New VTG Turbo standing 1/2 mile World Record

Old 10-31-2018, 11:13 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
New VTG Turbo standing 1/2 mile US Record

( Edit this not a world record and the 178.75 US record holder is not accepting the timing from the event so it’s just a 179.07 run that didn’t happen lol ) I had a great weekend at Shift Sector, my car kicked *** all weekend long Every run with just me in it was over 177mph. I took a few passengers for rides which were my bottom 3 times. The car ran Flawless all weekend long my first run on the set up was the 177 run my last run of the weekend 179.00 was against Anthony Taylor in his 997.1 beast for the German car shoot out. We have had alot of issues to overcome with this car and all the work that we have done I just want to thank Sam as he was always there for me took care of so many things that needed his time and attention, there was a lot of frustration on my part for not having my car at many events but we were trying new things and were literally doing R&D for this platform, there are a few parts now available for purchase from many companies that were designed and or tested on this car. On race day I didn't have a team of people with me I brought my car with my truck and my family and a friend, I never had to turn a wrench I just put fuel in and drove. I can honestly saw there was not a car there more consistent then mine look at the times. The day wasn't the day to set records it was a warm day with little wind besides a slight head wind or side wind Sunday afternoon.

Stock wheels
5 gallon meth tank 1/2 full
1/2 to 3/8 gas tank
sparco seats
5 point harness
GMG roll bar
light battery

I will scale my car soon but I have to think with the roll bar probably negates the 2 seats, as the seats are not carbon and have a heavy slider. The Da was around 1900 and 84 degrees for my 179 run.

Last edited by Markblackwell; 11-03-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Congrats Mark. Looking forward to what comes next on the Agate Animal. Will you be at the next year spring event?

Old 10-31-2018, 02:32 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Mark, we know you've been through a long haul blazing trails with your build. I'm looking forward to saying congrats again when you break 180.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:46 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Congrats Mark..she's certainly getting a nasty attitude (dyno video)

Old 10-31-2018, 03:03 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Congrats Mark. Looking forward to what comes next on the Agate Animal. Will you be at the next year spring event?
Thank you Ive put about 600 miles on the set up as of now and its just awesome to drive around the twisties as well, Yes I will be at the April Event are you going to go ?? its a fun time

Originally Posted by Stage7
Congrats Mark, we know you've been through a long haul blazing trails with your build. I'm looking forward to saying congrats again when you break 180.
thank you I'm pretty sure shes got 180 in her there is another event next weekend and I am signed up for so !!

Originally Posted by Nanook
Congrats Mark..she's certainly getting a nasty attitude (dyno video)
Shes totally got an attitude with R888 at the airstrip its really tricky to launch with out blowing the tires off. I just roll on the throttle easy and shift early Im in 3rd gear by 40 mph and just let the massive torque this car has pull it,

Old 10-31-2018, 07:27 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
I had a great weekend at Shift Sector, my car kicked *** all weekend long Every run with just me in it was over 177mph. I took a few passengers for rides which were my bottom 3 times. The car ran Flawless all weekend long my first run on the set up was the 177 run my last run of the weekend 179.00 was against Anthony Taylor in his 997.1 beast for the German car shoot out. We have had alot of issues to overcome with this car and all the work that we have done I just want to thank Sam as he was always there for me took care of so many things that needed his time and attention, there was a lot of frustration on my part for not having my car at many events but we were trying new things and were literally doing R&D for this platform, there are a few parts now available for purchase from many companies that were designed and or tested on this car. On race day I didn't have a team of people with me I brought my car with my truck and my family and a friend, I never had to turn a wrench I just put fuel in and drove. I can honestly saw there was not a car there more consistent then mine look at the times. The day wasn't the day to set records it was a warm day with little wind besides a slight head wind or side wind Sunday afternoon.

Stock wheels
5 gallon meth tank 1/2 full
1/2 to 3/8 gas tank
sparco seats
5 point harness
GMG roll bar
light battery

I will scale my car soon but I have to think with the roll bar probably negates the 2 seats, as the seats are not carbon and have a heavy slider. The Da was around 1900 and 84 degrees for my 179 run.
Hey MB wanted to chime in and Congratulate you on getting her dialed in. Personally, I think there is more there!
Im sure you're just happy to have her back together and kicking butt!

I've always said the sweet spot is a By Design Stage 4 VTG bolt on 9 second 1/4 mile build trapping 175-180 in the half mile. Pound for Pound untouchable!

Old 10-31-2018, 07:40 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Great runs. I am sure you had a blast.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
Great runs! But it's crazy that the Iroz rs3 with a pretty simple build, beat all these p-cars .... Really shows how potent that platform is.

​​

Old 11-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing Mark, sky’s the limit. I can’t agree more on the consistency of these cars, love it and about Sam, he always has our backs

Manuel

Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
us record

Originally Posted by Spec C
Great runs! But it's crazy that the Iroz rs3 with a pretty simple build, beat all these p-cars .... Really shows how potent that platform is.

​​
interesting statement where can I read more about this story? (Iroz rs3) I've heard bits and pieces about the prowess of an RS3, thanks

Last edited by arjayr33; 11-01-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typos....
Old 11-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by arjayr33
interesting statement where can I read more about this story? (Iroz rs3) I've heard bits and pieces about the prowess of an RS3, thanks
It's true. Go on Youtube and search Malaki Racing RS3 or IROZ RS3 and you'll find some crazy RS3 builds. Stock motor at just under 800hp to the wheels and built motor way above 1000. There's always a quicker car. But i'd rather have a 991 Turbo over a RS3 any day.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arjayr33
Drove 400 miles, ran full interior, and drove home..pretty impressive..
​​​​
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpfLMVjBNXB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4qihlrdb7gak

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
But i'd rather have a 991 Turbo over a RS3 any day.
​​​​​​Well no **** lol But hard to deny how great a platform the rs3 is..

At the end of the day we're comparing a $60k 4 door sedan with $15-$25k in mods to a $180-$200k car with double the amount of mods ... And the 991 got mopped up lol

Depends on the usage as well. Rs3 wins if you need back seats.... And in general a more usable daily driver for most people

Either way, I don't want to clutter up this thread.. Was just really impressed with that car.
​.

Last edited by Spec C; 11-01-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Nice Bro!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Drove 400 miles, ran full interior, and drove home..pretty impressive..
​​​​
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpfLMVjBNXB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4qihlrdb7gak

​​​​​​Well no **** lol But hard to deny how great a platform the rs3 is..

At the end of the day we're comparing a $60k 4 door sedan with $15-$25k in mods to a $180-$200k car with double the amount of mods ... And the 991 got mopped up lol

Depends on the usage as well. Rs3 wins if you need back seats.... And in general a more usable daily driver for most people

Either way, I don't want to clutter up this thread.. Was just really impressed with that car.
​.
There was one at the Wanna GO Fast event also running 167-168 mph, pretty darn good, BUT to each it’s own...you buy what you want and use it for whatever you want!

Manuel

Old 11-01-2018, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by White991TT
Hey MB wanted to chime in and Congratulate you on getting her dialed in. Personally, I think there is more there!
Im sure you're just happy to have her back together and kicking butt!

I've always said the sweet spot is a By Design Stage 4 VTG bolt on 9 second 1/4 mile build trapping 175-180 in the half mile. Pound for Pound untouchable!
Thanks Nigel

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Great runs. I am sure you had a blast.
thank you yes lots of fun

Im not sure how simple it is, but it huals *** gotta be a big turbo

​​
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Amazing Mark, sky’s the limit. I can’t agree more on the consistency of these cars, love it and about Sam, he always has our backs

Manuel
thanks Manuel looks like we need to go a little faster

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New VTG Turbo standing 1/2 mile World Record