Toyo R888R tire review - first drive - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Toyo R888R tire review - first drive

Old 10-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Toyo R888R tire review - first drive

Just quick Toyo R888R tire review copy and pasted from my Instagram page

Installed the Toyo R888R tires on all four corners and took her for a spin around a lightly damp H3 Freeway. The tires are fairly quiet, but not completely quiet as some reviews may imply. There’s a vibration upon low speed deceleration. And it does have a fairly light “cupped” tire sound (or mud bogger tire sound) especially on freshly paved roads that I can hear above my exhaust noise. But I’m surprised how minimal the sound and vibration is. And it’s very reasonable given the tires performance. Hopefully these last for a decent amount of time. Hoping for 1.5 sec or lower 60ft and 9 sec 1/4mi performance on the street. Dragy GPS data coming soon

Old 10-20-2018, 09:31 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Looking forward to it.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 AM
prodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond repute
I drove a 991.2 with these on it and they were LOUD, howled a lot. I think alignment settings come into play here too.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
It's been a week since having these installed...

Am i regretting it? NO.

But is it quiet? NO!

Would i buy them again? Probably. But most likely only as a secondary tire. I'm currently daily driving them on the factory wheels.

They definitely howl a fair amount like what Prodigy said. For me, it's easily tolerable, but my tolerances are pretty high. As i mentioned to many friends, this car is so soft and comfortable, it's like a Cadillac that hauls like a jet. So adding some howling tires is not a big deal to me, but i can definitely see it being an issue for others. So be aware of the howl.

It lightly rained a couple days ago and it was very stable. If you drive like everyone else in light rain, meaning a little more cautiously, you'll be fine. If you drive like a Porsche driver in rain, you might crash. If you're out and get caught in rain, this tire will get you home. But I wouldn't take it out if i know it will rain or if it's currently raining. This scenario was in light rain and i would not recommend driving in anything more than that.

Otherwise i think this is a accurate review of the Toyo R888R's and there's not much more to report. Only other thing i'm worried about is tire noise getting worse with age so i'll check back in on that later

Old 10-28-2018, 07:11 AM
SSinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks harry!!! I just ordered a set as well! It makes me feel a lot better about my choice!

Old 11-10-2018, 11:00 AM
mr dw has a spectacular aura aboutmr dw has a spectacular aura about
I just got my set in too. I waiting a LONG time on back order... like 4 months. I will be using them as a secondary "race" tire. Keeping the OE michelins for daily use.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:53 AM
SCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond reputeSCvet00 has a reputation beyond repute
Any of you put them on the rears only and keep the oem fronts?