidence when you are ready.