California Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 01:44 PM
sdaley is on a distinguished road
California Exhaust

Love my new 991.2 Turbo S, all but the exhaust that is. Is there a TOTALY CARB compliant option out there for us Cali guys??

Old 11-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sdaley
Love my new 991.2 Turbo S, all but the exhaust that is. Is there a TOTALY CARB compliant option out there for us Cali guys??
Check out German aftermarket exhausts. Germany is now just as bad or worse than Calif.
Good Luck, they can take away our cars but not our guns, we need a second amendment for cars!!

Old 11-27-2018, 04:27 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I have SharkWerks' after-cat exhaust (http://roadsportsupply.com/sharkwerk...991-2-turbo-s/), it's after the cats, so there is no problem with SMOG - Really great sound, but I can't compare directly, because this was my only option . . . If you were closer, I would let you hear it, I love it

Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Shortline Tom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sdaley
Last week I took delivery of a new to me 2016 911 Turbo S and have the same exhaust related question. If you would share, I was curious to hear what you may have learned, or possibly even acquired to improve this situation. FYI, I live in Modesto, CA.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:24 AM
sdaley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Shortline Tom
Last week I took delivery of a new to me 2016 911 Turbo S and have the same exhaust related question. If you would share, I was curious to hear what you may have learned, or possibly even acquired to improve this situation. FYI, I live in Modesto, CA.
I think I have finally arrived at the perfect solution...I'm going to paint my car brown, put a bell on it and tell them it is a farting cow!!!

But seriously, I've decided to go with Sam at By Design and get the SS 200 cel system with manifolds. Not CA legal technically, as it wouldn't pass the visual, but will pass the test. I found a smog shop that is actually across the street from the DMV which certified it when stock, (bought it out of state). They were kind of lax and never even looked underneath. Also passed my F-430 with an exhaust by-pass installed. I have some time before the next check and will worry about it then.
So, my system is set to arrive this week and looking forward to install and, hopefully, auditory nirvana! You're welcome to meetup sometime if you want to hear it. Will keep you posted.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Tguerrette is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol. Mine is already brown so I just need the bell.

i’ve been Thinking about a road trip to visit Sam for the whole time that i’ve Owned it.