CAT BYPASS PIPES FOR 991.1 & 991.2 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by _ace_

I do wonder what kind of deafening sound you’d have with the Sharkwerks muffler delete plus cat bypass pipes - basically straight pipes. The turbocharger is a muffler, right? 😁
I have never used that combination. What I can positively tell you is that you will make more horsepower with the stock muffler and cat bypass compared to the Sharkwerks exhaust and stock cats. It'll be a lot quieter but it will also make over 20 HP more.

The power these cars make from just adding the cat bypass is amazing. It also gives you noticeably quicker spool up time on the turbos. Add a tune to the cat bypass pipes and you will be making well over 700HP crank.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 AM
991ttpines is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello I have a couple of questions.

I have a cobb ap with stock exhaust with a custom tune. If I go catless will I have to flash a new tune? And if so where can I get the tune from?

Looking for a deeper more aggressive sound with out breaking the bank on a full exhuast. Was looking to add a sharkwerks muffler or FVD along with this catless option, but if I can get a change in exhaust note with just going catless that would be great!

Do you have any sound clips with stock muffler and cat by pass?

How Is the exhaust fume smell on scale 1-10? with 1 being stock little or no smell and 10 being at every red light or stop smell will be noticeable while driving.

Install question. Does the rear bumper have to come off for installation of cat bypass pipe?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 991ttpines
Hello I have a couple of questions.

I have a cobb ap with stock exhaust with a custom tune. If I go catless will I have to flash a new tune? And if so where can I get the tune from?

Looking for a deeper more aggressive sound with out breaking the bank on a full exhuast. Was looking to add a sharkwerks muffler or FVD along with this catless option, but if I can get a change in exhaust note with just going catless that would be great!

Do you have any sound clips with stock muffler and cat by pass?

How Is the exhaust fume smell on scale 1-10? with 1 being stock little or no smell and 10 being at every red light or stop smell will be noticeable while driving.

Install question. Does the rear bumper have to come off for installation of cat bypass pipe?

Thanks in advance
We can supply you with a custom tune for the Cobb that is designed to work with these downpipes or you can talk with Sam from By Design and he can set you up with that as well.

I do not notice any exhaust smell with these on so I would say we are on the very low side of that scale.

We take the bumper off to do the install but I do hear of other people =doing it with the bumper still on. We take the extra time to take it all apart.

I can look for a sound clip but this upgrade is more of a power upgrade rather than a sound upgrade.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:27 PM
991ttpines is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
We can supply you with a custom tune for the Cobb that is designed to work with these downpipes or you can talk with Sam from By Design and he can set you up with that as well.

I do not notice any exhaust smell with these on so I would say we are on the very low side of that scale.

We take the bumper off to do the install but I do hear of other people =doing it with the bumper still on. We take the extra time to take it all apart.

I can look for a sound clip but this upgrade is more of a power upgrade rather than a sound upgrade.

PM sent

Old 07-14-2018, 01:46 AM
pfl
pfl is on a distinguished road
Can you please dm me a time slot I can bring the car for an install if this if you have one in stock?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pfl
Can you please dm me a time slot I can bring the car for an install if this if you have one in stock?
PM Sent

Old 07-24-2018, 09:16 PM
mgz911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will these pipes fit into a a Tubi exhaust system ?
Thanks.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mgz911
Will these pipes fit into a a Tubi exhaust system ?
Thanks.
Any aftermarket exhaust that bolts up to the stock cat will work with our bypass pipes.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:23 PM
pfl
Just had this installed by the folks @ World Motorsports. Loving it so far. Next step is a custom tune for me.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 PM
BenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to behold
Pfl what type of sound difference are you hearing if any?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:01 PM
pfl
Ben,

The car sounds almost stock when driving normally. Once going full throttle, it's louder noticeably but also pops and crackles are loud, especially when letting off gas at high RPMs after a run. Very loud pop.

Originally Posted by BenTT
Pfl what type of sound difference are you hearing if any?