ES Motors ES700 991.1 vs Built 991.1 at Shift Sector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:41 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi Adam,

Nice race...you car is rocket out of the hole, big props to you and specially to Mark for the win, 7 mph difference is no joke!

Saw that you jumped ship, hadn't you gone 175 mph with the GIAC OTS tune...once you get dialed in looks like you will beat my VTG 1/2 record.

Regards,

Manuel
Hi Manuel,

Thx. Launching this time was really challenging. I've launched better in the rain.

The GIAC / Champion platform that I have used for almost 7 years now is absolutely amazing, consistent and reliable. Bang for the buck - it has served me very well. I guess I wouldn't characterize it as "jumping ship" but more of a curiosity to see how the ES Motors tune would do in pretty much what turned to be very challenging conditions. Not only was the DA very high, there were head-side winds both days. I still have the GIAC tune and can switch back between GIAC and ES if I want to.

I have been very impressed with the ES results and given that there aren't any ES tuned cars that race out West, I was more curious than anything. The ES700 tune has completely exceeded expectations as it is as smooth and drivable as it is powerful. I did 174.1 and a few 173.75's with the GIAC tune. So the ES700 has a bit more in it comparatively.

I'm not one that ever cared about "records" anyway there seems to be some controversy about what exactly qualifies for a record and I'm not going there. I like the ES700 tune and I'll probably have it tweaked as I continue to work on my meth system.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:00 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Great race!!!

Old 05-04-2019, 05:12 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi Manuel,

Thx. Launching this time was really challenging. I've launched better in the rain.

The GIAC / Champion platform that I have used for almost 7 years now is absolutely amazing, consistent and reliable. Bang for the buck - it has served me very well. I guess I wouldn't characterize it as "jumping ship" but more of a curiosity to see how the ES Motors tune would do in pretty much what turned to be very challenging conditions. Not only was the DA very high, there were head-side winds both days. I still have the GIAC tune and can switch back between GIAC and ES if I want to.

I have been very impressed with the ES results and given that there aren't any ES tuned cars that race out West, I was more curious than anything. The ES700 tune has completely exceeded expectations as it is as smooth and drivable as it is powerful. I did 174.1 and a few 173.75's with the GIAC tune. So the ES700 has a bit more in it comparatively.

I'm not one that ever cared about "records" anyway there seems to be some controversy about what exactly qualifies for a record and I'm not going there. I like the ES700 tune and I'll probably have it tweaked as I continue to work on my meth system.

From the look of it, seems like ES750 would have gotten you first place.. given you needed 6.5mph more only

Old 05-05-2019, 09:53 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
From the look of it, seems like ES750 would have gotten you first place.. given you needed 6.5mph more only
I think I need a few more parts and more meth for the 750. But might give it a try!

Old 05-05-2019, 09:58 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Just to clarify the ES 750 is 750 wheel horsepower
And not crank HP is that correct

Old 05-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Great races and congrats Mark. Longboarder - you tree EVERYONE. Well done!

Old 05-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Thx brotha.

While I didnt have a front camera view on this particular video, I had a dragy and front facing camera. I posted the dragy on my IG. My car didnt start moving until the flagger's hands were all the way down.

My car really struggled this time to get the power down. It wasnt just me....everyone was having a worse time with traction. i ended up dropping rear tire pressure low 20's and launched in Sport (not Sport Plus) with Psm off and seemed to do better. 0-60's were 3 seconds which is an eternity. Not sure what was up with the airstrip but there must have been a lot of sand this time from the heavy side winds.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Just to clarify the ES 750 is 750 wheel horsepower
And not crank HP is that correct
From what I hear it's pretty close to 750 wheel but advertised as crank HP.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:01 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Ya you only needed another 2 mph and you would of broken the es750 1/2 mile all time record that’s amazing as it is you have the second fastest es vtg 1/2 mile time ever, even faster than the 71mm Vtg cars

Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Thank you

Old 05-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Payam
I need to step my game up 166mph is nothing compared to you guys LOL.
Next season, I hope!
166mph is a respectable time congrats

Old 05-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Payam
I need to step my game up 166mph is nothing compared to you guys LOL.
Next season, I hope!
You did great with the factory stock turbos.