Has ANYONE dyno'd

Old 07-05-2018, 08:39 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi,

You can't go wrong with either, By Design or Champion Motorsports products or customer service. Shop wise, Champion Motorsports is your one stop shop, Tom is no-nonsense guy that is always open to help and guide you...as is Sam with his 24/7 customer service.

What are you talking about, have you ever talked or dealt with Tom??? Sorry, but your statement is full of ****...my father always taught me if you don't have anything good to say or don't have the knowledge, don't say it!

Hi Adam,

How are you buddy...have to say both Mitch and Sam have fine tuned my beast and the numbers and kills are there to prove it, not saying that Emre is not a good tuner, but Mitch/Sam are also top notch...actually at the last TRUE 1/2 mile event in Florida that we were both there, meaning Cobb (Mitch/Sam) tune vs Cobb (Emre-71mm snails), 175.5 vs 172 or 173 mph. Plus if I am not mistaken the TRUE 1/2 mile record in the US is owned by a Cobb car tuned by Mitch/Sam, there is bunch of other details, but you know were I am getting at. Good teams on both ends.

Take care,

Manuel
To say Emre isn’t a good tuner is like saying the sun won’t come up in the east tomorrow morning... he’s the best Porsche tuner in the game right now, period. Mitch tuned my Mclaren, and Jon tuned my Porsche, both run well... but in my honest opinion they’re too conservative in their tuning approach. There isn’t anything wrong with that, in fact I think it’s an intelligent approach, however if you want to go as fast as possible you have to be more aggressive in the tune. (Not for the masses).

I had had an issue with my TTS running out of fuel between 2nd and 3rd gears and it caused a studder or a hesitation and no one could figure out... except Emre.

I PROMISE I don’t want to start a pissing match between who the “best” is, because I love love love the COBB guys. (Personal reasons) I owe Mitch and Jon big time for coming to my rescue, but please don’t demimish the accomplishments of the AIM/Emre cars. I was at Wanna Go Fast this past April and their TTS cars kicked ***.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra

To say Emre isn’t a good tuner is like saying the sun won’t come up in the east tomorrow morning... he’s the best Porsche tuner in the game right now, period. Mitch tuned my Mclaren, and Jon tuned my Porsche, both run well... but in my honest opinion they’re too conservative in their tuning approach. There isn’t anything wrong with that, in fact I think it’s an intelligent approach, however if you want to go as fast as possible you have to be more aggressive in the tune. (Not for the masses).

I had had an issue with my TTS running out of fuel between 2nd and 3rd gears and it caused a studder or a hesitation and no one could figure out... except Emre.

I PROMISE I don’t want to start a pissing match between who the “best” is, because I love love love the COBB guys. (Personal reasons) I owe Mitch and Jon big time for coming to my rescue, but please don’t demimish the accomplishments of the AIM/Emre cars. I was at Wanna Go Fast this past April and their TTS cars kicked ***.
Hi,

Please carefully read my reply, it just states that both Emre and Mitch/Sam are both good teams to be on, I was clarifying with Adam about his statement that Emre was the only good Cobb tuner. By the way, Emre worked with one of my best friends to tune a 991.2 TTS in PR, and did a great job with the car!

Manuel

Old 07-05-2018, 09:36 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. It’s a great time to be a Porsche owner with a need for speed.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:30 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi,

Please carefully read my reply, it just states that both Emre and Mitch/Sam are both good teams to be on, I was clarifying with Adam about his statement that Emre was the only good Cobb tuner. By the way, Emre worked with one of my best friends to tune a 991.2 TTS in PR, and did a great job with the car!

Manuel
Hey Brother hope all is well. Your car is doing great congrats! Glad it is all sorted. So much fun when they are running perfect 100%.

I think at the event you went the ES team had some turbo issues. But they fixed it and then posted a 176 vbox and then back to another half mile event up to 178 just bolt ons on their ES750 setup. That was with Ark Ady's car. So they have two ES750 991's doing this and I will admit way outta my league.

I do run in a different environment and it tends to be warmer in fact my 174 and 173.5 back to back runs was over 90 degrees F. We haven't had a cool day for Shift Sector in a long time maybe 2 years. So it's a bit tricky to get the power/traps out here. But still I'm down quite a bit of power and If I wanted to push then ES has shown not only here but worldwide they have done a fantastic job.....and they arent my tuner but I have to give respect where it's due.

We've had some good development but I also have to be honest that this platform is also soooo far behind that even the built motor 991 at Shift Sector's pikes peak event turning 193 was nothing special for that event maybe 40-50 cars posting higher traps. So for me if I wanted to push then it would need to be another platform altogether. But hey in the meantime I will still enjoy the car on the street / track it's such an amazing machine.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by longboarder
We've had some good development but I also have to be honest that this platform is also soooo far behind that even the built motor 991 at Shift Sector's pikes peak event turning 193 was nothing special for that event maybe 40-50 cars posting higher traps. So for me if I wanted to push then it would need to be another platform altogether. But hey in the meantime I will still enjoy the car on the street / track it's such an amazing machine.
Totally agree, Adam. Anything higher than a FBO setup on a Porsche and it's like the Twilight zone with only limited people with their own proprietary data that they won't share which is totally understandable but frustrating for the regular Joe like me. Where-as you can go on GTRlife and buy a 1000hp+ GT-R for $70k and there's tons of data available publicly if you wanted to build it yourself. There's a few guys in Hawaii that went that route and they are ultra fast. I'm just hoping my car will be able to keep up with some of the quickest. Otherwise, i'm loving the exclusivity and uniqueness of owning a very quick Porsche while enjoying the cooled seats and Burmester audio.

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 07-07-2018 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:51 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Totally agree, Adam. Anything higher than a FBO setup on a Porsche and it's like the Twilight zone with only limited people with their own proprietary data that they won't share which is totally understandable but frustrating for the regular Joe like me. Where-as you can go on GTRlife and buy a 1000hp+ GT-R for $70k. There's a few guys in Hawaii that went that route and they are ultra fast. I'm just hoping my car will be able to keep up with some of the quickest. Otherwise, i'm loving the exclusivity and uniqueness of owning a very quick Porsche while enjoying the cooled seats and Burmester audio.
At the end of the day I would not trade my Porsche for a GTR regardless of the power it has

I think the OP's questions was geared more at a Stage one car and which shop was the best option to go to

I do not think his question was whether this platform was the best or most cost effective to break speed records

Speaking as someone who has broken speed records it costs a lot of money and in the end you wind up with a car that is no loner fun to drive on the street. Everything is a compromise and to me the idea when it comes to Porsche the idea is to enjoy some of the low hanging fruit power wise that will not break the bank and which leaves the car with 90% of its stock like feel while going a lot faster than before

After you take the low hanging easy options you start to get into the stuff that costs a lot of money and creates more and more problems and issues

Finally - picking the right tuner based upon which one has the fastest car in the 1/2 mile or the mile is not very smart. Of course this has been the game for years and years in the import field. However, for someone doing a stage 1 or a stage 2 car you may get better customer service from a tuner who is not loading a big rig and preparing 6 figure builds for big events. It does not take a PHd to tuen a stage 1 or 2 car and sell you some parts. I would go with the one who has the best customer service feedback on the forums and the most happy customers and the least disaster stories

Last edited by 08957; 07-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:09 PM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
> in the end you wind up with a car that is no loner fun to drive on the street

For me, this is the reason I have never looked into something like the GT-R. I have had those cars in my past and regretted them. It's more fun going very fast with a car that shouldn't be as fast as it is, than spending giga-bucks to build a car that is the fastest around... for a couple of runs, before it needs a rebuild.

I totally agree with all of this post. I will probably do a One Lap of America run next year and I expect to be in the top 15, with very few mods. Because I'd rather invest my time in being a good driver and really pushing the car I have, than hoping for ridiculous power that is a) dangerous and b) likely to cause issues. And I say top 15 because there is no way I am going to spend $100K++ to drive all the tracks in advance for a competitive advantage, that is against the spirit of the event (yes I know many have done this and it sucks).

PS: if it's a go for me I will be calling out the Turbo 911 squad next spring.

Last edited by solipsistik; 07-06-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:18 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by solipsistik
It's more fun going very fast with a car that shouldn't be as fast as it is, than spending giga-bucks to build a car that is the fastest around... for a couple of runs, before it needs a rebuild.

This sums it all up. Before I was buying cars to modify and make them faster than a Porsche and wound up with a pile of garbage that went very fast

Now I have a Porsche and having it go significantly faster is good but not interested in being the fastest or breaking any records in the process

Driving a Porsche is about the experience and the feel. That is why even the very slow ones are still to this day very sought after cars. Just because we drive the fastest of the breed does not mean we have to totally destroy the car in the process

Main point for the OP - who ever is the fastest does not mean they are the one who will give you the best customer experience

Who ever wants to spend the most money will always be the fastest

Very few guys like Eddie Bello who were true racers that enjoyed their car as a daily driver - drove to and from the track as a sportsman and who did it for year after year after year

Old 07-07-2018, 02:27 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 08957
At the end of the day I would not trade my Porsche for a GTR regardless of the power it has
Me too

Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Totally agree, Adam. Anything higher than a FBO setup on a Porsche and it's like the Twilight zone with only limited people with their own proprietary data that they won't share which is totally understandable but frustrating for the regular Joe like me. Where-as you can go on GTRlife and buy a 1000hp+ GT-R for $70k and there's tons of data available publicly if you wanted to build it yourself. There's a few guys in Hawaii that went that route and they are ultra fast. I'm just hoping my car will be able to keep up with some of the quickest. Otherwise, i'm loving the exclusivity and uniqueness of owning a very quick Porsche while enjoying the cooled seats and Burmester audio.
At your power level I think if you find a set of R888 for the rear and run then in the low 30 psi range you won't have any trouble with those 1XXX GTRs since you have no prepped surfaces. The initial massive traction advantage of your car will get you out in front at least from a dig. A roll might be tough unless you negotiate 25-30mph max speed first gear. Those GTRs have to manually shift and lose ground so the more they have to shift the better off you are.