New Panamera TTS e-hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
New Panamera TTS e-hybrid

Thoughts on trade of 991.2 TTS trade (minimal hit on trade) towards new Panny TTS e-hybrid? I drove the new 17 panny turbo and the chassis is excellent, and since i'm offered excellent trade my wheels are spinning in my head. I mainly use car for daily driving, not on track much. I have wife/2 kids so it would be more usable. Spirited driving on mountain roads, the panny seems to feel close to 911 in curves. The comfort of the car and new interior are great. Anyone with any e-hybrid experience? Thx

Old 05-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
If you have a Tesla P100D, I can't see how the Panny wouldnt be redundant.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
My wife drives the Tesla, Panny would be my daily driver. Cayenne for hauling, winter storms, etc.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:29 PM
mhorton79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you aware that the TTS E-Hybrid will be order only?

Old 05-10-2017, 06:19 AM
Yes, I would have a Oct build. Sounds like an excellent powertrain. Porsche had to detune it as it was more powerful than the 918. Supposedly good for over a thousand horsepower. It seems to be an excellent vehicle with minimal compromises.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I would do it. Seems like the best of both worlds for you.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Botox
Thoughts on trade of 991.2 TTS trade (minimal hit on trade) towards new Panny TTS e-hybrid? I drove the new 17 panny turbo and the chassis is excellent, and since i'm offered excellent trade my wheels are spinning in my head. I mainly use car for daily driving, not on track much. I have wife/2 kids so it would be more usable. Spirited driving on mountain roads, the panny seems to feel close to 911 in curves. The comfort of the car and new interior are great. Anyone with any e-hybrid experience? Thx
No experience with e-Hybrid but everyone I have spoken with who has driven a 2018 Panamera 4 e-Hybrid says they are superb. So I'm sure the PTS will be amazing.

You're right - the new Panamera is excellent in the curves.

I think it would be a great choice for you.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the positive inputs, think I will move forward. Same powertrain will eventually make it into the next generation Cayenne as well.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:09 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I've test driven a ehybrid 2017 cayenne S and they are too slow, even for my wife (who drives very slow). I hope the Panamera sorts that out, otherwise you'll want to test drive or you may be disappointed. I've never heard of the TTS hybrid, hopefully it's great because I like the concept of fuel efficient technology, but I've been let down when I try it out.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:45 PM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
I've test driven a ehybrid 2017 cayenne S and they are too slow, even for my wife (who drives very slow). I hope the Panamera sorts that out, otherwise you'll want to test drive or you may be disappointed. I've never heard of the TTS hybrid, hopefully it's great because I like the concept of fuel efficient technology, but I've been let down when I try it out.
It will be 3-4 seconds slower to 200km/hr than the 911 TTS . Huuuuge weight delta from the hybrid tech and not a lot of benefit power wise . I'm not a fan of 6,000 pound behemoths .

Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 PM
mhorton79 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Panamera Turbo S hybrid is gonna be insane.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
From all the facts and tests published so far that is a completely different animal. The Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid is a detuned 4-door 918. It looks like the Cayenne Turbo S e-hybrid will be released a year after.

Great times for enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:29 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Smaller electric motor. The ones on both of the new Panamera eHybrids have twice as much power.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
Botox- congrats and good luck. I just ordered an 18 991.2 TTS. Traded my 16 TTS. Had 3 Pana's prior. Great cars. I'm not convinced on the new panamera, YET. I think the interior absolutely insanely gorgeous. Not a single issue (except rather see real glass for the center console). Outside is an improvement but still looks a little "average" to me. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten spoiled by Porsche these past 5 years and expect great things. I have a deposit, I believe the very first at least locally, on the mission e and we shall see about that one but I think the panamera will be a huge winner.

I did like the drive. It didn't feel quite as good as the older models in my opinion, BUT, I also didn't have a 911 until after those. So going back is quite a big difference from the 911 TTS. That said, I think it handled better than the 911 on some highway off ramps (rounded) and less or no understeer. I came within seconds of trading for a turbo but ended up going the 911 route again. Maybe next time. You'll have to tell me how awesome it is.

You said you didn't take much of a hit. I don't hold cars too long so may I ask approximately what the hit was vs msrp and your cost, and how long did you have it? You can PM me if more comfortable.

In any case, Let us know how you like the hybrid turbo s. (The name alone sounds like a beast!lol)

Old 05-22-2017, 07:00 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
The back end will read: Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid- that's a mouthful (and an absolute BEAST)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.