Race gas equivalent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 05:08 AM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
Race gas equivalent

Hi guys
I have difficulty getting race gas here for drag racing so was wondering it I put enough octane boosters into a tank of gas would it be equivalent to race gas and thereby allowing me to use maps written for race gas only?
If so how many bottles would it take for 93 octane to get to that level?
Thanks.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:39 AM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
Try the Torco Octane booster. On my 997.2 with Softronic Tune it truly gave me
what I needed.

Jay

Old 09-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTS
Hi guys
I have difficulty getting race gas here for drag racing so was wondering it I put enough octane boosters into a tank of gas would it be equivalent to race gas and thereby allowing me to use maps written for race gas only?
If so how many bottles would it take for 93 octane to get to that level?
Thanks.
Lots of guys have been running for VP Racing Octanium. Good for eight points so you could say 6 and play it safe and you're still OK with 93 octane. I don't know if I would want that to be your permanent solution but I think you can do it for some track sprints. You could also data log and verify to be sure. At least the stuff is much better than some of the other additives on the market. Too many chemicals and they are good for the car. It's funny some clean 30 points

The logs I have seen where it was used responsibly look pretty good.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Try VP Octanium, I logged with it over the weekend and without it, but kept my 93 map. Saw some difference, but nothing huge that would justify to use my 109 map.

Manuel

Old 09-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
everyone is missing the obvious point. he want s to run octane booster on pump gas to run a race gas file. it wont work safely since pump fuel has to many inconsistences and race fuel doesnt
I understood what he said, that is why I specifically said. Also, Sam is also not saying that it is permanent substitute for a higher octane map.

"...nothing huge that would justify to use my 109 map."

Manuel

Last edited by Boosted TTS; 09-04-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
More octane always helps no matter what to an extent. You actually could run it and log the 100 octane off-the-shelf map which is not super aggressive. If it needs an adjustment we can do it because there's lots of guys who just don't have access so we do what we can with what we have while monitoring for safety. We also have some "spicy" 93 maps you can run the booster with but like I said a generic 100 map can usually handle 93+ booster but I would monitor for safety. Also I wouldn't run it all the time just occasionally because you don't want to be constantly wearing about checking. You can also have the access port monitoring up to six things at a time. At the end of every run it'll give you a minimum and maximum for example of knock counts and such. I'm here to help if I can.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-04-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:27 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Methanol injection is for you.

Running aquamist with 2 nozzles (1+1.2) with 98ron pump (93 us eq.) is like running ms109 without meth. Tested on same car same dyno.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys for all your feedback and Sam too. I was concerned about octane booster claims ie is 4 points 4 octane points or 0.4 octane points.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor
I agree with the meth these cars love it. but it is a little high maintenance on this type of car and perhaps just as hard for you to get. Log it with the correct stage 100 OTS map and send over. I will gladly go over it with you.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:06 PM
135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of
If you are committed to running a 100+ map, why not get a local fuel distributor to deliver a drum of race fuel to you occasionally.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:25 AM
TTS
Wonder if the new PDK maps from Cobb would work better with these 100 maps than stock thereby producing better times?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
We've had some really outstanding results with the PDK software. Everything happens faster and firmer. Just think of it as a GT3 in that respect. The cars put down more power, have less of a hesitation and slip especially with higher power trying to shift from first gear to second. The shifts are physically executed faster. Also the response to your input on the paddles is faster, you get more RPM and many many other awesome features. Feel free to reach out and I can set you up to give it a try with a full guarantee. You're going to start seeing lots of great reviews on it including one just put up from a gentleman who switched from another tuner to the Cobb access port with PDK software just above or below this thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.