Back to the track - ran 10.10's @ 135 plus on stock Pirellis!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:00 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Back to the track - ran 10.10's @ 135 plus on stock Pirellis!!!

Hello...

Earlier this summer I publicly shared my 991TTS goals: to run mid to low 10.'s under stage 1, then 10.10's or quicker under stage 2...ALL on stock Pirellis.

Some of you felt my goals were nothing but pipe dreams. A few doubters became believers after seeing my stage 1 tune only ALL ELSE BONE STOCK low 10.40's and high 10.30's results

I have been working with Sam @ ByDesign...he [Cobb] was the only tuner willing to help me achieve my goals. I pretty much shared my ideas with Sam; he was very eager to oblige. Together we laid a simple modding plan: Kline catless exhaust system, ByDesign intercoolers, BMC filter and custom tuning

Sam and I discussed and reviewed close to ten of my datalogs, customizing my maps for consistency, effectiveness and most importantly, safety. I jokingly told Sam that if my goals are achieved, he should call it the: ByDesign/E-Gear package.

Well...mission accomplished! We were rewarded with a 10.12@137 1st pass, backed by a 10.14@136 second pass....ALL ON STOCK PIRELLI TIRES....BOOYAH!

I will share a couple of little secrets...or reiterate on a few points:
*Datalog your car, communicate with your tuner; in this case Sam@ByDesign - he will customize a tune(s) for you.
*Pay attention to your tires Psi - set psi cold at home in garage/use quality digital gauge.
*Cool off your car and IC's properly - use water & ice cubes...it works!
*Run quality Top-Tier fuel or unleaded race fuel. Run with 1/4 tank or less whenever possible.
*Don't load up car with junk and don't visit a buffet before racing.
*Slip the guy or gal working the track starting line at least a $20 bill - if so, chances are you'll be rewarded with good surface prep for your runs.

10.0's...I'm coming for you. First, will need cooler weather and new rear Pirelli tires

Thanks,
E-Gear

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Going for the 10.0's.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	456214   Click image for larger version

Name:	ByDesign - E-Gear_rear shot.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	456217   Click image for larger version

Name:	E-GEAR Stage 2.5 Runs 1 & 2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	456218  
Old 08-13-2016, 05:31 AM
TeKiZeRo is on a distinguished road
Very nice!

What fuel did you use for the runs?

Old 08-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Great results... would you know what DA was ?

Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Hello...

Earlier this summer I publicly shared my 991TTS goals: to run mid to low 10.'s under stage 1, then 10.10's or quicker under stage 2...ALL on stock Pirellis.

Some of you felt my goals were nothing but pipe dreams. A few doubters became believers after seeing my stage 1 tune only ALL ELSE BONE STOCK low 10.40's and high 10.30's results

I have been working with Sam @ ByDesign...he [Cobb] was the only tuner willing to help me achieve my goals. I pretty much shared my ideas with Sam; he was very eager to oblige. Together we laid a simple modding plan: Kline catless exhaust system, ByDesign intercoolers, BMC filter and custom tuning

Sam and I discussed and reviewed close to ten of my datalogs, customizing my maps for consistency, effectiveness and most importantly, safety. I jokingly told Sam that if my goals are achieved, he should call it the: ByDesign/E-Gear package.

Well...mission accomplished! We were rewarded with a 10.12@137 1st pass, backed by a 10.14@136 second pass....ALL ON STOCK PIRELLI TIRES....BOOYAH!

I will share a couple of little secrets...or reiterate on a few points:
*Datalog your car, communicate with your tuner; in this case Sam@ByDesign - he will customize a tune(s) for you.
*Pay attention to your tires Psi - set psi cold at home in garage/use quality digital gauge.
*Cool off your car and IC's properly - use water & ice cubes...it works!
*Run quality Top-Tier fuel or unleaded race fuel. Run with 1/4 tank or less whenever possible.
*Don't load up car with junk and don't visit a buffet before racing.
*Slip the guy or gal working the track starting line at least a $20 bill - if so, chances are you'll be rewarded with good surface prep for your runs.

10.0's...I'm coming for you. First, will need cooler weather and new rear Pirelli tires

Thanks,
E-Gear
Wow, awesome times Carlos congrats and I Can hardly beleive that 1.46 60ft time, that thing sticks like glue! Cooler weather should net you 10.0 for sure

Old 08-13-2016, 07:35 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Congrats on mission accomplished!

Great ET and even traps for such little done!

What fuel where you running?

Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Don't visit the buffet before

My friend I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but I'm always up for a challenge. You've been awesome to work with and brought a lot of passion/experience to the table. It was a lot of fun and I was really pumped when you texted me your accomplishment! Great job my man you did what you said you would…and we will get the times even lower because it was hot as heck out there.

That is for sure the fastest car I've ever seen or heard of with no turbochargers or nitrous. Especially on stock Perilli tires! She's running strong!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:21 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats guys - I love seeing the the bar continually raised. Well done!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo
Very nice!

What fuel did you use for the runs?

Te4kiZeRo,

I mixed 5 gallons of Sonoco 104 GT+ with roughly 2 gallons of Shell 93oct and drove to the track...~45miles.

Thanks brotha...
E-Gear

Old 08-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Nanook
Great results... would you know what DA was ?
Nanook...

I believe DA was between 2600 and 2700. My cell weather said 40% or so humidity, but I swear it felt stickier...It was muggy as crap. Cell phones apps don't always update as fast, especially when in the boonies.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 08-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Wow, awesome times Carlos congrats and I Can hardly beleive that 1.46 60ft time, that thing sticks like glue! Cooler weather should net you 10.0 for sure
Thanks Mark

Lane prep was money. And it helps running right behind a BIG slick car as well. Our shoes wanted to come off...it was that sticky.

I asked Sam to tune my car for mid to top punch...I wanted to leave the bottom/LC as much as stock as possible.

I knew we were onto something as we street datalogged my maps as we moved forward and being able to launch from stop lights with almost zero spin.

Sam would tell ya...I wanted to gain the power necessary to achieve my goals, but mainly from mid to top. We played with RPM ranges, cylinder loads, VGT this and that and so on. That is the beauty of working with a tuner who is willing to work with you side-by-side as you are well aware.

I'm telling ya, your would bust a 9.48 with a 1.46...track prep is so important. Befriend those track workers....I do. If you recall, when prep is money here, my car was cutting consistent 1.49 to 1.50 flat, and that was with no extra mods - just stage 1 tune.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 08-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Congrats on mission accomplished!

Great ET and even traps for such little done!

What fuel where you running?

Thanks brotha Bobby

I mixed 5 gallons of 104 Sonoco GT+ with 2 gallons of Shell 93oct.

I think with greater exhaust efficiency (adding headers) and thus better heat control we may be able to run straight 93oct and achieve similar results...you are a racer, I think you know what I mean. Otherwise, I just run straight 104GT+ gas for the track.

Originally Posted by Stage7
Congrats guys - I love seeing the the bar continually raised. Well done!
Thanks man.

We are currently thinking of what can be done next. As mentioned right above...perhaps adding headers, re-tweak maps and thus a true stage 3 set up. It is hard to mess with this current set up...but are greedy *****.

E-Gear

Old 08-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Don't visit the buffet before

My friend I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but I'm always up for a challenge. You've been awesome to work with and brought a lot of passion/experience to the table. It was a lot of fun and I was really pumped when you texted me your accomplishment! Great job my man you did what you said you would…and we will get the times even lower because it was hot as heck out there.

That is for sure the fastest car I've ever seen or heard of with no turbochargers or nitrous. Especially on stock Perilli tires! She's running strong!

Thanks for ALL your help. You did 80% of the work. I just installed, logged and drove.

I knew this was a strong car after my first night of doing my style of break-in: going out super late one night and...manually shift 1 thru 4 gears from 0 rpms to red line three to five times straight under each mode (normal, sports and sport plus)...change oil/filter and done! Car will run strong. And yeah, letting the oil warm up each and every time you drive it

Wait, is this really the fastest stock Pirelli tires / stock turbo car out there? if so, then mark this as another grand slam hit for YOU and the Cobb team. The set up WORKS!!!

Cooler weather should improve things for us.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 08-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Thank you to some of you guys for the congratulatory PM’s.

However, works is not done...additional test/tune is comingup. If weather permits, we will be visiting our local 1/8 mile track this Saturday night. This track is typically stickier vs our local 1/4 track…although I do not anticipate improving on those 1.488 and 1.462 60’times last Friday night. However, it is worth noting, that particular 1/8 mile track did provide me with a couple of 1.49 60’ times and many flat 1.50 60’ times when the car only had a stage 1 tune and nothing more. Now that we have a little more HP with roughly the down low grip agencies, who knows what’s in the tank for us…I will need to re-visit tires psi settings.

The far the forecast looks promising – cooler and dry in the mid to low 70’s; a huge improvement from the 100+ temps these past three weeks. We are shooting for at least flat 6.50’s…but hoping for 6.48’s. For those of you not in the know, your 1/8 mile times are usually calculated in the following mannerto achieve your estimated 1/4 mile run: 1/8mile time (multiplied) by 1.56 = Quarter mile time.

Most of my personal 1/4 mile runs fall between the 1.555 and 1.56 multiplier range. Case in point, my above recent runs: performing the math to determine 1/8 mile multiplier: 1/4 mile ET divided by 1/8 mile ET: 10.148 / 6.505 = 1.560 & 10.120 / 6.510 = 1.555.

We are goingto the 1/8 mile track to further verify/back up my recent 1/4 mile runs. Why? Because that is how I roll. I like testing in the streets and both 1/4 & 1/8mile tracks...never relaying in one single measuring tool.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 08-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
That is a great time! Great job!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Again, that is a super impressive time AND MPH. I'm probably more surprised with the mph on stock turbos and no meth. (is that correct regarding the meth?) I think that's the highest mph I've seen on stock turbos iirc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back to the track - ran 10.10's @ 135 plus on stock Pirellis!!!