Question - spare wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 02:07 PM
white comet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question - spare wheel

Can you run a front wheel temporarily in the rear on 991.2 TTS.......offset is 51/56 front/rear...........would like to travel long distance trips with an OZ front wheel for insurance and have just in case of a flat, etc.....front wheel fits over largest brake calipers, so it should work since we don't have a spare........

Old 03-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
Question

Originally Posted by white comet
Can you run a front wheel temporarily in the rear on 991.2 TTS.......offset is 51/56 front/rear...........would like to travel long distance trips with an OZ front wheel for insurance and have just in case of a flat, etc.....front wheel fits over largest brake calipers, so it should work since we don't have a spare........
If you have the OZ wheel then why not just try it long enough to go around the block. But, where are you going to store it while traveling? A full size tire won't fit in the frunk and I don't think you can get it past the front seat to put it in the back. Sounds like an AAA card is a better option to me. I always carry a plug kit and tools to take care of most flats.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 AM
white comet is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jim M.
If you have the OZ wheel then why not just try it long enough to go around the block. But, where are you going to store it while traveling? A full size tire won't fit in the frunk and I don't think you can get it past the front seat to put it in the back. Sounds like an AAA card is a better option to me. I always carry a plug kit and tools to take care of most flats.
I have had a full size tire in the front seat when I had to use a space saver when tire was cut through with a piece of metal. Would not have been able to patch or goop that time and glad I had a spare in the middle of the mountains in NC....

have to think about it as ot would be about $1,000 for peace of mind....